Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

Just got my VF-11c today :D

So happy, they only had the one in stock!

Phone camera sorry.

F1000006.jpg

F1000005.jpg

Only transformed it twice, the hips are tight but are not a problem after using them a bit.

Same for the elbows.

My only other vf-11 I ever had was the old vf-11b 1/72, my first ever valkyrie :)

Just got my VF-11c today :D

So happy, they only had the one in stock!

Phone camera sorry.

F1000006.jpg

F1000005.jpg

Only transformed it twice, the hips are tight but are not a problem after using them a bit.

Same for the elbows.

My only other vf-11 I ever had was the old vf-11b 1/72, my first ever valkyrie :)

looks so bare. but a solid robot regardless :)

vf5ss, thank you sooo much for being the first and only with a video review of the vf-11 (there still isnt one for the vf-11 from macross plus go figure), would have liked to see in your video the fps in batroid mode, but still, you did a fantastic job with your review, might buy buy this next time wife permits (i am guessing by end of year, hopefully more versions out by then, so price of this falls)!!!!

Yamato, what's the deal?? They're not answering my phone calls to the customer service department. Rather, I get a ringing tone, then a beep, then nothing. I'm still being charged for the call, of course. It's like an answering machine with no outgoing message. I can sense them, they're in their office going "dammit, not this guy again!!"

I don't know what the hell is going on in that office, but this is the second time I've not been able to speak to anyone. Check out the SV-51 thread for my "hilarious" conversation with the janitor, or whoever it was, when he picked up the phone and explained that no-one was in. On a Monday.

And no, I'm not calling outside office hours, it says 10am-12:30, 1:30pm-5pm on the box and it's 10:20 now.

Reeeeeeaally testing my patience, Yamato. <_<

Renato, you might want to have Graham talk to them.

"Gentleman, Renato has been classified VWB: Valkyrie Whipping Boy. In the event of product release, all friendly corporations will immediately send their toys at Renato to calibrate their customer service systems." :p

That's a good review. I noticed the gun pod veers left when attached in Fighter mode, mine does that as well. Does anybody else have the problem? One thing I did notice about the articulation, because it doesn't have that extra play in the elbow like the VF-1's the arm pose-ability in Gerwalk isn't quite as good as I'd like. Even still, I haven't transformed mine into Battroid yet as I love the way it looks in Gerwalk.

Nice review. :) Although considering how much a VF-11 is going to cost over a VF-1 v.2 I certainly hope that it's that much better. :lol: I have to say the I kind of like the "eye blinding" white color. Just begs to have a little home brew weathering tinkering.

Also did you notice if there where any improvements over the B to the C? Looks like they are pretty much the same other than color and different booster packs and gun pod like you had mentioned.

I got my 11C today. I was temporaRily impressed that the cockpit didn't wobble around until I remembered about the foam inserts underneath :p

The joints are much tighter than the 11B. It took some effort to move some of the joints. I wish it had more tampo printing out of the box. It looks so plain. That's something Bandai has started to spoil me on with their DX's. Will have to apply stickers when I find the time.

Don't blame Yamato for the -11C looking plain, blame Studio Nue.

You sir are correct, cause had it been off white there would've been many a fan upset :lol:^_^

Also I gotta agree with Vic the B's grey looks more military grade and the C's looks more NASA chase plane like but still very slick and formidable.

Edited by DARKWIND

Yeah that would be tight too, giving it that navy fighter look.

Yup, a VFX-2 VF-11 paintscheme looks more like an F-14 than even Roy's VF-1.

And I think you and I would corner the market and buy a ton.

Don't blame Yamato for the -11C looking plain, blame Studio Nue.

I wasn't blaming anyone. I was just making an observation that out of the box, it looks really plain with practically no markings whatsoever. I was aware of the color scheme before I got it. After taking the time to panel line it and get some stickers on it, it looks much better now.

Look at all of the pics and... no Gerwalk. I must be only person on the planet who likes that mode.

G-mode is my fav.

I can understand it not being someone's favorite, but it's always perplexed me how many proud Gerwalk haters there are among Macross fans. Gerwalk is the most iconic mode that makes Macross unique among every other transforming robot series. And a plane with legs looks awesome!