Yamato 1/60 VF-5000G

valk1j

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a VF-5000G

• Yes
    • No
    • I want a VF-5000B

One of my all time favorites that I do hope gets made, plus there are tons of variants and repaints that can be made from it. Will Yamato go for it? I hope so unfortunately it's as featured as other valks so I don't know if they will take the bait.

I will never say no to a new Valkyrie mold (unless it's from Mac 2 :p) plus I just finished watching Dynamite 7 so my interest in the VF-5000G is piqued. That being said I'm not sure if I would actually buy one. Maybe if it was cheaper than the recent Yamato valks. Like 15000 yen or less.

I would rather a VF-4 or VF-9 tho lol

Edit: Just did some research and saw some pics of a model of the VF-5000. There really are a lot of variants of this bad boy. Also it looks pretty awesome IRL. I would get one.

Edited by Raptor One

Yep. I want as many different valks as can be made. While I think the battroid mode is a little uninspiring, the fighter mode looks great. Would love to have one with a VF-X Ravens paint scheme or at least one of the other U.N. Spacy paint schemes rather than the Zolan one. It would be great if they made FAST packs for one also.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I've never liked the VF-5000, I don't know why but I just don't care for it. Maybe if it was exceptionally cheap but everyone knows it won't be.

Personally I'd rather have a whole bunch of stuff before this but If there's enough people clamoring for it than why not, hopefully it will make Yamato enough money to spend on something better (VF-4, VF-14, VF-3000, VA-3, etc.).

I especially like this Valk because its Gerwalk has got a VF-1/11/19 hybrid look going.

It's Battroid, while goofy looking in the lineart, really benefits from some real world proportions on those models too.

Edited by Mommar

this is the version i'd be the most interested in having, though at the $300+ USD that YAMATO would likely charge, i just don't know how i'd ever manage one;

vf-5000b-mplus-battroid.gif

vf-5000b-mplus-fighter.gif

vf-5000b-mplus-fighter-alt.gif

schematic-vf5000b.gif

vf-5000-gunpod.gif

colorcode-vf5000b.gif

Edited by Shaorin

As for the guy that mentioned macross II. I would love to see macross II mecha. The metal Siren looks awesome.

here is the base mecha that the protodevlin enemy mechs take after:

vf-14 vampre

vf-14-m7plus-battroid_small.gifvf-14-m7plus-fighter_small.gif

They could do the grunt mech, the leader, and then later do the vf-14 which the enemy based its main fighters on. These fighters are the main opposition to vf-17.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Looks ok but do vf-4 first.

Why do you like it so much?

Don't you think they should start to do some enemy mecha from macross 7?

fz-109a-battroid_small.giffz-109a-gerwalk_small.giffz-109a-fighter_small.gif

fz-109f-battroid_small.gif

fz-109f-fighter_small.gif

I'd love to see those made into toys. The transformation alone is a very nice change from the 1-19 style that dominates Macross.

Well, honestly, judging from past Yamato history and business tactics, I doubt they will release a VF-5000G.

To justify the cost of R&D and potential sales volume, not to mention re-using the mold for other valkyrie variants, the VF-5000G just does not get all the ticks in the boxes!

I would really like to see a VF-4 toy but that I guess will also be a dream!

As with enemy mechas, nearly all animation, the enemy mechas never sell well. Even the hottest mecha animation Gundam, a Gundam always out sells the counterpart enemy version by at least two to one!

Edited by Valk009

I kinda wish the VF-14 was the common fighter in Frontier instead of the VF-171

That would have been awesome beyond awesome.

And the M3 game version completely fits in with the MacF esthetic.

colorcode-vf14.gif

Any Version of the VF-14 ant any price point would be preferable to a VF-5000.

That would have been awesome beyond awesome.

And the M3 game version completely fits in with the MacF esthetic.

colorcode-vf14.gif

Any Version of the VF-14 ant any price point would be preferable to a VF-5000.

The VF-14 would be cool to have too. My nitpicks about the design of it though are the vent flaps that don't lay flat against the chest in battroid and just kinda stick out and the face plate is visible from the bottom of the fighter like an old school transformer toy. Fighter mode is not the prettiest of designs either, but I'd still buy one or two if it were ever made.