The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Yeah I don't know why anybody would collect anything other than MP's to be honest.... I can understand G1 collectors, but I had a lot of those as a kid so they aren't that sacred to me. Still have all the ones I loved when I sold off my old stuff from childhood.

Some people just like to have fun things to play with; and occasionally there's some cool, fun to play with stuff released to retail that isn't MP.

As a rule I only collect from the Masterpiece line.

I do occasionally venture out, like with the DMK releases which I think are awesome kits since you can't get a transformable, movie-accurate robot mode from the live action films. And I like the movie bot designs for Prime and Bumblebee.

I also have a Generations Springer, but I've yet to open him.

Mostly if I feel the need to zoom something around the room I stick with Macross and/or the occasional *random* toy (Gundam Metal Build, Hasbro MP Hot Rod, Play Arts Kai).

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't hate Spacebrick, and I don't think I've ever said that I do. What I have said, is that I don't care about Spacebrick, because unlike Optimus and the gang Spacebrick had nothing to do with my childhood, so I have zero interested in an MP version of him.

+1

I wish they'd designed Windblade's feet to fold down in jet mode; they look dumb just sticking up. Otherwise, it's a nice figure, and a nice addition to the Generations female bots. I'm also anticipating the release of Arcee and Chromia. It's been a long wait for a G1 Arcee figure, and from the pics I've seen, Has/Tak did a nice job with her design, even if she is a bit of a shellformer.

So this is out of left field....Hot toys is jumping in the TF market..

For $320 it's a big pass on a plastic figure that doesn't transform.

Under license from Hasbro, Inc., Hot Toys is proud to present the Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) Collectible Figure from the classic and highly popular THE TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 1.

The Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) Collectible Figure stands approximately 30cm tall, featuring a highly detailed mechanical structure and remarkable painting applications with distress effect, a pair of Starscream’s wings, weapons, and a rocky ground diorama base with Autobots’ logo.

THE TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 1 fans shouldn’t miss the chance to pre-order this cool collectible figure!

10496028_10152201015872344_6085262717135

10453041_10152201016032344_4530010688949

10427311_10152201016037344_6887694982687

Edited by Gakken85

Wha........ what? Is this really getting made? Why does he have SS wings mounted on his back? Why does the special edition come with a dismembered SS head? Why? The more I think about it the worse it gets.......

So now G1 Prime likes to kill people and wear there corpse as a backpack too?

It's Cosplay OP, it's the trendy leader version!

* I know why he is wearing it, but like I've always said, I'm not buying transformers for their not transforming feature.

I already got cryed to on the HT Facebook page for asking why they made a non- transforming Transformer...

I apologized and remembered that the TF Fandomicide would buy anal beads if it had a autobot logo on it.

Episode of G1 where SS dresses up like prime.........but that doesn't explain why SS's broken head is an exclusive when you pick this up.

I think it's a clever way to circumvent license problems, invoke the movies, and appeal to G1 all at once.

Meh.

I think I missed an episode...

LOL - that was my thought as well.

Easy pass, and yes, I like Transformers that don't transform for the sake of accuracy like the DMK releases, but I do not like random statues doing random things.

-b.

I still don't see the point of making statues based off the MP figures---if you're going to make it NOT transform---then don't copy the compromises made to make it transform! Yeesh, the MP figures are not the end-all be-all representations of their robot modes.

(I still hate the marker lights on every MP Prime, it's very clear that none of the MP Prime sculptors have ever actually seen a real American semi-truck close enough to know what marker lights look like) (no, that's not a big huge feature--but they're right there on the top of the chest, and catch your eye every time)

honestly as far as pure looks...kinda damn cool. what i don't like is the striping that should terminate at the ab grills but since its too high up goes all the way across. not accurate to g 1 prime.

also, they are referecing one episode where screamer pretends he is optimis and dresses up. only thing is you never seee the wings. all you see are his head and sholder tower intakes. this thing loosk like it references that episode as much as it does ROTF prime/jetfire. granted it looks kind of cool ( prime with wings is just a cool thing because he alwasy lacked flight in g1 sans a jetpack)..but it not accurate. at $320 i iwll probably pass. that being said however, if you remove all that stuff its still a cool looking prime...but maybe not a $320 cool looking prime. Also, didn't Hot Toys start down the diecast road with their recent iron man figures? isn't this the prefect opportunity to use it more?

I still don't see the point of making statues based off the MP figures---if you're going to make it NOT transform---then don't copy the compromises made to make it transform! Yeesh, the MP figures are not the end-all be-all representations of their robot modes.

(I still hate the marker lights on every MP Prime, it's very clear that none of the MP Prime sculptors have ever actually seen a real American semi-truck close enough to know what marker lights look like) (no, that's not a big huge feature--but they're right there on the top of the chest, and catch your eye every time)

those lights have been there since G1 prime toy although more accurately placed back then. they've been this way (as seen o mp-10 and this thing) for so long now that its almost part of this aesthetic queues to say, "this is g1 prime". look at a toon screencap...350px-G1OptimusPrimeStockFootage.jpg

3A will have gears, pistons, a fantasty sword, and moar weathering!

Maybe, but no one knows anything, Takara is normally pretty tight lipped on things they are partnering on.

3A + Microman took 12 months to get a actual product shot, to know what you were going to buy.

Hell, we don't even know what Transformers they will be from.. movie? G1? Beast Wars?!.. KISS PLAYERS?! lol

those lights have been there since G1 prime toy although more accurately placed back then. they've been this way (as seen o mp-10 and this thing) for so long now that its almost part of this aesthetic queues to say, "this is g1 prime". look at a toon screencap...350px-G1OptimusPrimeStockFootage.jpg

You're missing my main point. Not their presence/location---their SHAPE. The G1 toy had it right, and should be used as the reference for those for any and all "G1 Primes". These "things" on the MP's and statues are "cylinders with tubes on the front"---Nothing like actual marker lights on top of a truck's cab. But the G1 toy was spot-on there.

It'd be like changing the headlights to having inverted hexagonal dome-shapes for lenses, or making the stacks have a square cross-section---you're really getting away from the whole "supposed to be un-altered truck parts there".

Maybe, but no one knows anything, Takara is normally pretty tight lipped on things they are partnering on.

3A + Microman took 12 months to get a actual product shot, to know what you were going to buy.

Hell, we don't even know what Transformers they will be from.. movie? G1? Beast Wars?!.. KISS PLAYERS?! lol

I'd buy the hell out of a 1/12 scale autorooper with an Atari figure based of their Tomorrow Queen figures:

original-1361506032863.png

Guest davidwhangchoi

hot toys star scream wings on optimus??? that's so stupid...

next you'll see an sdf-1 with a gundam shield attached to it in cruiser... oh wait.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Looks cool to me but is that thing a statue, power pose statue, or poseable toy? Don't give a damn if it depicts OP as a murderer who wears the bones of his victims. I'll make my own narrative in my head, thanks.

hot toys star scream wings on optimus??? that's so stupid...

next you'll see an sdf-1 with a gundam shield attached to it in cruiser... oh wait.

Looks cool to me but is that thing a statue, power pose statue, or poseable toy? Don't give a damn if it depicts OP as a murderer who wears the bones of his victims. I'll make my own narrative in my head, thanks.

LOOOLLLLL

-b.

I love psychopathic murder prime that rips peoples faces off and wears there skin as a cape, it's just a little strange seeing G1 prime doing it.

It's as poseable as any Hot Toys... meaning it might have some, or none, or little.

Elbow bend that is restricted by the clothing/armor. The head twists around. The knees bend but you can't really get it into any kind of crouching pose. Sometimes an ab crunch to make him hunched over and fit in your case.

Generally all articulation may break something intricate, or snap a seam.

Lots of hands though... and some heavy as crap base that takes up too much space.

I'm happy that there are three companies that have never tempted me.

1. Fewture.

2. Side Show Collectibles.

3. 3A (Thought I thought about their MK.3 stuff)

Edited by Gakken85

Hahah...some days my Prime is a benevolent force of good...other days he blows holes in fools and wonders why they weren't made of sterner stuff :D

Edit: Probably not gonna preorder but I'm cool with it existing. Maybe I'll change my mind later.

Edited by xrentonx

you pre-ordering it? :p

HA HA HA! :lol:

Honestly, that's a fair question, but nope. No interest, as in zero, in purchasing that. I'd rather track down a loose Hasbro MP-10 if I wanted a Prime that looked like that, in order to pose and play with.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

HA HA HA! :lol:

Honestly, that's a fair question, but nope. No interest, as in zero, in purchasing that. I'd rather track down a loose Hasbro MP-10 if I wanted a Prime that looked like that, in order to pose and play with.

-b.

me too