The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

Great analogy, R2 D2 got on my nerves too (well in the original trilogy, I actually liked him in the prequels). :ph34r: / :lol:

-b.

What??? that's blasphemous... :unsure::wacko::lol: ok, but at least you're consistent...

please don't tell me you hate darth vader and g1 megatron.

the best part of beast wars was when ravage is conformed till he sees G1 megatron's image. he is moved by the sight of his leader... i stood up and cheered.

i felt the same way as ravage and was ready to get up and follow him.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I don't argue that G1 isn't crap, though the movie is the best piece of Transformers media ever made.

I do argue that watching robots turn into rats is stupid. Not just the concept, but the original beast toys were shellformers If you contend that G1 was only there to sell toys than you must contend that beast wars only existed to sell more toys as the G1 toys stopped selling and they had to do something else... and that something else was silly.

Maybe it has a good story, but so does War and peace and I'm not gonna read that either. Though.. I think I read part of that...

I'm here for Flash cars/planes and blocky robots. Or bust :D

Edited by Gakken85

What??? that's blasphemous... :unsure::wacko::lol: ok, but at least you're consistent...

please don't tell me you hate darth vader and g1 megatron.

the best part of beast wars was when ravage is conformed till he sees G1 megatron's image where is moved by the sight of his leader. i stood up and cheered.

i felt the same way as ravage and was ready to get up and follow him.

LOL - I do strive for consistency.

Vader: OT is awesome, PT is not.

Megatron: has been pretty much the same in every incarnation that I've seen him in (G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines and in the live action films) - evil, bumbling, funny, and incredibly capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. And yeah, I like him for what he is.

I do love G1 Masterpiece toys above all else, not at all a fan of Beast Wars toys - go figure.

-b.

Review of Generations Leader Jetfire.

Interesting and cool looking transformation. I would totally buy it if Takara releases a Dark Skyfire version.

Does someone know if TakaraTomy will release this in Japan with more paint apps?

Looks like a crazy transformation. However I got the impression form watching the review that the designer forgot half way down what to to and just stopped. I think the designer overused the flexible plastic on this toy.

Other than that he seems like a good Transformer toy. Sadly I haven't seen any of the AoE Dinobots on the shelfs. :(

Kind of a mix between that and a gundam haha.

It's funny, it's like 80% what 80% of the people on here talk about and like + it's a g1 transformer but people still try to find flaw.s

Edited by Gakken85

Not really.

It's not part G1.

It is part of the japanese continuity, however.

Wrong and wrong.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Generation_1_%28franchise%29

In Japan, rather than simply be identified as The Transformers throughout its lifespan, the franchise was rebranded with a new title and a shift in storytelling every year. This led to a collection of mini-franchises within the larger Generation 1 franchise, each featuring their own individual components. They are: