The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Yeah he does have little feet. But what are you going to do?

Why I'm gonna get one any poke fun at him. "Cybertron shall remain as you return, Megatron! As you observed, I can't go very fast or very far, as my creator decided to cast me with the tiniest feet from China". :p

I'm in for MP Shockwave, and Voyager Galvatron. Both are looking good.

Not too plussed about the Headmaster stuff; I always thought it was not only a dumb idea in practicality, but a dumb gimmick as well. But apparently people liked it, and it's coming back. :rolleyes: S'pose Powermasters will be next year's return gimmick. I'd rather they made a new Octane and Astrotrain in voyager size (or even leader class, esp Astrotrain). That would be glorious.

Leader Blaster looks pretty good, but his 'cassettes' are strange. Why not make them like the old cassetes, just more fitting to today's engineering, like the MP cassettes? They could make the entire line of cassettes and I'd buy them all. There was just something really cool about them that I still love 30+ years later. :wub:

And still no new Kickback to finish off the Insecticons. <_<

Not too plussed about the Headmaster stuff; I always thought it was not only a dumb idea in practicality, but a dumb gimmick as well. But apparently people liked it, and it's coming back. :rolleyes: S'pose Powermasters will be next year's return gimmick. I'd rather they made a new Octane and Astrotrain in voyager size (or even leader class, esp Astrotrain). That would be glorious.

I'm positive Astrotrain will be happening in voyager size, the Sentinel Prime they showed for Titan Wars is a dead ringer to be repainted into him. I wonder what clever Headmaster assignment they will come up with.

Ugh, no. I saw the Sentinel Prime, and for a moment I thought the same thing. And seeing how bad the shuttle is, and how even more egregiously terrible the 'train' mode is, I immediately tried to un-think it. Astrotrain needs his own mold so they can make him look like a proper realistic shuttle and a realistic train. At least they tried with the Classics version.

Well, then I guess you're not going to get that wish.

As for me, I'll probably get the Galvatron, because it does look pretty good for a Hasbro job, and that Blaster looks pretty boss, too. None of the other announced toys really appeal to me, though. I mean, if I saw them in a store I might pick up some of Headmasters, but if I don't it won't bother me.

JBO, so true. For a flagship brand, its scarcity in stores makes me wonder what Hasbro's strategy is for making money from them. Moreover, it seems to take a long time for them to show up when they do make a fleeting appearance.

I'm also liking the new Voyager Galvatron; leaps and bounds better than the Classics Deluxe version.

Guest davidwhangchoi

This is old news, but i just ordered from kmart platinum insecticon 3 pack for 48 plus tax for local pickup.

Found a 5 dollar coupon plus they have a 10 dollar shop your way (sears/kmart's rewards) coupon if you spend 20 on anything that they've been spamming my emails for weeks. They're on sale for 63.

Better then spending 80 the original price for these little guys.

Want to get a decent 6" Prime figure, what are the best recomendation, since I have only THS 02 Convoy and Legend Prime

Depends on your preference. If you mean to keep the height under 6", the biggest one in that range with the most features would be the CHUG Voyager Prime, which is a little harder to come by these days.

My personal favorite in the Voyager & under size classes is Voyager Animated Prime, closely followed by Deluxe WfC Prime (first game design). Both are excellent representations of their source media, but may or may not be the aesthetic choice you care for.

For faithfulness to the original, though it's a little larger than 6", MP-10 is hands down the one most fans would go with.

Want to get a decent 6" Prime figure, what are the best recomendation, since I have only THS 02 Convoy and Legend Prime

I'm not crazy about movie Prime, but Battle Blades Optimus Prime is one of the best Voyager sized versions of Optimus.I've ever laid hands on.

Also, Combiner Wars Optimus, though underwhelming on its own, has an amazing upgrade kit on the horizon. Designed by a guy I know. ;)

If you want a nice looking G1 style Prime that is bigger than the two in your photo I recommend Robotmasters Convoy, who is about 5" tall. Another good one is the Classics Deluxe Optimus who is also around 5" tall. Both of those however have alt modes that are about equally as wonky looking as the THS Convoy. The Classics Deluxe also has a spinning feature that is kind of lame.

::EDIT::

For something larger than those to, all of the previously mentioned figures are great, although I don't personally really like the Combiner Wars Optimus figure at all.

Edited by eriku

For faithfulness to the original, though it's a little larger than 6", MP-10 is hands down the one most fans would go with.

Didn't somebody do a KO of either MP-10 or MP-01 that's around voyager size?

Anyways, if you're good with a non-G1 Prime, the best by far is Transformers Prime First Edition voyager Optimus Prime.

Edited by anime52k8

Didn't somebody do a KO of either MP-10 or MP-01 that's around voyager size?

Anyways, if you're good with a non-G1 Prime, the best by far is Transformers Prime First Edition voyager Optimus Prime.

there is a downsize mp-01....its about 8.5" or so maybe? it was called pp-01 from igear. its not a straight downsizing as that would haven't been a great idea. much of it is re-engineered and its not a bad toy but it gets looser over time and use. also...its very light. they were my classics/3p prime and magnus for a while. for 6"...i think the best g1 "style" prime is classics prime (or henkei) or its many ko versions. be aware these "chug" molds have huge arm kibble and and totally non g1 like transformation. for something even less G1....yes first edition tf prime optimus prime might be the best voyager optimus toy ever....evasion prime ain't bad...its got a g1 alt mode....but its movie aesthetics in bot omde turn me off. its a great toy though.

oh and of course mp-10 is the best prime toy ever....its about 9.5" tall though.

Edited by Mechapilot77

Not a bad price for the Cloud Optimus. If you don't mind how the big panels on the arms look then you should be pleased with the toy, it's pretty great overall. Solid, fun to transform, lots of joints, cleverly desiged weapons. It was also re-released last year in a Toys R Us "Evolution" 2-pack with Evasion Optimus. They're long gone from the stores but on Ebay the 2-pack is cheaper than Cloud Optimus. It's the same toy as Cloud, similar deco and you get a bonus Evasion toy with it.

Here's one on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Optimus-Prime-Evolution-2-pack-/121787984033?hash=item1c5b2128a1

I must say, for a request that almost boils down to "which Optimus Prime toy do you like the best," this is the absolute most civil, polite and helpful TF-related conversation I have ever seen. I am glad to be a member of this forum.