Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

Boring. Now where's the VFX-2 scheme? I still think the M7 one looks like uncolored VF-11 lineart.

We'll see. That was actually one of the things I raised in my dinner with Yamato last night.

Personally, I find the VF-X2 VF-11 scheme boring, but I understand that some folks want it.

Graham

Agreed: this looks really really nice. Whats the difference between the C and B, in terms of actual model design?

Here's a list of the physical differences between the VF-11B and VF-11C.

1) Different, more streamlined design of gunpod, with no bayonet.

2) Different shape thrusters on the back FAST Packs . More squarish shape thusters on the VF-11C, rather than the bell-shape thrusters on the VF-11B.

3) Different style and colour flight suit and helmet for the pilot.

4) Only two micro-missile ports per back FAST Pack on the VF-11C, compared to four micro-missile ports per FAST pack on the VF-11B.

I really love the color scheme of the Macross 7 VF-11C Super, as to me it really evokes the look of a more modern DYRL Valk.

Graham

Will there be a VF-11C w/ Super Atmospheric Boosters from episode 44 (Operation Stargazer)?

Possibly, I've raised the issue with Yamato, as well as a radome for the VF-11C, a VF-11D.

All under consideration.

Buy more and they will make more.

Graham

I hope that the fact that we're getting more M7 Valkyrie means Yamato will do Basara's VF-19....

As for the VF-11C and the like...

I would prefer it if they did Jamming Birds customs - that would liven things up a bit.

But it's not like they need to do this RIGHT NOW... just stuff they could work on in the years to come.

Pete

Too bad the 11C played little importance in M7. Aside from Kinryu's Roy Focker-ish moment it was rather forgettable. The 11B on the other hand took part in one of the greatest animated sequences in Macross history.

Although. I do like the redesigned boosters on those fast packs. Very nice.

Gotta agree with Graham. The color scheme of VF-11C is way cooler than that of B. I could be wrong, but didn't the VF-11C show up with full armor once in M7?

And I wouldn't worry too much about the Fire Valkyrie. Given its importance in the series, I am sure Yamato will eventually get to it.

November is going to be an expensive month.

I get one sample (singular). Multiples I need to buy myself.

Graham

Wow. I feel your pain, man. :p

Anyway, I'm really glad to hear this news, more Macross 7 means more chance of a Fire Valkyrie, and I would like that with all the fix-ins, please.

I hear lots of good things about this mold but I still won't be able to afford it for a while. Now I'm kind of spoilt for choice. If I do get one, it'll probably be the C-type, since I already have two Bs, the old 1/72 with FPs and one without.

I agree about the white looking really plain, though. And before anyone makes the joke, let's get the "ugh, it's so plane, haha" jokes out of the way. ^_^

Too bad the 11C played little importance in M7. Aside from Kinryu's Roy Focker-ish moment it was rather forgettable. The 11B on the other hand took part in one of the greatest animated sequences in Macross history.

This 11C color theme better than 11B....

It would nice if this is included some 'Focker' skull stickers for customize... :rolleyes: i can only dream.

Episode 7 of Macross 7 'Summer Accident' is another great VF-11C episode. Gamlin commandeers a VF-11C twowards the end of this episode and proceeds to kick Varauta ass.

Graham

Ever since first watching Macross 7 back in 1994, I've wanted a VF-11C toy.

I was so upset with Bandai when they didn't follow through and produced the planed VF-11C Micro-Macross toys, that were advertised on the pack of the Micro-Macross packaging.

Graham

Glad I didn't jump on the VF-11B either. The nice white and black really evoke the DYRL schemes. I could do without the pink stripe on the head, but whatever.

Can I get a "HELL YEAH!" on a Full Armor release for this baby? :D

Hmm. I had been thinking about getting the -11B, but now that I know that this is coming I think I will hold my fire and get this instead. It will make a nice complement to my 1/72 -B and give me the chance to do a "VF-11 Evolution" lineup on the shelf.

Karl