The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

What happened to Wheeljack's spoiler? :p Seriously, those are nice pictures and Magnus is looking a little more dignified (I hope those picking him up are surprised by more faces. It would be nice of TT to do, since the switch-a-roo gimmick is an actual feature).

BBTS is now officially listing the MP-08X 'mystery accessory' as a throne, but no pictures of the item are posted on the site. TFSource is also hinting at a throne by using some nice artwork. Heh. It would be nice to see what it looks like.

There's a fuzzy picture on tfw2005 of a very blocky throne with some light texturing and an Autobot insignia. If that's the one, then I'm going to keep my small box preorder as planned.

Edited by technoblue

Masterpiece Bumblebee looks cool, I don't really do Transformers but a super sexy G1 inspired Bumblebee would be awesome, after seeing another crappy Bayformers movie where Bumblebee still doesn't talk made me long for a nice piece that pays tribute to the real Bee.

I could have maybe sprung for it if it had some etching to it and some style, but that's a hunk of crap :D

They got me with the MP-10 30th anni "Stand" that won't even hold up prime, but screw this haha

Edited by Gakken85

That auction is up to $10,600, with 7 more days to go. Crazy money, even if they are prototypes. While I hope whoever wins the auction is really, really happy with his/her purchase, personally if I saw these in a toy store, I wouldn't fork more than $20 for them. They're little non-poseable bricks. I'd rather spend my money on current toys. To each his own.

MP Bee looks pretty good, and they pretty much nailed Wheeljack. My only gripe with him is the little green and red striped tab below his windshield. I'd rather they had left the windshield rounded and shaped the leg panels accordingly. Still, not a bad looking fig. I'm happy with this line so far, and hope eventually we'll get all the old G1 car Autobots, especially the originals from the 1984 wave.

Guest davidwhangchoi

menasor knocked out bruticus with one punch. that'd probably why his g2 value went up so much. it's all based on rep:

Ha ha ha! Transformers with street cred.

I'm astounded at that auction, not so much with people bidding on what may or may not be a "cool" toy or piece of history, but with the fact that folks have that amount of disposable income.

I'd need an actual museum, complete with more than one wing filled to the brim with other pieces of history to justify that much for any one "thing" that I couldn't live or travel in.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ha ha ha! Transformers with street cred.

We would argue in class and after school who's the strongest. and everyone agreed Menasor was the strongest combiner.

thats because he came flying in from the hair with all that momentum and sucker punched him! in a fair fight bruticus could take him!

i loved bruticus but he had the 3 hole weakness in the back.

LOL! Dude. He turned Bruticus into a giant crater.

it was him or defensor as the strongest. lol

We would argue in class and after school who's the strongest. and everyone agreed Menasor was the strongest combiner.

i loved bruticus but he had the 3 hole weakness in the back.

it was him or defensor as the strongest. lol

lol yeah when onslaught conveniently forgets to wear his dual cannon backpack. lol. you forgot defensor also destroyed bruticus (all but swindle) with one blast in some episode. it all got very silly once the combiners came into the show.

Cool combiner video:

I like how they kind of lose the plot around computron/Abomnus and it turns totally Japanese influenced 70/80's retreads with the human style heads. Liokaizer is badass though. :D

I think on pure strength, predaking is the strongest yeah? Even over menasor.

Though... i'm not an expert on non G1, but Extinction is probably the king... all the dinobots in some messy semi-combiner gestalt. I think it was in FOC or a comic or something.

1279258542_Extinction2.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

Cool combiner video:

I think on pure strength, predaking is the strongest yeah? Even over menasor.

Though... i'm not an expert on non G1, but Extinction is probably the king... all the dinobots in some messy semi-combiner gestalt. I think it was in FOC or a comic or something.

nice vid, i seen that vid but didn't posted it bc it included japanese bots which is not considered g1 and that dinobot combiner wasn't ever on the original show.

yeah, predaking was SUPPOSE the be the baddest but was such a flop. he appeared in final episode of the 5 part intro to season 3 and he get's blasted by some chumps. the teletran files (short bio clips added at the end of re-runs of season 3) makes Predaking look strong, but so far in terms of the actual show, menasor was the strongest. (never had some cheap knock out like Devestator, Predaking , Bruticus)

that's why he's fetching 8000+ :p on ebay.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Okay, seriously... I'm trying to figure this out, and I can't. How did Takara get the Volkswagen license? Or are they just gonna laugh and be "This could be ANY car, you can't prove it's a Volkswagen Type 1"?

Okay, seriously... I'm trying to figure this out, and I can't. How did Takara get the Volkswagen license? Or are they just gonna laugh and be "This could be ANY car, you can't prove it's a Volkswagen Type 1"?

Prolly involves lotsa money and stuff.

I mean, they already got the Lamborghini license to produce Sideswipe and Red Alert.

Both are owned by VW.

Most likely it is just a matter of time for fan-favorite Jazz/Meister and Cliffy to follow up, too...

:D

Edited by treatment

What makes you think they don't have a license from VW?

VW almost gave them the license for Binaltech, but it fell through because they didn't want Bumblebee to have a gun.

What makes you think they don't have a license from VW?

VW almost gave them the license for Binaltech, but it fell through because they didn't want Bumblebee to have a gun.

My understanding was Volkswagen was pretty insistent they didn't want to be associated with war at all, and that's a hard condition to fill for a Transformer.