Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

Has anyone figure out why they have you pull the 2 grey tab pieces in the shoulder area down?

Mine just kinda float there without any purpose as far as I can tell.

You know I was wondering the same-thing, at first I thought they clip to the shoulders but they seem just to rest on top them. The instructions aren't really clear about them either.

You know I was wondering the same-thing, at first I thought they clip to the shoulders but they seem just to rest on top them. The instructions aren't really clear about them either.

Well, they're in the line art as far as i remember. In the show I think they secure the boosters to the shoulders and that they're supposed to be magnetic. But that's just what I think I remember.

Attention, attention...I keel you now! :D

All joking aside, I really hope I don't get inundated with PMs for custom speakers I don't intend on making :(

Heh heh relax I was just kidding around couldn't resist when the thought popped up in my head. Though everyone's got theirs I'm still waiting for mine as it's still hold up in Tokyo and hasn't left Japan. And with Labor Day around the corner I won't be seeing it till Tuesday.

Thanks for pointing out, man. I probably missed it since I only got active posting here for like the past week. Thanks again.

I guess that seals the deal when it comes to displaying my Fire Valkyrie with the Sound Boosters in Fighter mode.

Edited by kamadoma

You should see the new one i'm working on. Speaking of new projects.....

WORKING SOUNDBOOSTERS, BABY!!!

The new speakers are not exactly anime-accurate but I actually prefer them. They sit further forward than the originals but the shell still closes soundly.

You can see the mini-jack hidden in the thrusters. There'll be one on the other side as each pod houses its own speaker. Just didn't want wires exposed. Means I use a split cable when I plug them in.

It'd be so awesome when you hook it up to your phone and walk into the subway in Tokyo speaking to your little red fire valk.

Very interesting video review! Just goes to show you how much things that don't matter to some can completely ruin a toy for others. Who would have thought a little release agent would cause that sort of reaction? I hope he steers clear of Bandai's DX toys.

AHAHAHA... "absolutely Massive..."

"But Diecast, Diecast, Diecast" ..."I can't stand it"

"tactile sensation is important to me"

Every time I touch it it leaves my fingers so oily and greasy"

LoL Answers:

Correct it is massive

If you can't stand it, da hell did you buy it then, let alone reviewed it..

Get some glove homie..act like you've never handles something slippery before LOL

Just came in today, so far i love it it makes the fire valkyrie look cooler. the one thing that bugged me was the way you have to get the 3 pegs to come out for attaching to battroid mode, also the sound booster makes it heavier so a lot more stress on the thigh joints. but dont let that keep you from buying it because it is an awsome addition.

wonderful, can't wait for my sound booster!!!

lol

He chose a very apt name for himself.

What a joke. :rolleyes:

"i can't stand it" "it's a crap toy"

WOW, would you mind donating it to me, then? srsly?

more like; "it's a crap review" but one thing it DID do was demonstrate, once more,

how absolutely AMAZING this "Toy"'s engineering is. makes me really want it, RIGHT THIS MINUTE, McDonalds VF or no.

if i was even mildly comfortably financially well off, i'd think i'd drop the $250+ right this moment on the strength of that "review" alone!!

i'll be getting my own 1/60 YF-19v.I for the very first time soon, and i'm quite certain it'll satisfy,

but there is nonetheless no doubt in my mind, after that video, that the new 19 chassis is a QUANTUM LEAP forward indeed.

it is just too bad that YAMATO's new standard MSRPs are just SO damned far out of my range

for what i can consider reasonable for a "Toy" in my current general financial state.

if i ever get to the position in the not-terribly-distant future where i can excuse dropping that kind of cash on a new YAMATO Valk,

it will definitely have to be on a YF-19v.II, which MAY or MAY NOT happen an unforeseeable number of years from now,

perhaps maybe just in time for me to actually be in a position to afford one.

in the meantime, i'll stop holding my breath and attempting to bank on what is essentially nothing more than an uncertain future possibility,

and finally settle down for a YF-19 1/60v.I right now, while it still remains an option ...

Edited by Shaorin

Very interesting video review! Just goes to show you how much things that don't matter to some can completely ruin a toy for others. Who would have thought a little release agent would cause that sort of reaction? I hope he steers clear of Bandai's DX toys.

That was just a garbage review. I hope he's not someone trying to get into the toy review business, as he, excuse me, sounds like a little b!tch when complaining. He's too lazy to clean the toy, but wants to complain about it? Honestly, his review just sounded like a Yamato hater, and whether he is or isn't, that's how he comes off. He complained about the good things too, which clued me into the fact that he has no idea what he's doing. You also gotta see how it looks when he's done transforming it. You'd think he's never posed a toy before.

In case I ever do a video toy review, I'll have to remember not to go jogging immediately before. :blink: Seriously - is he out of breath from outrage, "constantly handling something so slippery and oily," or just the strenuous efforts of moving his arms around?

That was just a garbage review. I hope he's not someone trying to get into the toy review business, as he, excuse me, sounds like a little b!tch when complaining. He's too lazy to clean the toy, but wants to complain about it? Honestly, his review just sounded like a Yamato hater, and whether he is or isn't, that's how he comes off. He complained about the good things too, which clued me into the fact that he has no idea what he's doing. You also gotta see how it looks when he's done transforming it. You'd think he's never posed a toy before.

:lol: I like this you posted:

"That was probably the shittiest review, and you don't even know how to pose it correctly. Also, are you too lazy to clean the release agent? To add, why do you sound so whiny in your review?"

jasonc212

I liked how he rambled for about 20 minutes about how he didn't like the toy while transforming it, then repeatedly sped up video so that his voice would sound extra high pitched and whiny. ^_^

:lol: I like this you posted:

"That was probably the shittiest review, and you don't even know how to pose it correctly. Also, are you too lazy to clean the release agent? To add, why do you sound so whiny in your review?"

jasonc212

Yeah, that's me. I was getting dressed and doing some stuff while listening to it, and all I kept hearing was "Wahhh, wahhhh, heavy, wahhh wahhh, oily I can't touch it, wahhh, wahhh". I'm sorry if this is someone on these boards, but if you are, leave reviews to people who can actually do a good job of it. It didn't have to be a shining review, but the constant whining was just like nails on a chalkboard.

That guy should stick to Lego's. Seriously. Why did he feel the need to keep comparing it to the 1/100 toy? Two completely different toys by two different toy companies at two completely different price points.

Edited by Golden Arms

I got my booster yesterday and after some time with it I have a few points.

Good

1)Very large and impressive. Looks great on Battroid.

2)Good amount of detail and sufficient tampo.

3) Attachment to battroid mechanism well hidden.

4) Another Basara figure is a nice bonus

Bad

1) The Display stand adapter clips on too tight and is damn near impossible to take off without scratching plastic. Seriously, unless you intend to display it on the stand, don't clip it on just to see. The fighter mode adapter doesn't have this issue as you can use the tabs that attach to the fighter as leverage to unclip the mechanism.

2)I am not in love with the stress that the fighter attachment puts on the tailfins. I already had one fin pop out of its socket. Easy fix but it scared the bejesus out of me.

3) Where is my cockpit display decal Yamato? Thank god I have more no-step decals :rolleyes:

Finall got my booster in as predicted because of the holiday, but get this Customs in New York had it since Saturday and did no send info on it being state side until Monday of this week. So after work

I went to the Post Office to pick it up, and and went home, and since I only had fifteen minutes to change. I only had time to take it out of the box and take a few shots of it before heading back out. The rest will be on my thread.

VF-19KaiSoundBooster1.jpg

VF-19KaiSoundBooster2.jpg

VF-19KaiSoundBooster3.jpg

VF-19KaiSoundBooster4.jpg

VF-19KaiSoundBooster5.jpg

VF-19KaiSoundBooster6.jpg

Damn, just put on the sound booster onto the VF-19kai just now... before the kai seemed small and insignificant next to Milia's Queadluun-Rau and standard next to the other Valkyries I have on my book shelf... but now it just totally dominates everything... with style and flare XD

I just wanna do a mini survey here. Has anyone who had loosened their Fire Valkyrie ankles had problems with posing in Battroid?

By posing, I mean just regular, not-so outrageous poses.

And how do you actually repair it? I tried unscrewing and screwing back the two screws on the ankles and that's as far as I got.

It did, however, tighten the forward/upward motion of the foot which keeps on making Gerwalk do a nose dive.

Edited by kamadoma