DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

It is ok Kyp, now I see you don't know what I am referring too. Please feel free to revise my original post. No one got "screwed" by purchasing the V1. It is only you who makes it sound like that smarty pants. You ought be greatful to all the people who bought them in the first place, instead of vulgarly saying they got screwed. I guess respect is something rare to many people. V.

WTF??

"This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by vlenhoff. View it anyway?"

Who's fighting? :)

Anyways, let's get this back on track.

With the V1's, both Alto's and Ozma's valks were released pretty much at the same time. Now, Alto's is being released first (Due to the movies, I'd be willing to bet.), and Ozma's is being released 3 months later. I have a feeling they're going to change up the order a bit this time around. It will be interesting to see what comes after Ozma, and what, if anything ends up being a web exclusive.

-Kyp

It is ok Kyp, now I see you don't know what I am referring too. Please feel free to revise my original post. No one got "screwed" by purchasing the V1. It is only you who makes it sound like that smarty pants.

You ought be greatful to all the people who bought them in the first place, instead of vulgarly saying they got screwed.

I guess respect is something rare to many people.

V.

I for one got screwed, and I welcome any pity people may want to throw my way.

Took the plunge and pre-ordered the Ozma. I'd rather face the risk of possibly buying two identical Valks for the armor parts, than to buy a single one from FleeceBay at highly inflated prices. This way, at least I get more value for my money.

Of course, the idea situation would be for Bandai to release separate armor parts.

Went back to HLJ to check out the 25S again and to see if they where order stopped yet and couldn't find it. Came back here and used the link and noticed that it is listed as the "Y"F-25S. Maybe that's why we weren't seeing it for so long. Lol!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

As a guy who owns four first release vf-0s, three of which had exploding shoulders, I can only say that I wish my ver1 armored ozma was as good as those.

Heh. I saw those Armored Ozuma's reduced to 8000 yen brand new in a store and I did think about it for a good 5 minutes or so, but afterwards I just wanted to spit on them.

IF they release a v2 Armored Ozuma and IF it turns out to be any good, I MAY consider it.... But I'm still staying away from these releases for a while.

Off-topic: So... is "afterwards" not a word, or what? It's underlined in red. I know "afterward" is a word, but I thought they were interchangeable.

Edited by Renato

sorry to ask, when is this supposed to be released in Japan?

those in Hong Kong, when can we expect to find it on the streets? (I was late for preorders)

It was still available for preorder last Sat! In Sino Centre.

HK$1280 or HK$1288 I can't remember... We expect it may come on time on Thursday or Friday. Not sure as there's no official distributor for Macross products in Hong Kong. (even if they do, there is not guarantee they would deliver right away - the SHF Riotrooper was late for a week)

Instead of feeling bad for those who bought Ver 1, we should all be thankful .They basically helped funding Ver 2. I don't understand this sort of thinking, no offense.

I own no frontier valks, and I wish I did.

BTW, Thanks Graham/Shawn for having the forums back. It looks great.

Thanks for the thought. I'll be doing okay. I think.

I don't want to count how many old DX VF-25 valks I have, let's just say I have more than 5.

P.S. And the Michael VF-25G Tornado Bundle was released just earlier in 2011 (and that I didn't purchase it until months later, before I learn about a version 2). Shame on you, Bandai.

Thanks ff95gj, I wasn't looking for places to preorder in the streets, the online retailers...it was a matter of luck.

I hope I can still get one off the streets when it's out but since I will be out of Hong Kong until next Wed (again, was out last week)...it gets a bit complicated.

Kyp, I seriously mean no offense by posting this. I apologize in advance if this in any way hurt your feelings. I respect you very much and appreciate your posts.

It was just a simple observation, and it meant no offense to any of MW members. Everyone buying Macross stuff is aware these collectibles will probably be released again in the future. We all know this, yet the obvious remark appears again and again: "Oh noooo, poor people who bought V1". This is assuming everyone feels screwed with their product. I believe assumptions are disrespectful.

I personally think words and phrases like "screwed", "long end of the stick" "who got themselves balls deep into the V1's" "they got screwed over by Bandai" are just plain unnecessary and derogatory. When does this end? In next Bandai's release?

I personally own most of the yamato v1 vf-1 1/60. and yes, I have the main characters of v2 vf-1 1/60 as well. Why should i feel bad I have all the releases of v1? Some people have none of them, and I am grateful I have all of them. If in any way I helped pave the way for "better" future toys, then I am glad I did. If we didn't buy first releases, future releases would less likely be produced. I am proud Macross collector, and I am sure you are one as well Kyp. Now, lets hug.

Back to the tread I personally adore how this vf-25 looks. I have read some disagreement when compared to the line art, but I personally think it is a very sleek and beautiful toy. I am looking forward to get this release.

Edited by vlenhoff

I've been re-watching the first few episodes of MF on DVD these past few days. Now I can't recall ever seeing a VF-25 without boosters or armor, except for that one scene when Alto uses Gilliam's VF to save Ranka.

Just out of curiosity, did the VF-25 EVER not use boosters or armor throughout the series? Just thought maybe Bandai should have given us some boosters to go with the figs, since the Valks were never shown "unarmored."

Edited by GU-11

I wonder when it will hit HK shops, as we often get Bandai toys a few days before the official release date.

Graham

I may have to scout Monkok tomorrow afternoon/evening but I don't expect to see it yet. Hope they'll still have them for a reasonable price after next Wed. I feel I cannot do without one, naked or armored.

The VF-25 looks better naked than with Super Packs, in my opinion. The Ozma Armored version is a different story

I agree, the VF-25F looks better naked, although I also like the Tornado pack. I've personally never liked the look of the Super Packs.

Also agree that the Armoured Ozma is a different story, that looks awesome.

Will also check Mong Kok tomorrow.

Graham

Regult, I suggest you to ask if you still can preorder one tmr, if you are that desperate.

I thought about offering to get it for you, but if the price get really flutauted (not surprising if it does, the toy market is crazy) I am unable to make the decision.

I too would rather wait for a possible/probable bundle when it comes to the VF-25S; that, and since I have the VF-25F on pre-order, I would rather test drive that one first to see if the design, engineering, execution, materials, quality, and durability warrant continuing to collect the line. With today's economy and outrageous exchange rate I have to be a lot more discriminating about what I choose to spend what little disposable income I have on toys and hobbies.

I too would rather wait for a possible/probable bundle when it comes to the VF-25S; that, and since I have the VF-25F on pre-order, I would rather test drive that one first to see if the design, engineering, execution, materials, quality, and durability warrant continuing to collect the line. With today's economy and outrageous exchange rate I have to be a lot more discriminating about what I choose to spend what little disposable income I have on toys and hobbies.

Well said. That exchange rate is obnoxious. 10,900 for this VF-25, and its still stealing $150 from me before shipping. I wish it would just be 100 yen = 1 dollar. Make life so much easier (cheaper lol).

Back on topic, how can they release they packs as separate add ons? Last I remember, they were super personalized for each valk (akin to race cars), so they don't seem like they could be sold individually (at least, if one expects to make any profit).

Back on topic, how can they release they packs as separate add ons? Last I remember, they were super personalized for each valk (akin to race cars), so they don't seem like they could be sold individually (at least, if one expects to make any profit).

I think they could sell separate, individualized, packs if they wanted to and still make money at it. There are a few color coded parts that could belong to one family mold while all the other grey pieces would be shot on another line, or the unit specific parts could be painted (hate this option as its so extremely hard to match paint pigment to plastic color formulation... it always looks off no matter how close, and it's prone to scratching and rub off). However, I fear that fast packs and tornado packs would end up as web exclusives or released only to select retailers, online or otherwise, because they'd likely need to be produced in shorter runs than the 25s themselves (maybe 1/3 to 1/2 the nunbers as not everyone who purchases the VF will buy the add-ons), which would make them rather expensive for what you're actually getting... economics of scale and all that.

True. In my honest opinion, either the tornado packs come immediately first for armor (due to movie popularity), or they don't come at all. The super and armored packs are iconic, so they make more sense, but I'm not to sure about the tornado packs in general.

I still don't see why they couldn't do what they did for the kits, and just release a set of super packs with a massive set of stickers to make them match whatever VF-25 you want. Could even include directions for paint colors if you'd rather do that. Even swappable multi-colored parts wouldn't be too difficult.

Considering that the guy in charge of the new toys came over from the model division, I hope he brings that bit of wisdom with him.

I still don't see why they couldn't do what they did for the kits, and just release a set of super packs with a massive set of stickers to make them match whatever VF-25 you want. Could even include directions for paint colors if you'd rather do that. Even swappable multi-colored parts wouldn't be too difficult.

Considering that the guy in charge of the new toys came over from the model division, I hope he brings that bit of wisdom with him.

IMHO the kit stickers does not work. The pilot-specific color parts are not flat most of the time, unlike the VF-1's where there are only the Skull logo backgrounds. It is quite impossible to simply apply stickers and look good. At least not for my sticky fingers. :ph34r:

because now he's in the "toy" division.

I can't believe that the wait is finally almost over, it's been tough, and I've had to ignore several great deals lately because I needed to keep my money in reserve so I could pay for this pre-order, lol. It's hard being a poor Macross collector. :p

But I have a feeling the wait is going to be worth it. :)

-Kyp

It's expected earliest end of this week, or around the 26th in the streets here in Hong Kong. I hope when I am back it's still available at a reasonable price. No shops accept reserves/preorders at this point and stock should be low.

Actually, rather than stickers (which would really look like crap), Bandai if they wanted could probably make one Super Pack set for all VF-25 variants, using swappable plug-in colour plastic pieces where required, except possibly for the intake covers, which may be too thin to accomadate removeable parts.

The leg, shield and dorsal(back) Super parts have no different colour markings, so they are common between Alto/Ozma/Micheal/Luca.

The big wing boosters only have the colour band around the tip which is different, so that part could easily be made a swappable plug-in colour piece.

The chest armour again is mostly grey with only the left and right coloured raised sections. These sections could easily be made as swappable parts.

The shoulder missile launchers could also have swappable different colour hatches.

So really the only parts of the Super Pack that would need to be duplicated for all for colours would be the intake covers.

Graham