Your Favorite (Best) Fight Scenes

Ghost Train

Again, a subjective thread. No one has seen every kung-fu flick ever, but here are my favorites :)

(Honorable Mention)

Jet Li vs the Dojo from Fists of Legend:

(3)

The Bride vs. Crazy 88 from Kill Bill:

(2)

Spike vs. Viscious Round 2 from Cowboy Bebop:

... I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people have seen this

(1)

Peter, Samir, and Michael Bolton vs. The Fax Machine from Office Space

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfCYzJAgwrw...feature=related

Mike Judge is a genius, loved this and Idiocracy too. It is MAN VS MACHINE, MAN VS SOCIETY, ... and when Michael Bolton looses it, it's MAN VS er... I don't know where I'm going with this. Good night.

Edited by Ghost Train

I have alot of favorites, but one I could think of now is:

Wong Fei Hung vs Boxer Rebellion head honcho in the Last of Hero of China :)

Part 1

Part 2

andof course there's the fight scenes from the Cowboy Bebop movie:

Spike vs Electra

Spike vs Vincent

Spike vs Vincent: Rematch

Goddammit, do people really have inject unnecessary music into movie scenes?

Also, I actually downloaded a 4 hour compilation of fight scenes that this one 4channer uploaded, awesome stuff. If only I could upload all of that :(

Why would you be embarrassed about that fight scene? Best thing about the entire movie and one of the best duels in all of SW

Indeed. It's probably the most memorable fight scene from Star Wars.

Edited by shiroikaze

(2)

Spike vs. Viscious Round 2 from Cowboy Bebop:

... I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people have seen this

* Actually, I liked the final fight between Spike and Vincent in the Bebop movie more. Just a flat-out, knock-down, drag-out, bloody fight with some tight background music.

* Also, gotta mention this one for it's collection of fights (even though it's a bit cheesy):

You break my record. . . Now I break YOU!!

I don't think I have a favorite fight...but here are some that come to mind:

Anikan Skywalker vs. Padme (love vs. choke hold) -

I love how Padme tries to fight his burnig hatred with her love. When she starts crying and says he's going down a path she can't follow and asks him to stop, come back and tells him she loves him, I always get teary eyed.

Kyle Reece vs. Terminator Final Factory Fight (first movie obviously)-

You kind of get the impression I'm into tragic fights with a romantic angle, don't ya? Well - I love this fight precisely because it is so tragic; all the more so that by that point in the film we know that Kyle is fighting because he loves Sarah, not just because it's his duty as a soldier or to follow orders.

Asuka vs. EVA production type -

Mainly because of the ending - by which I mean Shinji's reaction. Although the fight itself is also excellent and a very emotional moment in the anime.

ALL of Ideon: Be Invoked

The whole damn movie is a fight. Nothing but non-stop wholesale slaughter for two hours straight - and it's all incredibly sad and moving, particularly given the ending.

Braveheart - the first battle where the Irish win -

I love that battle because it has all the right elements to an uplifting and noble event - I also like the last battle - the one we don't see.

mm...

Lots of good fights in movies and stuff - too much to list...

Pete

Bruce Leroy's climactic victory over Sho'Nuff in The Last Dragon still ranks as one of my most enjoyable fight scenes in the history of film.

Arnold's escape scene where he saves his wife in True Lies is also an awesome one.

Since i am really into capoeira i am going with this one as one of my top fight scenes. Tony Jaa versus Lateef Crowder in The Protector.

Oh... I have seen this fight before, really neat. Capoeira is always fun to watch. It seems to be quite painful and difficult (for the practitioner) though, you're constantly low so it probably hurts the back a lot, and when 99% of movements are kicks it probably requires tons of endurance... perhaps that's why every Capoeira person I've seen looks so incredibly fit.

I think I've been playing too many games... I didn't recognize the actor, but the voice sounded familiar. It turns out Keith David is also "Captain Anderson" (ME) and "Sergeant Foley" (MW2), I wasted a whole 40 seconds looking it up on imdb :blink:

The Chateau Fight Matrix Reloaded

Matrix Reloaded

Bar Fight, Daredevil (no link, sadly).

Duel of the Fates Episode I, one of the many, many visual Crowning Moments of Awesome in that series.

Battle of Amon Hen, LOTR. Aragorn vs Lurtz, LOTR. Battle of Helms Deep, LOTR... notice a pattern here? ^_^

And a recent one, inspired by the Guilty Pleasures thread:

Bloodsport

LOL

But seriously Most of the Fight scenes from Kung Fu hustle

YES!

Mine is pretty mainstream...

John McClane kicks Karls ass at the end of Die Hard and leaves him hanging on a chain... not really martial arts choreography but just the sheer hate that each had for the other. And it was Pre-Matrix before everyone even the Three Musketeers knew martial arts and pre-Bourne where shaky cam makes it more exciting.

Oh... I have seen this fight before, really neat. Capoeira is always fun to watch. It seems to be quite painful and difficult (for the practitioner) though, you're constantly low so it probably hurts the back a lot, and when 99% of movements are kicks it probably requires tons of endurance... perhaps that's why every Capoeira person I've seen looks so incredibly fit.

Not really, it is more about the movement and the momentum of the body. If you twist it just right your leg, arm, what have you will follow with ease. The reason most of us are pretty fit is because you are constantly moving so its a lot of cardio but actually doing moves and dodges and everything is quite easy. I am 6'3" and was 275 when i started and if my big ass can do it anyone can.

Also there are different styles so a lot of the low movements aren't always done, depends on the style your doing which dictates whether you are low a lot or not.

Also another good fight, the Tifa church fight in Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.

Edited by kanedaestes