Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

Oh....ok then :unsure:

I guess the *love* triangle just didn't seem as obvious or stressed to me as it was in Frontier or the original SDFM series....

I iz sorry :(

The love triange is a joke. As if Mylene ever had a chance with Basara. Basara seems to be the only one that realizes Mylene is 14!

Oh....ok then :unsure:

I guess the *love* triangle just didn't seem as obvious or stressed to me as it was in Frontier or the original SDFM series....

I iz sorry :(

Didn't seem obvious? Gamlin even proposed to Mylene!!! :blink:

Anyway, IMO Gamlin IS the hero, while Basara… Ok, there’s a dedicated thread to discuss what Basara is… ^_^

IMO, Basara is not so much a character as he is a plot device. So yeah, Gamlin is the show's hero.

As for question as to why pre-orders aren't as brisk for the VF-17, I guess it's a price point thing... I like the VF-17's design a lot (D more than "mongo forehead" S), but not enough to drop that much moola on one single item.

The Nightmare isn't such a hot seller because it's missing the Frontier logo on the box. :p

But seriously, it's probably because it's challenging for anyone new to Macross, to watch Macross 7 these days...

Got a friend that I introduced to Macross a while back. Loved Zero :wub: Loved Frontier :blink: , but couldn't watch more than a couple of episodes of the original <_< , and Macross 7 didn't go beyond a few minutes. :p

And I feel the same about Macross 7 as I only first attempted to watch it a few years back, and still can't finish it. Yet, the original is precious as I grew up with it. :)

And that probably answers if a Fronteir Vf-171 by Bandai will do better in sales...

Edited by Omegablue

What, do you think you're a Jedi or something? Besides, mind tricks don't work on me, only money... :p

Hehehe, I'm no jedi. The unmeasurable amount of awesomeness of the yamato VF-17 alone, provokes an instant desire to pre order it but just looking at the pics.

The lack of interest in clicking the preorder button means there's something wrong happening with your eyes!!

:lol: :lol:

Hehehe, I'm no jedi. The unmeasurable amount of awesomeness of the yamato VF-17 alone, provokes an instant desire to pre order it but just looking at the pics.

The lack of interest in clicking the preorder button means there's something wrong happening with your eyes!!

:lol: :lol:

Looks like Graham has put the Jedi mind trick on you. :p

Although I will admit, I do prefer the longer nose cone version in Frontier.

Edited by Omegablue

Although I will admit, I do prefer the longer nose cone version in Frontier.

Other then sharing the same transformation the 17 and 171 are pretty much different machines. I like how blunt and thick the 17 is. It's very contrasting because it's a stealth and you would expect it to be very small and lithe but instead it's an ugly bruiser.

Gamlin is the only character who really grows. Mylene seems to mature a bit but Basara is completely the same at the end as he is at the beginning.

Gamlin is the only character who really grows. Mylene seems to mature a bit but Basara is completely the same at the end as he is at the beginning.

Agree, also thought Gamlin's the hero. To me Basara was just the ever present iPod without a bloody off button. With the volume stuck on max.

Edited by raptormesh

I'm fine with the gun splitting apart to fit in each leg. Better than having a whole rifle to stow away like the VF-22S.

Seeing how thin they made the legs in favor of a sleek Fighter mode, I'm impressed that they even managed to have a hatch for the gun.

I keep saying it: Yamato really need to work on how they promote their products.

The kai did it well: we got tons of pics of the grey resin proto showing gimmicks bit by bit. Even if the VF-17 has less gimmicks, they still need to show-off the sculp. Heck, the kai standing on one leg won a lot of people over and that pic came way before any colored shots.

Lets face it, the color scheme on some of the M7 valks isn’t for everybody. But the kai showed the beauty of the design well. The 17’s promotion feels rushed; “here are cad pics, here is a quick look in grey resin, here is a painted resin proto in a boring scheme that swallows everything the toys does and all its detail, yeah, it is supposed to have a gun gimmick we aren’t showing yet and, BTW, it’s 300 bucks due next month”

Oh, and BTW, Frankenstein head is awesome. It’s like they SW reanimated all the valks Hikaru got destroyed into an undead form.

This looks very nice. Way better than the old Bandai's, as it conveys a sense of mobility & articulation.

Still, personally I think the design of the actual F117 jet looks prettier, especially because it tapers thin towards the rear

whereas this VF basically becomes thicker towards the rear.

Lets face it, the color scheme on some of the M7 valks isn’t for everybody. But the kai showed the beauty of the design well. The 17’s promotion feels rushed; “here are cad pics, here is a quick look in grey resin, here is a painted resin proto in a boring scheme that swallows everything the toys does and all its detail, yeah, it is supposed to have a gun gimmick we aren’t showing yet and, BTW, it’s 300 bucks due next month”

So True! Yamato needs to "copy" Bandai's promotion efforts in order to get and keep people excited!

Still, personally I think the design of the actual F117 jet looks prettier, especially because it tapers thin towards the rear

whereas this VF basically becomes thicker towards the rear.

That's because the F-117 has non-afterburning engines exhausting through an array of small stealthy slits at the rear. Conversely the VF-17 has engines with afterburners and huge nozzles that turn into huge feet. :)