DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Whether it's the final product, or whatever someone wants to label it to be as accurate as they want, I gotta wonder if Bandai even listens, or is aware of consumer issues such as the paint flaking? It makes me wonder if Bandai just doesn't care, or if they maybe feel they're too big to listen to these complaints.

Whether it's the final product, or whatever someone wants to label it to be as accurate as they want, I gotta wonder if Bandai even listens, or is aware of consumer issues such as the paint flaking? It makes me wonder if Bandai just doesn't care, or if they maybe feel they're too big to listen to these complaints.

A little from Column A, a little from Column B.

Maybe I am mistaken , but have the taken the improvements in the Models and used them in the Toys

The designer of this v.2 is the same who designed de 1/72 model kit, Mr. T. Maeda.

Source: http://www.blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2011/07/post-562.html

http://www.toyark.com/news/macross-toy-news-51/t-maeda-of-tamashii-talks-dx-vf25-renewal-version-4564/

I’d say Bandai does listen the consumer’s complaints. They made small changes with every new run of their v.1, although not very important ones due to the molds are something too expensive to replace.

But looking at all the v.2 improvements –see the 2nd link above- it seems to me that they’ve addressed all the issues claimed by the consumers BUT those related to the plastics and paint applications. I wonder if it’s due to a Mr. Kawamori request of using a gloss surface as he did with the Yamato VF-19 + not using better quality paints to keep the costs down or just an impossibility of having better results due to the nature of the plastics.

In the end, everyone can only hope that the paint adhesion isn't that lame.

Not to give a panic button, but their Robot Damashii line has suffered very ghastly paint blotches.

Let's all hope they don't do the same thing with these items that are more expensive.

I'm betting on them figuring out the way to make the back piece different this time. Remember, there's a separation joint in the back plate that shows where a separate piece goes to fit behind the head.

I think the reason the gun slots are extra long is because they're not part of the piece that gets swapped out to fit the different heads.

Also, ditto on waiting for the armor. Alto will likely be an exclusive again, but there's no way they'd make Ozma's armor a webshop only release.

Yeah, cuz making, painting, assembling, packaging and shipping doesn't take any time. No, you're right they'll probably just wait till the night before to make them.

Actually, if you look back a similar time scale from the release date of the upcoming VF-25F V.2, the images that came out were very similar in quality to the VF-25S mock-ups that recently came out. That picture showed a product with a purple tint - canopy, as well as other little variations from the product that we see today. If we cross-apply that theory here, it actually does make more logical sense to presume that the Ozma pics that we saw are actually pre-production samples, not an actual "representative" product image. Furthermore, I think Jenius even stated that Bandai products are prone to chipping, so I don't really think that is anything to be stated against him.

Lastly, if my IT skills are correct, It does NOT take 6 months to create the the generally small first-run quantities that these items are sold upon. Bandai "might" sell 125,000ish units upon the first run release (which is why they are usually sold out so quickly), and 6 months is a LONG time for a manufacturing factory to create such a small quantity of figures. Logical reasoning deducts that it is in fact pre-production, with maybe a few more tweaks to go.

Actually, if you look back a similar time scale from the release date of the upcoming VF-25F V.2, the images that came out were very similar in quality to the VF-25S mock-ups that recently came out. That picture showed a product with a purple tint - canopy, as well as other little variations from the product that we see today. If we cross-apply that theory here, it actually does make more logical sense to presume that the Ozma pics that we saw are actually pre-production samples, not an actual "representative" product image. Furthermore, I think Jenius even stated that Bandai products are prone to chipping, so I don't really think that is anything to be stated against him.

Lastly, if my IT skills are correct, It does NOT take 6 months to create the the generally small first-run quantities that these items are sold upon. Bandai "might" sell 125,000ish units upon the first run release (which is why they are usually sold out so quickly), and 6 months is a LONG time for a manufacturing factory to create such a small quantity of figures. Logical reasoning deducts that it is in fact pre-production, with maybe a few more tweaks to go.

Comparing the alto release to the Ozma release is pretty much bunk logic. The alto was the first of the series, the Ozma is a head swap and a new paint scheme. Maybe if this were Yamato or Hasbro, companies that have shown a willingness to change molds in the middle of production runs then you'd have a point. But if we look at what Bandai has done in the past, that is *ignore* design issues then we have no reason to assume that Bandai would request a fully factory painted "pre-production sample" before the first release in the line was even out.

And why is it so hard for me to believe that what is being shown is a "pre-production sample"? Because it takes time and money to shut down a line, clean it and re-calibrate it for new plastic. It takes time and money to shut down, clean and prep the paint lines for new paint. It takes time and money to shut down and prep the tampo applications. Not to mention all the downtime of doing this while they're, presumably, in the middle of manufacturing and packaging all those alto units that they waited until the last minute to do.

If you think Bandai spent the time and money in the middle of producing the alto line to do a one off so the marketing department could have something to take pictures of, by all means do so.

I'm not sure where you're getting 6 months from, but okay, whatever. You don't know that they're only producing enough for the initial release, maybe they're making more for an armor bundle run? Maybe they have already started on producing the next variant? If you look at any other toy line, transformers for example. Production "samples" start leaking out into the grey market MONTHS ahead of the retail release date.

So yeah, maybe Bandai does have a factory full of these things, just sitting around. Why not? Hasbro does it, Yamato does it... pretty much everyone in the manufacturing industry does it.

Bandai is awesome now. lol at the risk of being a troll on these boards, they did a good vb-6 monster. The macross quarter was fine. They did the himetals. And now they are doing the vf-25 using people yamato used. If yamato want to survive they got to take my advice and make perfect transformable vf-0 at 1/100 scale bringing the cost of the toys down a bit for those who have no space (and to lessen the effect of rising prices on the average joe in the US) and at the same time lessen the shipping cost so the toys become more of an impulse purchase.

This is what toynami did with the little vf-1 toys. When they finally make Reactive armor for the vf-0 they wont have to worry about breaking arms and stuff due to excess weight and other issues that would normally plague larger toys where joints can barely handle all the stress bearing upon them. Then they can fight at 3 fronts: 1/100, (vb-monster and enemy mecha) 1/60 (most valks) and 1/48. (collector grade details and gimmicks ie version 2 1/48 vf-1.. )

If bandai employees are listening: non-glossy valks in future thanks. And less web exclusives. You have too much money but you obviosly made a fool of yourself with the vf-25 v.1. Listen to the critics. And for god's sake continue the himetal line. YF-19 and YF-21 news please.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Considering even Bandai couldn't make the 1/100 scale work (as in make it profitable and worth doing), I can't see Yamato making the 1/100 scale work for them.

But I don't really see what Yamato has to worry about with Bandai. They're not competing directly, bandai has the newer license and yamato is picking up the older stuff. Just like they've been doing for the past 10 years.

IMO, *if* Yamato doesn't make it, it will have a lot more to do with the economy and the shrinking anime fan base than because of Bandai.

Bandai "might" sell 125,000ish units upon the first run release (which is why they are usually sold out so quickly), and 6 months is a LONG time for a manufacturing factory to create such a small quantity of figures.

Small? I'm no expert but I cannot see the production run being anywhere near that number at all. I would imagine 10,000 being the absolute highest, and even then I'm being quite generous. If I recall correctly, Yamato made only 1,000 VF-11C's and 800 VF-22S Gamlin valks for the first run. Granted that was M7 merchandise, a show which has zero recognition these days compared to Frontier, but still, the target consumers have a large overlap.

You guys are absolutely amazing. I don't think I've ever been part of an online community as effective as all of you at making me not want to buy toys I'm otherwise interested in. I can't think of another message board I frequent where I can click on every product thread and have the fallowing reaction every time:

*opens thread*

Wow, that looks so cool! I wonder if there are pre-orders up yet?

*reads the rest of the thread*

oh, never mind :(

It's quite nice actually. I've been able to afford some really awesome toys thanks to not buying Macross toys. So thanks for being totally awesome guys.

Edited by anime52k8

Small? I'm no expert but I cannot see the production run being anywhere near that number at all. I would imagine 10,000 being the absolute highest, and even then I'm being quite generous. If I recall correctly, Yamato made only 1,000 VF-11C's and 800 VF-22S Gamlin valks for the first run. Granted that was M7 merchandise, a show which has zero recognition these days compared to Frontier, but still, the target consumers have a large overlap.

I don't get why bandai makes such limited runs of these frontier collectibles, I just was looking around the web for the YF 29 that came out in what June, And not only is it sold out everywhere online but hlj is listing it as discontinued. When you come out with a new frontier release why is it that only 3 months after its release i can not go onto any online shop that sold them and buy one ? It is not like these are indivually numbered limited edition collectibles like sideshows premium formats for example.

I mean come on bandai if they are sold out everywhere, obviously they our popular soo why not make more of them and have them available for everyone that is wanting to buy them for at minimum for six months if not a year after release ..

What is bandai's possible reasoning for doin this ??

Edited by HEY BOYS

You guys are absolutely amazing. I don't think I've ever been part of an online community as effective as all of you at making me not want to buy toys I'm otherwise interested in. I can't think of another message board I frequent where I can click on every product thread hand have the fallowing reaction every time:

*opens thread*

Wow, that looks so cool! I wonder if there are pre-orders up yet?

*reads the rest of the thread*

oh, never mind :(

It's quite nice actually. I've been able to afford some really awesome toys thanks to not buying Macross toys. So thanks for being totally awesome guys.

If you go over to the picture gallery thread, you will lose all your money in an instant, though, so these forums cut both ways...

I don't get why bandai makes such limited runs of thes frontier collectibles, I just was looking around the web for the YF 29 that came out in what June, And not only is it sold out everywhere online but hlj is listing it as discontinued. When you come out with a new frontier release why is it that only 3 months after its release can i not go onto any online shop that sold them and buy one ? It is not like these are indivually numbered limited edition collectibles like sideshows premium formats for example.

I mean come on bandai if they are sold out everywhere, obviously they our popular soo why not make more of them and have them available for everyone that is wanting to buy them for at minimum for six months if not a year after release ..

I don't know but I never, ever saw a single VF-29 for sale in any shop, except once in a second-hand store at a considerable mark-up. It seems Bandai produces the very least they need to, charges the very most they can, then makes everything else a web exclusive. They've gotten very good at being cost-effective and eliminating waste that way. Not that that helps our situation any, though.

The Hi-Metals are gathering dust on store shelves everywhere, meanwhile. No wonder Bandai made Skull Squadron entirely web-exclusive.

Tell me about it. I am still waiting on a re release of the SD VF-25F Infinity figure. Which, by the way, if anyone has one, I am still in desperate need of one. haha.

Edited by pud333

I don't know but I never, ever saw a single VF-29 for sale in any shop, except once in a second-hand store at a considerable mark-up. It seems Bandai produces the very least they need to, charges the very most they can, then makes everything else a web exclusive. They've gotten very good at being cost-effective and eliminating waste that way. Not that that helps our situation any, though.

The Hi-Metals are gathering dust on store shelves everywhere, meanwhile. No wonder Bandai made Skull Squadron entirely web-exclusive.

I hear ya, why stores like hlj and amiami dont have unlimited supply of the 1/60 frontier collectibles provided to them by bandai for the 1st 6 months to a year after release is beyond me

Edited by HEY BOYS

Tell me about it. I am still waiting on a re release of the SD VF-25F Infinity figure. Which, by the way, if anyone has one, I am still in desperate need of one. haha.

Yeah and instead collectors have to deal with bs like these prices

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-VF-25F-Messiah-Valkyrie-Aruto-Type-Bandai-PSL-/260727421804?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb490bb6c

FRAK...I hate that they're not letting us know the plans for the Armored Pack. <_<

When version one was available for pre-ordering did you know at that time they will be making a armored version ?

Edited by HEY BOYS

FRAK...I hate that they're not letting us know the plans for the Armored Pack. <_<

Totally with you here. Not sure If I should go ahead and pre-order or "roll the dice" and hope they release a bundle later.

Chris

Totally with you here. Not sure If I should go ahead and pre-order or "roll the dice" and hope they release a bundle later.

Chris

I'll wait for an armored bundle.

My money is on the VF-17S and VF-19S first :mellow:

Chris

just forget about this all together and get a VF-19, It's Blue and very pretty.

Yeah I'm going through that tough decision right now too. I would rather buy the bundle than a standalone of each thing.

Ozuma is my fave of the bunch. I am a big fan of the grey valks. (vf-11b, shin's vf-0, low visibility vf-1 etc)

No tough decisions here, I went to AmiAmi's site and hit that fraking pre-order button the second I saw tomac66's post and link. I like the bare Valk, everyone should have at least one VF-25S without anything on it, too awesome looking to cover up, IMO. I've already decided to triple dip on this one, I want a Super pack, AND an Armored version of this mofo, lol.

-Kyp

Yeah, Bandai has been kind of freaking me out with how they've been releasing things. How the High metal releases went with several exclusives, the v1 fast packs were exclusives too correct or was that just for Alto supers? Then the YF-29 has only been sold with the fast packs as a separate exclusive set. I'd hate to miss out on the VF-25S...or at least a good pre-order price for one....only to have the Armor set be sold as a separate set. Crap, as it stands I think I'm going to roll the dice and save my money to get a new VF-19F or P when they come out, which I'll bet will be around January too, for one of them at least. Seems like Yamato and Bandai are sending out there new releases around the same time as each other.

October: V2 VF-25F

November: VF-19S

December: VF-17S

January: V2 VF-25S

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Yeah that's b.s. The really stupid thing is someone listed another one for $299 soon after. It's like, really?!? If no one is buying it at $199, how do you possibly expect to get more than that? Whatever. I want one bad, but not THAT badly. I can afford to wait in the hopes Bandai does a reissue.

At any rate, I found something better to spend $200 on. Preordered the Ozma custom. They might release a bundled version, but I'm not sure when or if they ever will. But I figure they'll definitely relase the armour as stand alone and I'll just pick that up later.