Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

Despite the fact that I bet I want one more than anyone else on this board, I think the odds of a VF-11MAXL from Yamato are low. Now a 1/100 from Bandai? Decent chance.

true, it doesn't offer much in terms of milkability but it is the valk to a popular character

Now, back to the VF-11...

Given the rate of production for the Bandai Hi-Metals, isn't it still highly we'll get such a unique figure (MAXL) through that line? Maybe in like 3 years but by then the line will almost assuredly be dead, right?

Edited by hutch

I think Bandai/BigWest are kind of on a "M7 resurgence" kick, and the old VF100 poster (both of them?) showed/mentioned the MAXL. They wouldn't have done that if there was NO intention of making it--though it may be low on the priority list.

Why would Yamato be locked out of shows again? Confused due to the apple and lobster comparison..lol... 1/48 price > 1/60 price with broken shoulders gotta love my input lol

well, the mf line looks like it was a home run for Bandai so I don't see them stepping away from producing any future Macross shows and I really don't see Bandai handing the toy license over to Yamato.

And I think more people will buy any of the hero M7 valks over something like the vf-5000

well, the mf line looks like it was a home run for Bandai so I don't see them stepping away from producing any future Macross shows and I really don't see Bandai handing the toy license over to Yamato.

And I think more people will buy any of the hero M7 valks over something like the vf-5000

Well here's to hoping it doesn't stay that way for too long.

And when the license does change hands we can only hope it will be for the better.

Also I would love to buy the VF-5000.

Edited by DARKWIND

Yamato already has some sort of license... at least DYRL and M7, so I'm not getting why they'd be locked out, either... Or are you saying after Basara's 1/60 nothing else?

Yamato already has some sort of license... at least DYRL and M7, so I'm not getting why they'd be locked out, either... Or are you saying after Basara's 1/60 nothing else?

oh, no, I mean for future Macross shows, not out of what they already have. I'm saying yamato probably isn't going to be able to make valks from any show post Frontier cuz those rights are gonna be locked up by Bandai.

Alright, just yesterday I finally transformed mine for the first time and the left leg popped off. Has this happened to anybody else? My VF-11B doesn't have that issue. Can anybody shed light if the legs are supposed to be removable like the YF-21's? It goes back on as easily as it seems to come off. I suppose I can still pose it well if I put it in Battroid. Doesn't suffer in Gerwalk.

Alright, just yesterday I finally transformed mine for the first time and the left leg popped off. Has this happened to anybody else? My VF-11B doesn't have that issue. Can anybody shed light if the legs are supposed to be removable like the YF-21's? It goes back on as easily as it seems to come off. I suppose I can still pose it well if I put it in Battroid. Doesn't suffer in Gerwalk.

actually yeah, this happened to nightmareB4macross too! He had just opened it and started transforming it and one by one the legs kept falling off. He even said that the 11B didn't have that problem.

actually yeah, this happened to nightmareB4macross too! He had just opened it and started transforming it and one by one the legs kept falling off. He even said that the 11B didn't have that problem.

Not only that, but Kirik brought over his VF-11B to compare the leg attachements of the two and the VF-11B was damn solid.

The VF-11C legs can easily be secured using blue painter's tape. Just wrap a it once around the leading outer edges of the swingbar pegs, and it won't be notible once the hips (intakes) are back in place. It will be just as secure as the VF-11B.

Damn you, Yamato. <_<

So far, I've been Yamato-ed twice.

true, that's a good point. I wouldn't mind a yamato vf-171 in the slightest!

Seconded.

Comparing gears between Yamatos and Bandai, I know the gears are far easier to extend on my VF-27 than on pretty much any of my Yamato valks. The gears aren't painted on my VF-27, so the tradeoff is less accuracy, but far easier to get the f'n things out of their wells.

Passed on the VF-11C, but kinda sucks that the legs pop off. Never was an issue with my VF-11B, which, IMHO, is a damned near perfect toy.

why do I have the feeling that I've seen this all before? :p

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=833597

OMG! That's horrible! Can this f*ckin company not get ANYTHING right?? That's really NOT something I needed to watch since mine is arriving today or tomorrow! CRAP....now I'm gonna have nightmares! :wacko:

54g2na.jpg

ALL VF-11'S HAVE DYSFUNCTIONAL HIPS!!! THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Edited by anime52k8

I got my 11C a while ago but didn't transform it. After reading the leg problems I gave it a go and the leg pulled off. Not fell off, but pulled off pretty easily. <_<

That didn't happen with the 11B. So how does a companies QC go backwards?

Never underestimate Yamato. ^_^

So is something actually broken or does the leg just pull off and slide back on?

it pulls off and slides back in, sorta like the legs on the 1/48's. Not broken per say, but i wonder why they didn't make these as solid as the 11B. the 11B is still one of most solid yamato toys i own

So is something actually broken or does the leg just pull off and slide back on?

The leg slides back on. But, during transformation the legs fall off without even touching them.

It just needs more friction on the contact points.

Like I said before, BLUE PAINTERS' TAPE will remedy this.

So far so good on mine legs stay on firm and stable

Alright, just yesterday I finally transformed mine for the first time and the left leg popped off. Has this happened to anybody else?

Check it out.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=833491

And when I got it back from Yamato, the floppiness on the joint was fixed, but the leg itself still pops off easily. Not as easily, but more than it should.

Anyone who owns a VF-11C ....I don,t know if this has been asked before-

*is there fixed posed hands?

*what are the shoulders like?

Thanx. ^_^

I,m lovin, this, murdering my wallet this wk for a VF-11C ,hope a max follows!!!