DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

I am looking forward to it. I agree wit UN, they will produce the rest of the molds too. Let's be patient. Maybe they haven't shown Ozma as they are working on his armor at the same time as he was rarely without it and maybe they will release it with the armor.

I seem to be a little annoyed by how the Fighter mode's side view of the leg area looks when compared to the line art.

Could it be a mistransformation?

th_schematic-vf25fside.gif

th_205952_2290392822885_1340934256_32676108_545601_n.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe it's not EXACTLY to the lineart, I dunno, but if it's just a hair off, I don't see a need to nitpick it. Looks great to me.

I want to see armored Ozma. Individual mini-missiles is too much to ask for, huh? I at least hope they're separate clusters of inserts with red tips and white bodies or something like that.

Jeez...you're all a bunch of Debbie Downers.

We'll get em all folks...Bandai is gonna MILK this mold.

I pray every night that they would, but I still worry from the fact that the VF100 and Robot Spirit lines are incomplete (in terms of the 4 VF-25 variations).

Nor do we see the YF-25 besides the model kit...

Bandai is not as milk-molding as Yamato as far as I observe.

Again, I hope I am wrong. I must be!

I pray every night that they would, but I still worry from the fact that the VF100 and Robot Spirit lines are incomplete (in terms of the 4 VF-25 variations).

I don't care about the VF100 or Robot Spirits lineup. :mellow:

They didn't continue the VF100 and Robot Spirit lines because the demand for it was pretty low I think.

The same cannot be said about the DX VF-25. The fact that they decided it was worth the effort to make a version 2 despite already having released a full set for skull squadron seems to indicate to me that they saw there was demand for it. The pre-orders alone have been very good so I can't see why they wouldn't continue with Ozma, et al.

The thingy with the legs being too high in fighter mode just concerned me since the 1/72 kit never had that look.

And seeing that this renewal version was designed by the guy who designed the 1/72 kit, well, you get my point.

Somehow, it disturbs me the same way the YF-19's gullet does.

But oh well, I guess I'll give time to ponder about that since I'm much more into Yamato's Mac7 stuff.

As for the Robot Spirits line, I seem to want to sell the ones in my collection since I don't think I would bother buying another Robot Spirits figure even if it's the armored 25S, even if it's not an exclusive figure. The only thing that makes me keep them is my other collection of smaller scale figures like the Hi-Metal, Revoltech and GNU.

Edited by kamadoma

I find the YF-21 to be slimmer still, but this new version's profile is certainly a vast improvement over the first version.

Does it look to anyone else like the right leg is a little lower than the left in the picture? It sort of seems that way to me from the angles shown of the fighter mode.

Makes me wonder if there is some leeway in how the leg is positioned despite the locking mechanism.

Considering this new version’s design has been supervised by Mr. Kawamori himself I guess we should think about it as a revised official line art for the VF-25, which is now more than ever the slimmest Macross fighter.

the original DX-25's where supervised by SK himself.

Does it look to anyone else like the right leg is a little lower than the left in the picture? It sort of seems that way to me from the angles shown of the fighter mode.

Makes me wonder if there is some leeway in how the leg is positioned despite the locking mechanism.

It does look like there's a difference of a mm or two. Could be it's not seated properly or it's just an issue of it being a prototype.

This is still planned for a late October release, right?

This! Remember those pics with him observing the resin design model, while White Base's crew sat and watched behind him :D

Well, I didn't say he didn't supervised the V.1; I did say we can consider this v.2 as a REVISED official line art.

No need to talk about the flaws of the v.1. Why did Mr. Kawamori approved it at the same time than the much better sculpted 1/72 kit? Nobody here knows. It was a really unfortunate fact but I don’t care anymore. Just looking forward to the new one.

Soooo....with the every cropping up problems with the DX YF-29 regarding ever failing joints due to thse cruddy plastic on metal joints, are you guys still good to go for dropping $200+ on these things? (especially those who are looking forward to armor variants as well)?

I don't know, but I feel a little uneasy about these DX toys, especially when the idea of them failing utterly a few months after purchase is quite utterly possible...

I don't care about the VF100 or Robot Spirits lineup. :mellow:

I understand about the VF100 line, but the Robot Spirit line was a pity.

Considering how they pump out models from multiple series in a month, and they can't even give me a web exclusive VF-25S Armored!

My point was... Milk molding is not very important for Bandai. They have so many licenses to choose from! Unlike Yamato.

Soooo....with the every cropping up problems with the DX YF-29 regarding ever failing joints due to thse cruddy plastic on metal joints, are you guys still good to go for dropping $200+ on these things? (especially those who are looking forward to armor variants as well)?

I don't know, but I feel a little uneasy about these DX toys, especially when the idea of them failing utterly a few months after purchase is quite utterly possible...

I'm reconsidering. The joints are a concern as is the paint rubbing. I also very concerned that this type of bright white plastic is going to yellow over time.

Yea I was excited for these but now I'm considering going back to my original plan and waiting for the Yamato version. I can be patient when need be.

In any case I guess the best we can do is wait for reviews. Of course then you run the risk of it selling out, but it's probably better to want it and not be able to get it, than to get it and find out it's faulty. Wallets will be pleased.

I once had thoughts of getting this, but since I love Mac7's mecha more, I'd rather give my money Yamato first.

At least the upcoming 19 variants would be surely be the same (if not improved) as the Fire Valkyrie, as opposed to this DX which we don't even know if will go sagging around in 2-3 months time.

Yes, the increasing incidence of design and execution faults with the DX YF-29, and considering the DX VF-25 V2 shares it's engineering lineage, does make me reconsider the wisdom of keeping my pre-order; however, I'm going to stay the course and hope that the 25 will incorporate some design fixes based on what has been learned from the 29... not expecting much but hoping that, like Yamato, Bandai may take the experience garnered from the 29's production, and consumer feedback, and improve subsequent releases (I consider the 25 V2 somewhat of a follow up to the 29, so to speak). Besides, since I never purchased any of the V1s and would like to have at least one 1/60 version, I'll give this a chance to impress me or dissuade me from acquiring any of the other variants when released.

To be very honest... I'm not sure I even care if the joints ARE floppy. I'll probably be buying all of these purely because I love the fighter mode of the VF-25 (along with the super/armor packs), and it finally looks good enough that I want to spend money on it. Most of the time when I transform my valks, I only do for a little while, pose them a bit, then put them back in fighter, and zoom them around. So the only joints I really need to be sturdy are the landing gear hinges. :)

Plus, if I can get an armored Ozma from this mold, I will have no qualms about building my armored 1/72 kit as a permanent battroid. Until I see proof that I can get a decent 1/60 armored VF-25 toy that transforms and holds together, I'm going on the assumption that the 1/72 kit will have to suffice, and will try my best to build it so it transforms with a minimum of damaged paint and decals.

Edited by Chronocidal

I will, but I'll wait for Luca. I might get Alto later, if it gets re released (all the preorders sold out right?).

Held back on the first round of the BanDai DX Macross F toys but these new designs look too good to pass by!

So, with the new design, BanDai will have to release all new Fast Packs, Armor Packs etc, a real money spinner!

I can't wait for the new release. I still like the old one's to. AM not selling mine.

But honestly I am also awaiting the amount of people that are going to pick at this one and show all the flaws with it. Saving that this doesn't match the line art or this joint is lose. The amount of people already picking at it before it hasn't even really been relased is crazy.

All I can say is that if you can provide a better engineered and designed toy. That matches the line art, is nearly indestructable, unscratchable. Can deal with any ware and tare. And is affordable, and has great box art.

Go for it, and then I would say you have the right to whinge.

Thants my 2 cents worth

Edited by Smegalot

Uh but this is MacrossWorld and that what we do best. Plus for a company as big as Bandai you would think with making transforming toys they would have advanced past the poiint of having loose joints on a toy after a few transformations, so yes we pick it apart because he have seen better and we want better.