Star Wars on Blu-ray in 2011

Guest sh002

[gesture=waves hand] You will buy and enjoy the Star Wars Blu-ray set. [/gesture]

:lol:

I will buy and enjoy the Star Wars Blu-ray set.......

Edited by peter

Am I the only one that think Lucas is the man, and he keeps making the best movie series even better?

No, you're not the only one. I'm sure that Lucas thinks that he is the man too......

[gesture=waves hand] You will buy and enjoy the Star Wars Blu-ray set. [/gesture]

:lol:

These are definitely NOT the Blu-Ray discs that I am looking for. Move along.......

the irony ;)

AAAHAHAHAHA!!!

I would like to argue that the new Conan is really ruining the franchise, and the slight edits made to the SW series are generally improvements and a few are awkward. I am sure none of you agree.

AAAHAHAHAHA!!!

I would like to argue that the new Conan is really ruining the franchise, and the slight edits made to the SW series are generally improvements and a few are awkward. I am sure none of you agree.

I'll be one to agree with you. The rage over the Star Wars edits is much ado about nothing IMHO, while their attempt to re-launch the Conan franchise wasn't just pathetic, it was an insult to fans of the original. Although I'd also argue that, with so many years since the previous Conan, there wasn't much of a franchise to ruin... just an attempt to use an established brand to sell a crappy movie to teen and near-teen boys, or if you'd prefer, a giant "screw you" to Howard's legacy.

However, that is a story for another thread.

Of course Luke was the worst Jedi. NOBODY EVER REALLY TRAINED HIM! Ben tried to give him a crash course in sword technique, then promptly died before anything was achieved. Yoda saw the futulity trying to teach him how to fight in such a short time, and focused on his force powers, then Luke took off. With a rudimentary knowledge of force powers, and an undertanding that you have to swing a sword, Luke set out to fight the empire. But really, who did he have to fight? Two old cripples, one a burned up cyborg, neither who were in real fighting condition. Palps knew this and just decided to toast him. Vader knew this and just decided to throw sh!t at him as a destraction.

In a perfect world, Lucas would have gotten somoene to train the actors in all the movies in how to fake Japanese sword styles, but he either didn't have the time, budget, or foresight to make that happen. The Jedi should have fought like samurai, but that's spilt milk.

In a perfect world, Lucas would have gotten somoene to train the actors in all the movies in how to fake Japanese sword styles, but he either didn't have the time, budget, or foresight to make that happen. The Jedi should have fought like samurai, but that's spilt milk.

I suggest you rewatch the final swordfight between Darth Mall and Obi-wan.

It's truly the only swordfight in the series that's at the level the Jedi are described as being at.

I suggest you rewatch the final swordfight between Darth Mall and Obi-wan.

It's truly the only swordfight in the series that's at the level the Jedi are described as being at.

It is the best of the series, but Revenge of the Sith's fight between Annakin and Obi Wan shows the same level of skill. (we shall completely ignore the goofs that went with Mace Windo to arrest the emperor...)

Boba Fett isn't dead.

looks pretty dead to me. (I mean, maybe you know something about being eaten by giant spiky sand vaginas that I don't, but a belch like that usually means dead.)

:edit:

In fact they even added an extra chompy mouth to make extra sure he was dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_yw1ntL8E0&hd=1

Edited by anime52k8

If you guys are going to sit here and call GL a moron who doesn't know what he's doing, I can reference the books that are part of the canon EU.

Sorry.

there is no canon EU when it comes to SW. GL has repeatedly said that he considers the EU to be parallel to the movies and that he'll take from them and ignore them at his whim.

If you guys are going to sit here and call GL a moron who doesn't know what he's doing, I can reference the books that are part of the canon EU.

Sorry.

but clearly George Lucas knows exactly what he's doing. He's making cinema better for the good of all man kind.

btw I think George should re edit that scene so that when the spiky sand vagina belches fett's severed arm pops back out and flops on the ground for a second like something out of dead space.

Edited by anime52k8