I'm going to hope my wife misses the advertising so I could take her to the movie under the pretense that this is a war biopic mixed with a love story... like a "Pearl Harbor" movie that doesn't suck balls. I figure she owes me one after making me watch "The Reader" anyway.

I'm going to hope my wife misses the advertising so I could take her to the movie under the pretense that this is a war biopic mixed with a love story... like a "Pearl Harbor" movie that doesn't suck balls. I figure she owes me one after making me watch "The Reader" anyway.

The Reader...yes my wife owed me one for that as well. I started creating my own story plots after the first 10 minutes. Used my favor for Top Gun 3D though. I feel for you.

Would buy toy for that just coz vegemite powah!!

If Striker Eureka has a vegemite reactor, Gipsy Danger must be burning Crisco in that chest turbine.

...which would explain why it dies in the trailer. All the running around gave it a coronary.

Heh. After watching the trailer in the cinema last night my wife informed me that she has absolutely no interest in seeing it. Guess its off with the mates to see it instead....

• 2 weeks later...

It comes to my mind that someone described the experience of the second Transformer movie as "being hit over the head repeatedly with a very expensive train set". He ain't seen nothing yet.

I fear that someday someone will feel the need to top this. Well, we may get our live action Evangelion then...

Edited by electric indigo

The curious mind-melding piloting technology that they’re calling “The Drift.”

Still sounds like a clunky, gimmicky, less awesome version of Synchronization in Evangelion. I do like that the mech's AI is apparently GLaDOS though.

So what about the one Jaeger that has three pilots? Three lobes?

It obviously serves plot, but at least it's original (as far as I'm aware) for a Mech story.

If you look closely, that Jaeger has 3 arms...