DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

That Ozma version looks amazing...HOWEVER... the fact that Bandai has said nothing about the armor parts is kinda annoying, and preventing me from going further with the line than Alto. Will the armor be available as a package with future releases, will they be online exclusives, will they have a fast pack and armor sold seperately, or do you have to double dip? All those unknowns, I'd rather be on the safe side, and not buy it at all until those get answered. If I miss out, oh well, no skin of my back.

My guess is that there might be a bigger chance that they won't do a bundled release IF the initial release gets good reception.

I think they re-released the v.1 with the armor parts way back since the initial release had received many complaints like the crooked head guns and short neck.

And considering Bandai's usual behavior with add-on parts/accessories/weapons, they will have the super and armor parts as web exclusives.

I do really think the 25S looks really awesome with armor parts,

though I think it just looks as nice if it's a regular fighter mode in stall pose where you can see the skull symbol.

My wants are simple:

I most want an awesome-looking armored Ozma. If they don't make the armor, and/or it doesn't look awesome (I still wonder if they can make big bulky armor that fits on new skinnier sculpt), I'll pass---I demand Ozma be both armored, and that the armor be awesome-looking.

If I can't have an Ozma like I want, I want a super-pack Alto.

Either way, I'm going to be waiting a while before buying.

I do have a concern that carries over from the V.1---the neck/chest piece being the same as Alto's. Can't tell from these pics, but the "slots for the head-cannons" in the skull-logo pic do seem longer than they need to be--like if they were sized/shaped for Alto's.

I do have a concern that carries over from the V.1---the neck/chest piece being the same as Alto's. Can't tell from these pics, but the "slots for the head-cannons" in the skull-logo pic do seem longer than they need to be--like if they were sized/shaped for Alto's.

schematic-vf25stop.gif

According to this lineart those extra long slots are accurate.

OMG!!! OMG!!!

post-12283-0-75635900-1317393508_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-74024400-1317393516_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-55966800-1317393524_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-45184600-1317393554_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-24017900-1317393559_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-15770900-1317393569_thumb.jpg

2012年1月發售: DX超合金 Macross F VF-25F Messiah(Ozama機) Renewal Ver. 14,000Yen

DX超合金 マクロスF(フロンティア) VF-25S メサイアバルキリー(オズマ・リー機) リニューアルVer.

Source: http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/53368/index

so is that cathy in her flight suit behind ozma, and is it included in the 25s release?

so is that cathy in her flight suit behind ozma, and is it included in the 25s release?

No, according to the source it's a Ranka figure.

It is included in the 25S release, also the gunpod, the assault knife, four sets of replacement hands and a stand.

I think the paint peeling is obvious. Even Yamato released the 19 Kai's photos with paint chips on it. (The ones with blue background).

That’s completely different for Yamato used a painted prototype for those early pictures, obviously proner to chipping than the plastic toy; while Bandai used the actual toy for their photos.

Actual toy, preproduction run, it doesn’t matter; I meant it’s not the painted prototype anymore. We’ve already seen what kind of plastics Bandai uses and how firm the paint applications are. You are right about not freaking out too much, owning an YF-19 myself I’ve learnt to deal with this matter already, but it doesn’t mean I find it right.

I also agree with what someone else said. I rather wait to see if bandai is going to release the armored pack version as a bundle. I own myself a v1 version of this figure and having done some custom work on it. I cannot bear to part with it.

However this v2 version does indeed warrant its purchase if its green lighted for armored pack. But knowing bandai as they did with the yf29 it might end up being a tamashii exclusive.

Its going to suck but time will tell.

Also my v2 vf25s has aged well, but touch up are necessary as I started seeing some minor paint damage in the shoulder areas as as the nose side areas. Joints are holding up but I mean eventually it will flop.

This release wont be any different.

[...]

Also my v2 vf25s has aged well, but touch up are necessary as I started seeing some minor paint damage in the shoulder areas as as the nose side areas. Joints are holding up but I mean eventually it will flop.

This release wont be any different.

You mean your v.1, I suppose :mellow:

OMG!!! OMG!!!

post-12283-0-75635900-1317393508_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-74024400-1317393516_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-55966800-1317393524_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-45184600-1317393554_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-24017900-1317393559_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-15770900-1317393569_thumb.jpg

2012年1月發售: DX超合金 Macross F VF-25F Messiah(Ozama機) Renewal Ver. 14,000Yen

DX超合金 マクロスF(フロンティア) VF-25S メサイアバルキリー(オズマ・リー機) リニューアルVer.

Source: http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/53368/index

seriously thats as good as bought. looks great. hoping that the heavy armor won't be an "exclusive". question is do i jump on this when it comes out or do i wait for heavy armor announcement?

That's the actual toy but it's not being released for months? It's a preproduction run at best... the kind that always has the warning "Final product may vary." I wouldn't freak out too much.

agree

Why is it hard to think that it's an actual production sample? It's obviously not hand painted and it has tampo printing. If the Alto is coming out in a month, it's doubtful the factory is still making that model and have moved on to the next release... the ozma.

Remember, after these things come out of the molds they still need to be cleaned, painted, assembled, packaged, shipped to distribution centers and shipped to retail. It's common to have the product done and shipped weeks or even a month or more before the release date.

When's the release date? I thought it was January. Maybe it is the final version. Maybe Bandai has a huge warehouse in China just full of Ozma toys waiting for whatever the release date is. Maybe they sent a couple back to Japan for marketing purposes. Maybe it's an artist's proof. Maybe it's a preproduction run. Who knows? I seem to recall hearing that this toy is due out three months from now so I'd suspect it's a preproduction run sent to Bandai so they could do some marketing and put it through the paces and then tell the factory whatever tweaks need to be made before doing the whole amount. I might be wrong. Even if I'm right, it doesn't mean Bandai will ask for any changes so ultimately it might be the same as the production run. Either way, I'm sure that particular toy is seeing a lot of action so the paint chipping isn't terribly surprising. In the end, it's a Bandai product, you're going to be able to chip the paint off of it. Usually being cautious helps reduce the likelihood (not something I would think is happening with that sample) so it's not something to freak out over... and not freaking out was the important thing.

The surface details are definitely better in this second version.

I just wish Bandai will come out with a special version, Macross 30th Anniversary version. Maybe a VF-25 painted in Hikaru's VF-1J color scheme.

If Bandai quit using ultra-smooth-glossy plastic, they wouldn't have so many issues with paint adhesion.

Painting 101: Rougher surfaces hold it better. (like Yamato's slightly-textured matte plastic)

Is it just me, or does it appear that this has a duller finish than the glossy version 1's?

-Kyp