Star Wars on Blu-ray in 2011

Guest sh002

I had to cancel. Will wait for real confirmation if a couple more things are fixed.

ANH:

Luke's saber on the falcon while he's practicing.

The added scene with han and jabba.... jabba looked horrible

Green square around tie fighters

Eps 4-6:

All Cg shots of the falcon look like it's a pancake.

Rots:

Cody has a wobbly head around the time where he gives obi his lightsaber back.

That's all I could really think of that was noticeably jarring for me.

Temptation will probably get the best of me though.

I had to cancel. Will wait for real confirmation if a couple more things are fixed.

ANH:

Luke's saber on the falcon while he's practicing.

The added scene with han and jabba.... jabba looked horrible

Green square around tie fighters

Eps 4-6:

All Cg shots of the falcon look like it's a pancake.

Rots:

Cody has a wobbly head around the time where he gives obi his lightsaber back.

That's all I could really think of that was noticeably jarring for me.

Temptation will probably get the best of me though.

no excuses for this, canceled as well.

edit: ha, wow. I completely misread your post. But I still cancelled my pre-order. I'll wait for confirmation on those items that you listed before I buy it.

Edited by eugimon

Considering the presale price is down to $79.99 everywhere, I just don't see how it's worth cancelling. The matte lines around the tie fighters are comfirmed fixes, so far everyone who's gotten the U K set early are raving about the quality, and really, it's freakin' SW on bluray.

Considering the presale price is down to $79.99 everywhere, I just don't see how it's worth cancelling. The matte lines around the tie fighters are comfirmed fixes, so far everyone who's gotten the U K set early are raving about the quality, and really, it's freakin' SW on bluray.

Meh, once you have this on Blu-Ray, you don't need Star Wars.......

The thing about the hospital scene at the end, was that Vader's rage essentially makes him lose all control and he destroys the entire facility. George just seems to kind half ass Vader becoming Vader.

Well, I always thought that would have included killing Palpatine ALSO, but whatever.

(Must...bridge....new trilogy...to original...trilogy...)

How? While he had the potential to take out Darth Sidious if he had lived long enough to really attain mastery, he didn't. The gimped more-machine-than-man quadruple amputee in a walking iron lung would never be able to realize that potential.

My point has nothing to do with what happened after episode 3. At the moment Hayden Christensen finds out the love of his life, the reason why he did all that he did was DEAD by his hand, I'm sure he never felt more emotion and thus power in his entire life. I find it hard to believe that Ian McDiarmid wasn't killed just by being in the same room with Hayden. Naturally, this is just idle talk because the story's already written, but I'm just saying...

My point has nothing to do with what happened after episode 3. At the moment Hayden Christensen finds out the love of his life, the reason why he did all that he did was DEAD by his hand, I'm sure he never felt more emotion and thus power in his entire life. I find it hard to believe that Ian McDiarmid wasn't killed just by being in the same room with Hayden. Naturally, this is just idle talk because the story's already written, but I'm just saying...

Palpatine was at his peak strength then, do you really think he would have had trouble force-blocking a little force-rage?

the bluray.com review is up. Looks like all is well with the set, with Phantom Menace being visually the weakest.

It's very tempting and those screen shots look amazing. I've been looking around on the net to see if some of the other probs I listed earlier were fixed, but nothing yet...

Not really stoked about some of the creative liberties being taken with the release, but I'll buy the collected edition because I'd love to have Star Wars in high-def.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to watch the films in chronological order of release or story. After the initial viewing I really only see myself watching The Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith with any frequency.

-b.

Not really stoked about some of the creative liberties being taken with the release, but I'll buy the collected edition because I'd love to have Star Wars in high-def.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to watch the films in chronological order of release or story. After the initial viewing I really only see myself watching The Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith with any frequency.

-b.

I'm going with story order. Can't wait until friday!

Well, I always thought that would have included killing Palpatine ALSO, but whatever.

(Must...bridge....new trilogy...to original...trilogy...)

Did Vader have enough midiclorians in his body left to use the force that effectively? He lost a good chunk of his natural body...unless the machine parts regenerate midiclorians, haha!

Lol, midichlorians; thanks for reminding me of that. In any case, I've been reading up on the pre-release gripes that everyone has about this set including the points brought up here. Suffice to say I'm not going to make it a priority to buy this thing...

Did Vader have enough midiclorians in his body left to use the force that effectively? He lost a good chunk of his natural body...unless the machine parts regenerate midiclorians, haha!

Grain of salt, not canon, whine/moan/groan but...

...in the book Dark Lord: The Ride of Darth Vader it talks about how Palpatine treated him like trash because of how he screwed up and lost so much of his real body and so much of his power. There's a bunch of other stuff in there that paints a pretty good picture about how Vader possibly didn't use skill, power and prowess to defeat the Jedi he hunted but just overwhelmed them with Imperial forces until he could walk in and mop up.

It's a short book, but not a bad read.

Midis are supposed to in cells and he would still have plenty of those and second, only correlation was established not causation (just as probably being strong in the Force causes the midis to be there as vice versa).

Been almost a year since I watched any of these, since before the announcement so I'll be going in relatively fresh and watching I, II, III, IV, V, VI probably one or two a day.

I don't remember where I read it (except that it was in an expanded universe novel), but the answer is effectively: Yes he could use the force just fine, but no he was not as powerful as (pre-Mustafar) Anakin was.

In fact, I think I even remember something being said about Anakin losing some raw power when Dooku cut off his arm in Episode II.

On the one hand, I don't particularly like the idea of midichlorians. On the other, I do like the idea that having portions of one's body replaced by machines severs (part of) your connection to the Force.

I actually don't think that should affect his ability to use the force. I took the midiclorian thing to be count "per" cell, not necessarily count per your whole body. For that matter, you'd think a Jedi/Sith who was strong enough could use the force as their limbs.