Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

If they don't get the "lips" sculpted right I am not buying it :lol:

I suppose one good thing about them making more Mac 7 stuff is we might actually get a GBP for the VF-11, or maybe a yamato VF-17D. If they make the VF-11 MAXL before either of those though I will be most upset. I mean they would have to make the VF-17D before they could put out a VF-17T right??? Right???? Well I guess you guys need to buy lots of the Sound Force so the line becomes super successful and they put out more molds.

Edited by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX

Don't like how the gullet sits, creating that unsightly gap under the nosecone.

Hope that it's just prototype thing or wrong transformation or something.

Yeah, I noticed that too. They are not present in the Bandai HI-Metal (and, despite the scale difference, Yamato has to beat it before calling this a successful 19 iteration). I see pilot hatch opened, too. I hope this comes with a cockpit-Basara and a standing Basara with guitar

I'm so going to give the 19 a Guitar..,.. who needs a gunpod when your a rockSTAH!

Now that's a cool idea. Now to find a 1/60 guitar..........^_^

Defiantly looking interesting. Wait to see it painted and we get a release date I think.

Yeah, I noticed that too. They are not present in the Bandai HI-Metal (and, despite the scale difference, Yamato has to beat it before calling this a successful 19 iteration). I see pilot hatch opened, too. I hope this comes with a cockpit-Basara and a standing Basara with guitar

the hi-metal doesn't have landing gears either. The yammie version doesn't have the benefit of just being able to take inconvenient bits and pieces off, they all have to go somewhere.

If it's optimized for battroid then I'm hoping there's a way to get that chest down better... maybe they just aren't doing it because it's a resin prototype. It's good to see Yamato bringing everything back out to a show as I'm looking forward to all of these releases... even the Zent uniform :)

If it's optimized for battroid then I'm hoping there's a way to get that chest down better... maybe they just aren't doing it because it's a resin prototype. It's good to see Yamato bringing everything back out to a show as I'm looking forward to all of these releases... even the Zent uniform :)

I'm thinking those side panels are meant to fold up to hide some of that side gap a little more

I wouldn't hold your breath if you're talking about the gap above the nosecone. It looks like it's there even on the cad art, or concept rendering, or whatever this is:

ap20100716113139967.jpg

Even the gaps below the torso sort of look present in the concept art. But it's hard to see for sure.

Looks great! Can't wait to see it in color! Can the current YF-19 kneel like that?

Yes it can, although IIRC, the YF-19's range of motion around the knees is around 5 to 10 degrees lesser than the Fire Kai resin model.

As for the Fire Kai's headsculpt, I've never liked the design of the face. But aside from that, the the mold is really looking great.

I wouldn't hold your breath if you're talking about the gap above the nosecone. It looks like it's there even on the cad art, or concept rendering, or whatever this is:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/949/ap20100716113139967.jpg[/img

Even the gaps below the torso sort of look present in the concept art. But it's hard to see for sure.

I do think that it's part of the design to have the gap there. It's been seen from many earlier renderings and prototype pictures. It always comes down to justify anime magic and a real mechanism in toy form.

I’m very surprised to see in the last available pictures that Yamato has used filler panels to smooth out the look of the back of the legs. While not absolutely necessary they really help the toy to be more anime accurate.

I don´t really like how the inner mechanism of the knees look like when bent, I think it should be more round and smooth –maybe like the 1/60 YF-19?

I guess we should be prepared for some parts-swapping (intake covers as usual, filler panels for the back of the legs and a small panel near the head in fighter mode) and a transformation process that won’t be very intuitive at the beginning with seemingly every part of the toy doing something –and sometimes something completely new!

Nevertheless, I really like this prototype. I think the Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire will rock!

So far I prefer the sculpt of the Hi-Metal, especially the whole chest/torso area. The chest on this one looks too gappy and open at the moment. Hopefully that will change.

Any gappiness I can forgive since this is the first 19 toy, ever, that has the compact nature of the torso done correctly. Both the hi-metal and the yammie yf- 19 look like they spent time on the rack compared to the line art.

From what I remember of handling the resin sculpt, when I got to borrow it and take it home for one night, I think there is a chest locking feature.

The resin sculpt was really loose (as resin sculpts always are),so I'm not 100% sure though.

The opening cockpit hatch and rotating pilot seat are really well implemented. That means in battroid mode, you can even look down into the cockpit and see Basara sitting the the right way round.

Graham