Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

I found it at yamato's blog, here is the entry : http://www.yamato-to...x.php?logid=342

When I saw this, I mixed everything up with your sig, and thought that Yamato was finally starting development of the VF-4.

Dreams Crushed :(

EDIT: I hate to do this, but don't you guys think they look a little....fat sitting there on the table? Maybe its just the angle

Edited by Archer

I was under the impression they were manufactured in China. Graham could sort that detail out for us likely.

Those appear to be final production copies don't they? They could be finalizing how to put the together or something since there's several parts lists laying around but look at plastic trays it appears they were stored in. You can see the Gun Pod in one of the plastic trays too.

I sure hope that's the final plastic color. It will likely make the Battroid mode very boring looking but that Fighter looks nice in that deep black.

[...]

EDIT: I hate to do this, but don't you guys think they look a little....fat sitting there on the table? [...]

No.

Was that photo from Japan? Where does Yamato have their Valks manufactured anyway, Japan or China?

All your Yamato toys say "Made in China" somewhere:

post-12283-0-04280500-1321390518_thumb.jpg

The guy who wrote this Yamato’s blog entry says they are in China at the moment and are staying there for a week in order to check everything is alright.

Still, personally I think the design of the actual F117 jet looks prettier, especially because it tapers thin towards the rear

whereas this VF basically becomes thicker towards the rear.

Regardless that the F117 was designed with the specific stealth purpose, it looks like a piranha from the side... :unsure: Really don't like it, especially how it's flat underneath. There's nothing sexy about it as it's like a skinny supermodel with no t*** and a**.

Regardless that the F117 was designed with the specific stealth purpose, it looks like a piranha from the side... :unsure: Really don't like it, especially how it's flat underneath. There's nothing sexy about it as it's like a skinny supermodel with no t*** and a**.

Well, I just happen to really like the uncompromising angular & flat shape of that reallife stealth. The VF17 is cool on its own merits as a VF and as reference to the F117, but some of the VF17 design elements go against that stealth.

I dunno, I just think that a plane with a tapered thin rear looks more elegant.

f-117-formation_2.jpg

Edited by knoted

Would love to see the gimmicks and leg storage of the gunpod.

I am buying a bandai vf-25 and plan on getting an ozuma vf-25 later.

I hope yamato take their time not to make too many QC on first release heh.

I think now is a time when people will spend money during christmas so this could be a gift I ask others to buy me.lol

Graham probably is playing with one of these now I bet. It's strange how little info comes out of this.

I am a big fan of stealth looking valks and this contrasts nicely with the shiny colourful stuff in mac 7. I don't think I will buy the mcdonalds valk or any other non-military standard valkyries. So I am not too worried about the price. I think after this yamato should consider the bad guys mechs too. Gamlin is a cool character he is just outshined by basara. In the same way max outshined hikaru in SDFM. That doesn't mean he isn't a main character.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I personnaly think the fighter mode look so beautifull, and will look fantastic next to a yf-21 or vf-22 gamlin in that mode. As for batroid mode, i have not seen a nice pose picture yet that makes me feel it is nice. Perhaps it is this scult head, or perhaps if they tilted the head down (dont know if that is possible, and if it is, that is a poor picture they have posted). I think for this toy, they are not giving the right amount of attention (or love) to showing proper pictures / poses as they had done with the Kai, and thus it is hard to detemine it's beauty and posability. Will have to wait people's pics.

You're right, they definitely do need to show this thing off in various more dynamic poses to give people a better idea how it looks. From the Kai photos we can infer how great the VF-19 is going to look but there's no memory of this 17 to go off of in the same way (which is still a giant marketing error if you ask me.)

Well the VF-17 was never an uber dynamic design. It was rather "flat" and bulky.

Anyways, with it coming out in Dec25, i'm not going to be able to get it in person when i get into HongKong next week,.

Unlike the VF-19S, that's out in November right? when exactly?

The official release date is Nov 30.

I bet Graham feels like Bruce Willis at the end of The Hudson Hawk. Just don't toss the Valk when you are done transforming it xD

Wow, I wish i could get this release. Gamlin is finally getting some attention from Yamato, yeeee!