The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I'd still feel kinda sad if I spent 12k on a bunch of unpainted G1's in plastic baggies. haha. Not to mention it's not even complete.

If I was a KO company I'd be KO'ing this, not grimlock. haha

Menasor's gestalt is so lazy. You'd think they'd integrate the transformation a bit more. I think I read somewhere that the artists didn't put much thought into drawing it for G1.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

babe ruth rookie card... dectective comics number 1 small piece of cardboard. sheets of colored paper. priceless.

whats a 1,000 bill? just a piece of green paper.

i just like valks bc they can be worth stuff and can transform lol

(i have some comics as well)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Of course. Anything is only worth what the NEXT guy is willing to pay.

Though, a 1,000 bill is universally accepted to be worth a certain amount for a large selection of goods to a large selection of people.

There is only a small amount of people that will pay that much for a Babe Ruth card, or a Detective comics 1.

Much like our Menasor here.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

just finished watching super god masterforce. damn that was torture to get to the end. a few characters were semi-decent.

i don't think i can get through victory. i tried one episode and stopped...

just finished watching super god masterforce. damn that was torture to get to the end. a few characters were semi-decent.

i don't think i can get through victory. i tried one episode and stopped...

Transformers wasn't ever really good fiction/show...it was just fun cuz we were kids and loved the robot designs. lol i mean i can stand behind most of S1 and S2 as somewhat watchable due to nostaglia factors but i struggle with season 3 and rodimus emo woah is me prime. it almost pains me that the best animation the S1-2 characters ever saw was their (often death) scenes in the 86 movie, followed by the commercials, and then a few seconds here and there in the cartoon it seemed likd they gave a crap about the animation. (i mean yeah SDFM was much the same way with inconsistency in quality of animation but not nearly as AWFUL when it was bad). i'm trying to watch headmasters right now and only a handful of episodes in i stopped and haven't been back to it in in like a month or two now.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Transformers wasn't ever really good fiction/show...it was just fun cuz we were kids and loved the robot designs. lol i mean i can stand behind most of S1 and S2 as somewhat watchable due to nostaglia factors but i struggle with season 3 and rodimus emo woah is me prime. it almost pains me that the best animation the S1-2 characters ever saw was their (often death) scenes in the 86 movie, followed by the commercials, and then a few seconds here and there in the cartoon it seemed likd they gave a crap about the animation. (i mean yeah SDFM was much the same way with inconsistency in quality of animation but not nearly as AWFUL when it was bad). i'm trying to watch headmasters right now and only a handful of episodes in i stopped and haven't been back to it in in like a month or two now.

i hear you man, but at least g1 we had some good personalities. even season 3 had starcream's ghost lol. i liked the sandstorm/octane's story as well as scourge getting poisoned by the matrix. lol

good luck finishing jyp headmasters. it's a chore as well.

I couldn't get through season 3 of G1. It was total crap. haha.

I had stopped watching cartoons as much as a kid at that point too and I'd never seen it.

The movie was kind of the end of the world for me.

1 and 2 are somewhat watchable... but not great.

It's amazing that something like Macross (Robotech) was on at the same time and so amazing.

It's all about the robots mang.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I couldn't get through season 3 of G1. It was total crap. haha.

I had stopped watching cartoons as much as a kid at that point too and I'd never seen it.

The movie was kind of the end of the world for me.

1 and 2 are somewhat watchable... but not great.

It's amazing that something like Macross (Robotech) was on at the same time and so amazing.

It's all about the robots mang.

yeah i think i lost interest after transformers went off the air. but still cool to have these masterpieces.

still waiting for mp-10 to come back.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Didn't you get YOTH MP-10?

no i was looking for it on clearance but bc of work i couldn't get out in time :unsure: nothing local around me (if you're referring to when he first come out, posted here i returned him to pay for my yf-19 x2 pre-orders)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Bummer. They were clogging the shelves in TRU Secaucus not long ago.

is he still there? last i looked when he was online, Secaucus had him in stock but now that the page is no longer online i can't check the store locator :unsure:

no i was looking for it on clearance but bc of work i couldn't get out in time :unsure: nothing local around me

That sucks, when I got mine last week my local TRU they had about 10 them, but most had beat up boxes. I actually like the gold chrome and darker red and blue colors.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That sucks, when I got mine last week my local TRU they had about 10 them, but most had beat up boxes. I actually like the gold chrome and darker red and blue colors.

yeah, i think he actually looks decent when i had him initially. hmm i'm sure he's still around B&M. just too tired to look around after work, the one 5 mins from my place is oos nj rt4 +rt17

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Im at tru now at rt 17 paramus, i see an acid storm but the box is trashed. The tape has been torn off.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just got home:

here's a pic of the box from the aisle:

photo1_zps2ea6458a.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Ouch. Now I am curious to see what's inside that box.

Out my way, YOTH Prime was still in the wild over the holiday weekend. The only problem is that every TRU is starting to use the spider-like security devices again, and these things dig into boxes if they are strapped on too tightly. I don't like them, although I understand why they exist.

Wonder how much the owner made percentage wise.

The guy selling it said he was being a broker for him...

Also, I'd like to see him collect haha

Edited by Gakken85

Ouch. Now I am curious to see what's inside that box.

Out my way, YOTH Prime was still in the wild over the holiday weekend. The only problem is that every TRU is starting to use the spider-like security devices again, and these things dig into boxes if they are strapped on too tightly. I don't like them, although I understand why they exist.

The TRU near me has the spiders too, but the boxes looked more beat from people mistreating them than from the spiders being put on too tight.

Yeah, but you could go places in it at least. If I had 26K of pocket money, I'd be adding a modest addition on to my LEGO room, and probably buy more TFs, Macross, and LEGO, of course. Even if I had Bill Gates' money, I doubt I'd spend it on old 80's TFs; they just don't do much for me. I like articulation, so I'd be more inclined to buy up all the Masterpieces and Generations/Classics toys. I love the G1 characters, albeit with modern engineering.

Went to my local TRU this last weekend, and nary a single YotH Prime; just a few of the huge Starscreams. I passed on YotH once, so I probably would again, as much as I want a MP Prime. I'm holding out hope for a rerelease of the original, hopefully still with his trailer. I did pick up the new Shrapnel, though. Nice update and a much needed addition to the Classics Decepticons. I'll be happy to add Bombshell to the team when he's released.