DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I'd love so see someone to do an update of the hip-bar on the renewals because I broke one on my VF-25F and need replacement. This talented lad could beef up the ball-part of this joint so it will not be floppy anymore. You can print pieces made out of metal powder over at Shapeways so you don't lose the Gokin part of the toy. ^_^

Veef to the rescue! :)

It's sad this thread went from new release excitement to figuring out how to fix Bandai's fails at manufacturing the "renewal version" of the first failure.

Even sadder is we'll all forget about it as soon as more announcements come out lol.

MW member - "Argh Bandai, my VF-25F is failing! I hate you!"

Bandai - " oh hi! We announce VF-25Z"

MW member - " omg I love Bandai renewals "

;)

It's sad this thread went from new release excitement to figuring out how to fix Bandai's fails at manufacturing the "renewal version" of the first failure.

Even sadder is we'll all forget about it as soon as more announcements come out lol.

MW member - "Argh Bandai, my VF-25F is failing! I hate you!"

Bandai - " oh hi! We announce VF-25Z"

MW member - " omg I love Bandai renewals "

;)

You and I know all we'll need is the VF-25S reissue.. then I think I'm done with the DX Chogokins... until the YF-30 that is...Though it seems we may get that first.

The pilot goes in the head in battroid mode. :p

But seriously, the pilot seat always stays in the cockpit on every Valk. Cannonically the seat will have some kind of rotating mechanism to make the seat upright but where ever the cockpit ends up in battroid mode is where the pilot sits.

The pilot goes in the head in battroid mode. :p

But seriously, the pilot seat always stays in the cockpit on every Valk. Cannonically the seat will have some kind of rotating mechanism to make the seat upright but where ever the cockpit ends up in battroid mode is where the pilot sits.

LOL - I see what you did there.

-b.

I ordered mine via Rakuten and using the free shipping promotion it came to ¥15,480 with EMS shipping to Australia.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/worldplus/4543112606167/

It just shipped yesterday, so I'm expecting it to arrive Friday or Monday.

Also check that the store will shipping to an address which is not your billing address. I had 1 order cancelled from seller that would only shipping to my billing address. I had my DX VF-25A shipped to my billing address just to be safe. Your order gets cancelled if they are using this strict shipping rule.

The Metal Build Exia Trans-Am I ordered from Rakuten shipped to my work address though, so the shipping policy varies from store to store.

My order might have been cancelled before as it was addressed to a friend at work (ordered something for her), so they just wanted to be safe in case of fraud.

MANDARAKE has one for 13000 Yen (Storefront item so it may have some minor box wear/damage).

AE has one for 14000 Yen (actual MSRP)

N-Y has several in stock for 16000 Yen; they also have the Super Parts available for preorder for 5480 Yen

Thanks! I have both the -25a and some armor on the way! :D

Always glad to help another MW member down the road to financial ruin... ^_^

QFT. I joined MW only last October, and already I've amassed quite a collection over the course of a year.

Not to mention most of my purchases were heavily discounted. I am already on the road to financial ruin.

Finally had some time to attach the Super Packs onto my VF-25G. Boy do I have a love/hate relationship to Bandai. The renewal valks look great! My first Super Packs with any renewals and while it looks fantastic, it doesn't seem to lock together as tightly as I thought it would (at least not as tightly as the valk without the packs). Am I missing some trick? I've always thought the Bandai stands are clunky at best, but this threading the giant sniper rifle through the stand attachments was a real chore, especially threading the rear two uprights through around the gun and between the legs. It seems like the entire assembly is resting on the rear uprights, the forward prongs that usually attach themselves into the white piece with the slots in it seems to just be resting on it, the prongs don't seem to actually engage the slots. Did I mis-transform it into aircraft mode or do any of you find the same thing when its on its stand in aircraft mode? I love the way it looks, it just doesn't lend itself easily to taking it off the stand to "swoosh" around, I tend to "swoosh" it around the room with the stand ;-(

This is mostly why I never have used Bandai's included stands, or even the standard Yamato ones. They're just not conducive to urges to remove the plane quickly, and put it back.

Arguably, Yamato's stands, and their multiple adapter pieces are worse than Bandai's stands in terms of setup (attaching a VF-1 to a stand involves halfway transforming it :p), but I just find the giant black plastic pedestals Bandai makes to be eyesores. Mine all sit either on the gear, or vertically with the feet extended.

Got my first Bandai Chogokin Valk today and it's quite an impressive toy, with a sturdy, heavy feel to it. Reminds me of the Metal Composite/Metal Build Gundam lines.

Overall I prefer the Yamato style valks more due to the overall lighter weight of the Yammies.

Next thing to do it the give it a good wash to remove any coatings on it, and then start panel lining, decals, weathering and finish off with a Mr Hobby Flat Top Coat so it has the same look at the Yammies. I might also adjust some of the colours a little to make a little more original looking. :D