The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

yeah, at $59 it's a awesome price. i just happen to notice that the preorder was up when I random check on TFW2005's new and rumor section , which I haven't been on that section for over 3 months.

Both boards were pretty quiet when the pre-order is listed, it lasted for around 7 hours.

New Thundercracker color scheme:

TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive

MP11T-Thundercracker-01.jpg

Hasbro version for comparison.

1346768742_5.jpg

Shouldn't Thundercracker's nose cone be blue also? Anyway, I'll pass on this cause I already have the Hasbro one. Regarding this mold, there's three things that bugs me most: ther rubber nose cone, which doesn't fit flush; the rear landing gears; and the rear horizontal stabilizer holder, which makes the stabilizer easy to fall off.

TRU Listing for HASBRO Masterpiece Starscream is UP

doesn't seem to have Crown kit :(

Preorder for $59.99 :):oB))

Free shipping

Estimated Ship date: 10/01/2015

Limit 5 per customer .

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=62615996

attachicon.gifpTRU1-21141344_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg

Thanks for the heads up F360! I got one on preordered this morning, $65 after tax and free S&H, I couldn't pass up. Although I was a little hesitant to pull the trigger, thinking why is the price so cheap. I was up at the time, because I had an upset stomach, then I wasn't able to fall asleep afterward so I decided to check this forum.

Shouldn't Thundercracker's nose cone be blue also? Anyway, I'll pass on this cause I already have the Hasbro one. Regarding this mold, there's three things that bugs me most: ther rubber nose cone, which doesn't fit flush; the rear landing gears; and the rear horizontal stabilizer holder, which makes the stabilizer easy to fall off.

I think TT is going for a hybrid toy/toon look for Thundercracker. IIRC, the G1 toy had a black nose cone.

But I agree on passing. I think only die-hard collectors and fans of MP-11 will go for the repaints. Hopefully, the upper torso fits together nice and tight.

That TC is still not what I was hoping for at all----I want G1 toy colors on the MP-11 mold.

So sick of 90% of TC's being light/medium blue. Yes, toon and toy were very different----but "in the middle" isn't right for either. And they almost never do dark. It's always toon, or "toon-hybrid" colors. Never the awesome sapphire metallic toy colors. :(

Although TT's Thundercracker looks better overall, I think I like Hasbro's blue better. But, the toy itself has too many flaws and begs for a redesign. If TT makes a new MP seeker, I hope they can find a way to have the chest intakes sit slightly higher than the head mount, and find a better solution to stowing the main gears, as well as making the mains more real-world accurate. A MP toy should depict both modes as accurately as possible, IMO.

I went out on a toy hunt yesterday, mainly for LEGO, but I always cruise the TF aisle in the hopes of seeing something new. Other than some of the smaller RiD toys (Fixit) and the little transforming weapons for them, I didn't see anything new. I did see quite a few Silverbolts. :rolleyes: I've been to TRU the last two weekends, and I didn't even see a shelf marker for Devastator, so I'm guessing they sold out as soon as they were put on the shelf, or they didn't get any stock. I did score the LEGO Mystery Machine though. :lol:

That was...chaotic and odd. Maybe it'd make more sense to me if I spoke the language. Shrugs. That Prime toy had so much potential if they'd just taken the engineering a bit further to make the cab and trailer work like the real thing, as they did with both Ultra Magnus figures. I've only bought 3 RiD figs, but compared to all my CHUGs, Prime, and Animated figures, these are a step back. I would expect Hasbro to throw more effort and finances into one of their flagship IPs to ensure a consistent quality product. Having handled a few, I get the opposite impression.

Oh well, more money for LEGO, who continue to produce a high quality product, with constant additions and improvements. They've earned earned their place as the top toy producer.

Idk I think the Paint job on Scream will probably make it look pretty cheap, as with most Hasbro releases.

Really plain white and red.

the takara release did not have paint on most of it either. just shiny grey plastic. my biggest criticism of the MP-11 is that shiny translucent plastic....still, its still the best g1 starscream around...coronation gear on the takara is nice too.

I finally got my Takara re-issue of Mp-10.

I have to say it's very tight and satisfying. That sounds wrong...

I would swear the plastic on the eyes is a bit bluer too. Not lighter, but the blue comes out more? Maybe.

Nice to have him back in the collection.

Edited by Gakken85

Aside from the dead eyes, MP-10 just looks better due to improvements since MP-1. It has more articulation and it comes with the trailer and Roller.

MP1 is still the better toy. MP-10 is quite fragile in comparison due to it's mostly plastic content.

Not really sure how playing with MP1 leads to damage. Truck mode is better, too. Not quite anime-accurate, but it's a solid truck and the bed locks better.

gnSwXNDl.jpg

I don't think MP-1 is a collector's item, either. It's a toy that you can give to kids without worrying about them breaking it.

MP-10 is more of the collector's item. It's expensive and not really for kids.

You can smash MP-1 and MP-10 together head on and see which one develops cracks and stuff afterwards ...

and fwiw

I have the mp10 but I am very close to purchase a mp01 so my question is:

really worth it?

MP-1 is really just worth at least $20-$30 to me. Even new and misb. I wouldn't recommend getting it for more than that. It's quite old. It can take the abuse, but that's about it. You might not even get the black gun if you get the Takara version.

MP-10 is the better figure if you want anime accuracy, great articulation, excellent display/posing abilities, and the roller+trailer accessories. It is pricey, but I think it's relatively worth it.

Edited by treatment

Mp10 is a better toy, Mp1 is a collector's item with diecast overkill and gimmicks galore. Playing with MP1 will lead to damage and the truck mode leaves a lot to be desired.

What damage? I've had two MP-1 toys since it first came out (Takara and Hasbro) and that's the first I've read a comment like this. Generally people talk about how solid it is. After all of the high end TF toys that have come out since 2003 I still think MP-10 is the most rugged and solidly built of them all. Mine has seen a lot of play over the years, by myself and by guests who want to handle it. I've never had anything break, crack, chip or even get loose. The thing is a tank and an honest to goodness TOY.

That said, I prefer MP-10 overall because it's more user-friendly being smaller and lighter, but I quite enjoy having both MP01 and MP10.

::EDIT::

Also I'd say it's worth far more than $20 or $30. You'll never find one at those prices anyway - much less MIB - unless it's broken.

Edited by eriku

I gotta check on mine later, but can you show us this an example "chipped" damage?

Is it really even considered "damage" for a tank like MP-1?

Maybe this "chipping" damage is a big deal to other collectors who just display their toys untouched, instead of playing with a toy like MP-1.

Bigger and heavier means nothing to me. I'm not going to use it to attack somebody, or nail a hammer, so it's a moot point. Not to mention taking up more space on my shelf is less appealing.

I like design and aesthetics. Plus, it's uniform with the other MP's that followed within certain limitations.