The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

No, this means Hasbro asian is releasing the hasbro colored prime again for asian markets. Meaning you can get it at robotkingdom/bbts ect.

But maybe Hasbro will rebox it too, down the road, but that isn't confirmed anywhere.

Official space brick watch update:

BuXA4EyCEAAodY8.jpg

Here's another look at Leader Class Jetfire.

>snip<

Slightly off topic, but I absolutely cannot stand Optibotimus' videos. The guy does reviews of toy robots, most of which are marketed to children and he always manages to come off as a crass, slightly bigoted a-hole. There are plenty of other video reviewers out there who I don't watch because I don't care for their style of video, but they all at least come off as decent people in real life, he just seems like a dick who'd be unpleasant to be around in real life.

Edited by anime52k8

Wait are you saying his reviews suck because he talks like an a-hole?

I think I've seen a few of his reviews but I don't remember them.

It seems like he just reviews free stuff he gets from toy companys to pimp plastic.

Pointless to review things that way imo.

Hey Guys. I've been out of the TF collecting game for a while (Macross has been keeping me busy). But I've always wanted a Masterpiece Prime. While web surfing today i came across MP Prime at BBTS. I almost instabuyed but i stopped myself. I figured it's be smart to shop around a bit and maybe get a better price. I quickly got overwhelmed by the amount of information out there. I was wondering you guys could help me decide.

So this is the one i was looking at:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11952&mode=retail&utm_source=retail_news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BigBadToyStore-Retail&utm_content=

What is the best store to preorder it? I live in Canada so i'm not sure if TFSource's free shipping deal applies to me.

After looking around online a bit i notice that the takara one has a better color scheme but i guess that one is not getting reissued?

I also came across this:

http://www.tf-direct.com/store/masterpiece-mp-10-optimus-prime-ko-ver-2nd-run-preorder

My first thought was to avoid this even though it's cheaper but i've been hearing some good things. Since you guys are the experts, i'd like to hear what you guys think.

Then of course i saw this:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=jetfire

Jetfire has been one of my favorite TFs (being a Macross fan i can't understand why :p). I'm guessing the top two entries are the same toy but released in different counties (Japan and US). The US version is cheaper but which is the better one to have quality wise?

If macross valks haven't been draining my wallet this year i'd just buy both of them and be done with it but i have to be a little more choosy this year.Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

So far it is only the Hasbro version that is getting reissued, though I recall some rumors of a Takara reissue down the road. I like the vibrant colors of the has version but to each their own. Just know that if you wait for a tak version it will likely be $200 or more for the same mold. As far as the KO goes I don't have one but most KOs out there are hit or miss on quality. For every person that gets a decent one there are two with loose arms and bad paint apps.

On jetfire, you are right the 46.99 version is Hasbro and the 74.99 is Takara. The big difference so far is that the has version has chromed fastpacks and tak has solid red plastic fastpacks. We are just getting reviews on the has version and don't have a clue how the finished tak product will look so you may want to wait and decide when both are out. Quality wise they will likely both be around the same, just be careful with the chrome on the has version.

Sandman - don't think you'll find better than either BBTS or TFsource.

And yeah I don't think TFsource does free shippinig to canada, so they'll probably both be about the same.

The KO option is totally up to you. Don't have much experience or info on the KO of prime, It would probably be a little loose with some paint flaws, but cheap.

US version of jetfire has bright red chrome parts, and the japanese versions usually have better paint jobs and makes it look like a totally different toy. If you think the look is worth the extra 25 bucks, that's up to you.

Probably robotkingdom would have the cheapest price.

Hope that helps.

I find it funny that Japan made a big deal for a while about chroming the Classics toys while the US WASN'T chroming them because it was dangerous if it broke.

Now WE have the shinies and JAPAN gets the boring old plastic!

No, I don't really care if it's accurate. I like the shiny.

Hey Guys. I've been out of the TF collecting game for a while (Macross has been keeping me busy). But I've always wanted a Masterpiece Prime. While web surfing today i came across MP Prime at BBTS. I almost instabuyed but i stopped myself. I figured it's be smart to shop around a bit and maybe get a better price. I quickly got overwhelmed by the amount of information out there. I was wondering you guys could help me decide.

So this is the one i was looking at:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11952&mode=retail&utm_source=retail_news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BigBadToyStore-Retail&utm_content=

What is the best store to preorder it? I live in Canada so i'm not sure if TFSource's free shipping deal applies to me.

After looking around online a bit i notice that the takara one has a better color scheme but i guess that one is not getting reissued?

I also came across this:

http://www.tf-direct.com/store/masterpiece-mp-10-optimus-prime-ko-ver-2nd-run-preorder

My first thought was to avoid this even though it's cheaper but i've been hearing some good things. Since you guys are the experts, i'd like to hear what you guys think.

Then of course i saw this:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=jetfire

Jetfire has been one of my favorite TFs (being a Macross fan i can't understand why :p). I'm guessing the top two entries are the same toy but released in different counties (Japan and US). The US version is cheaper but which is the better one to have quality wise?

If macross valks haven't been draining my wallet this year i'd just buy both of them and be done with it but i have to be a little more choosy this year.Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

From the Masterpieces I have so far I like MP-10 best. MP-01 is ok but the heavy die-cast feet are killing the play value for me. I would go with MP-10 because he is better in every aspect (minus the double jointed knees).

From the other Masterpieces I think the Prowl and Soundwave molds are also very good. Soundwave would be better than Convoy if it wasn't for the terrible waist joints. Also MP Condor is probably the best accessory ever. ^_^

hahaha

What's the difference between TRu Prowl and takara?

TRU is so expensive at 69.99

it is the price it is because they think people will pay it. the large box (packed in bot mode to take space up) gives the impression you are getting more. also many people paid $80-$90 for lambor back in the day before realizing the jp sites had them. in those days, it would have worked. now i pay 52 bucks shipped for prowl or streak and never look back. lol also i wish all transformable toys were packed in the smallest possible form/mode. being an apt dweller i'm pretty much out of room fro big boxes. apparently there is also some ugly date stamp or item number on his foot.

I find it funny that Japan made a big deal for a while about chroming the Classics toys while the US WASN'T chroming them because it was dangerous if it broke.

Now WE have the shinies and JAPAN gets the boring old plastic!

No, I don't really care if it's accurate. I like the shiny.

i like the shinies too..just not on this toy and just not the way hasbro chooses to use it sometimes. you got to be smart about where to apply chrome for maximum effect and so that it doesn't get rubbed off in tranformation or usage. the old henkei toys did that fairly well. the AOE first edition prime hasbro did....a good example of chrome used poorly. this leader jetfire...watched a review and his chrome was already coming off. personally it hink the fast packs should be painted...it would look nice, but i guess red plastic is ok (like the original toy). also the takara one has more paint apps (for example the fastpacks are two tone not just rd chrome throughout).

Edited by Mechapilot77

In my personal head fanon, Spacebrick was born with a defective CPU. He runs around Autobot headquarters, buggering his fellow Autobots from behind and yelling, "Me am leader!" The only reasons why they tolerate him is because he's related to Optimus, and because his armored form is bigger than a Dinobot and just as prone to smashing Decepticons.

I've been checking out TF toy sites all day. I have to say i'm pretty impressed with some of the stuff that has come out over the years since i quit collecting TFs. I'm liking a lot of the 3rd party stuff. Is Robot Kingdom a good place to order from? They seem a bit cheaper than BBTS and TFSource.

Guest davidwhangchoi

RobotKingdom is good, never had any negative experience with them, just the S&H is a bit expensive.

the changed their shipping costs to jack up the price and lied when i sent them an email about it. (i had different quotes of shipping within a week's time)

pre-order prices are good but after launch they're like ny and jack up the prices but do it on shipping.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Captured Prey is a good site

So I've heard.

It's not their fault, I guess, but the only order I've ever done with CP, paid for back on 6-7, has been pending a preorder ever since. The preorder item is still up for preorder, with an estimated ship date of last month.

So I've heard.

It's not their fault, I guess, but the only order I've ever done with CP, paid for back on 6-7, has been pending a preorder ever since. The preorder item is still up for preorder, with an estimated ship date of last month.

Damn. I hope things work out for you. I experienced a similar preorder delay at TFSource for a couple items (including MP-10B), which is why I hesitate to place my orders with them now.

I've been hoping for a TRU rerelease of MP-10, but I figure this is the closest I may get to getting a copy, so I preordered from Robot kingdom. Good price on Prime, but the S&H hurts. Oh well, it still came in under $200, and from everything I've seen and read about this toy, he's worth it.