DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

If it says "compatible" then I read it as a separate set instead of a bundle.

It means probably a Tamashii Web Exlcusive item.

Taking into consideration bandai's past practices, there's a big chance that you are right <_<

gahhhh!!!! shouldn't have waited to see info regarding bundled set possibility. now every place preorder is sold out...and we all know preorder price on these is the best price we'll ever see unless it doesnt sell well (which won't happen)! i hope hlj will put these up soon for similar pricing. also have to confirm where i can secure webshop exclusive items now. crap.

Since the armor and boosters are highly color-coordinated in Frontier, I wouldn't expect it to be available separately. They'd have to have a half-dozen different packs for Alto, Ozma, Luca, etc. With the VF-1, the only difference is a single sticker most of the time for DYRL for the 3 most popular schemes so it was sold separately---but note that you can't buy Max and Millia's highly-custom-colored TV-armor separately, only bundled.

A separate armor release is only viable if it can be used with many previous valk releases--and that won't be the case with the -25 due to the many color variations.

Since the armor and boosters are highly color-coordinated in Frontier, I wouldn't expect it to be available separately. They'd have to have a half-dozen different packs for Alto, Ozma, Luca, etc. With the VF-1, the only difference is a single sticker most of the time for DYRL for the 3 most popular schemes so it was sold separately---but note that you can't buy Max and Millia's highly-custom-colored TV-armor separately, only bundled.

A separate armor release is only viable if it can be used with many previous valk releases--and that won't be the case with the -25 due to the many color variations.

...going by this I HOPE the bundles are NOT TamashiiWeb exclusives.

Tamashii has sold separate armors before though, Ozma and Alto's FAST packs, then Alto's Tornado Armor and Armored Messiah parts.

I must be one of the few who really doesn't care for the way the armor looks on these things.

You're not the only one. I think it completely detracts from the beauty and sleekness of the plane designs. However, Ozma needs his super pack and I will be posing him in battroid mode with it.

they were on the V1 available separately. alto's super and heavy armor were both web exclusives. (baby blue pack in version not wiethstanding) also ozma's super pack was as well. we all know the heavy armor was a bundle woth ozma, it makes sense since he was rarely seen without it. the vg-25G and Luca's are bound to be bundles as well since they were always shown that way in the anime. Alto's valk was the only one seen in all its incarnations i think (naked, super, heavy armor). my guess is they will follow the V1 closely.

You're not the only one. I think it completely detracts from the beauty and sleekness of the plane designs.

Well Perhaps it does a bit however having the option of displaying the armored version from time to time is a must

Edited by HEY BOYS

I'm probably going to get this from BBTS, when that preorder is up. It usually costs more, up front, but when shipping's added, it usually breaks even. Is this wise or should I jump in on one of the Japanese retailers?

Well Perhaps it does a bit however having the option of displaying the armored version from time to time is a must

True enough. Which is why I need at least one set... If they do end up being web exclusives, what's the best store to go to for that online?

I'm probably going to get this from BBTS, when that preorder is up. It usually costs more, up front, but when shipping's added, it usually breaks even. Is this wise or should I jump in on one of the Japanese retailers?

With what ami ami had the pre orders for you will be paying bout 37 dollars more goin through bbts

$173 versuses $210 shipped

Edited by HEY BOYS

With what ami ami had the pre orders for you will be paying bout 37 dollars more goin through bbts

$173 versuses $210 shipped

thanks that's a good tip. I'm late for the ami preorder, so I hope to jump on HLJ maybe

BBTS should be ur last resort - Unless its discount TFs! I'm giving Anime Export a chance, ordered both of them.

This is how I see it too.

Edited by pud333

For minor mecha or not so popular items I understand the manufacturers have to go exclusive in order to minimise the chance of dead stocks, but I really don't understand the idea of putting some hot items as web exclusive, as the price are usually quite normal locally. (the extra cost was the freight as they are imported in small lot by retailers, usually by express mail)

Is it just a way of hype?

But on really hot items they may end up making less money by not selling them oversea through usual channels.

Edited by alchemo

For miner mecha or not so popular items I understand the manufacturers have to go exclusive in order to minimise the chance of dead stocks, but I really don't understand the idea of putting some hot items as web exclusive, as the price are usually quite normal locally. (the extra cost was the freight as they are imported in small lot by retailers, usually by express mail)

Is it just a way of hype?

But on really hot items they may end up making less money by not selling them oversea through usual channels.

They don't care about the overseas market.

They are evaluating by extending some products in regional Tamashii shops. Like the Bandai Asia carries a few of tamashii items.

Personally I think bandai is nuts not to care about overseas market. I think this is one of the reasons the western game industryis slowly taking over the game industry globally now (which used to be dominated by japan in the past generations) because they market things to the other regions, whereas japan doesn't branch out to outside regions enough. I know that a lot of people who collect transformers have bought (almost to the exclusion of the hasbro versions of the figures) the imported japanese toys simply because they like the extra details and stuff over the changed american versions.

The extra sales they could get if they just stopped this nonsense would far outweigh whatever benefit they think they are getting by making things exclusive. But bandai are asshats as we saw with the v1 vf-25, so obviously they are not going to listen to us wiser folk. :p Love the toys, but not the idiotic decisions to prevent themselves from expanding and growing their sales. Sure they can't locally bring macros toys due to harmony gold, but to ignore the advantages of getting more toys out to more people so they can profit more? That doesn't make sense. Because of them I won't buy the figures I was intended to buy because they went down the path of making certain stuff exclusive. Maybe they just don't have faith in macross enough to care? They probably care more about gundam so the attitude is "why should I try hard if I make more money doing this other stuff?" The extra money they might make by making it easy to get the items to people overseas, just isn't enough compared to what they make doing other things.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'm really surprised at how FAST the pre-orders for the Ozma have sold out. Unless like I said before that they still haven't confirmed numbers or something, but it only took less then a day for them to be sold out. Really strange that HLJ still hasn't even listed it yet. Maybe this version will have a smaller production run due to a possible bundle release with the full armor? Just seems a little strange to me is all.

Chris

I suspect the stores we've seen preorders from are simply jumping the gun. They heard from a distributor the price and release date so they took a batch of preorders to get the early converts before they had any idea on how many they'd be able to get. We'll probably see preorders open back up when shipping quantities are more clear.

I suspect the stores we've seen preorders from are simply jumping the gun. They heard from a distributor the price and release date so they took a batch of preorders to get the early converts before they had any idea on how many they'd be able to get. We'll probably see preorders open back up when shipping quantities are more clear.

I agree with your speculation. Still, as this is quite common for merchandizes, the sold-out speed of the VF-25S preorders across web shops is pretty amazing.

Edited by ff95gj

I agree with your speculation. Still, as this is quite common for merchandizes, the sold-out speed of the VF-25S preorders across web shops is pretty amazing.

Also shows how much better this new one seems compared to the V1. I didn't mind the look of the V1 but the joint quality, shoulder articulation and lack of thigh swivels bothered me. Ditto for the hindered knees with super armor.