Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

They would get me to buy three more VF-11's if they did that.

And brother you wouldn't be the only one either!!! :D

Hell I'd like to see a stealth version too (black with gunmetal trim), but it won't happen. :):rolleyes:

Maybe even the "A" prototype without the forward canards, just a thought.

But at least give us the full armor set and I'll be happy.

Not so much if I have to buy another bird to put it on but, id still buy it cause it frakin' rocks like no other.

And brother you wouldn't be the only one either!!! :D

Hell I'd like to see a stealth version too (black with gunmetal trim), but it won't happen. :):rolleyes:

Maybe even the "A" prototype without the forward canards, just a thought.

But at least give us the full armor set and I'll be happy.

Not so much if I have to buy another bird to put it on but, id still buy it cause it frakin' rocks like no other.

I don't know. I bet we'll see a few more milkings of this mold down the line.

Fingers are crossed!

Protect armor would be sweet, as long as it's under $80 I'll be getting it... this hobby is way too expensive...

Although it looks like they could make the armor already fit on the regular VF-11, who knows if it would really be done. Likely they'd have to retool a few bits as Yamato never designed the VF-11 to work with any sort of armor. I'd expect with new valk to accommodate armor + armor we're looking at more like $250. If they bother to consider it to begin with.

Although it looks like they could make the armor already fit on the regular VF-11, who knows if it would really be done. Likely they'd have to retool a few bits as Yamato never designed the VF-11 to work with any sort of armor. I'd expect with new valk to accommodate armor + armor we're looking at more like $250. If they bother to consider it to begin with.

True but I, like I'm sure a whole slew of the fans hope they just work around the current model.

As cool as it might be I just don't want the designers to over-do it by pushing another version of the VF-11 on the market.

(A new scheme? Yes!! But a new re-design? No.)

The current toy is really near perfect, IMO. . .

With a ground up re-design we may have to go thru the whole boondoggle of,

A) waiting for it to be sculpted and it might loose some its looks

B) the whole (possible) breakage/parts replacement battle again

C) that whole heavy price tag conundrum

They could just make the parts slip-on, lighter (but not flimsy), and held in place via magnets in the halves.

Just my thoughts. . .

Also it wouldn't really need to go on a display stand but if it could SWEET!!!! :D

Edited by DARKWIND

True but I, like I'm sure a whole slew of the fans hope they just work around the current model.

As cool as it might be I just don't want the designers to over-do it by pushing another version of the VF-11 on the market.

(A new scheme? Yes!! But a new re-design? No.)

The current toy is really near perfect, IMO. . .

With a ground up re-design we may have to go thru the whole boondoggle of,

A) waiting for it to be sculpted and it might loose some its looks

B) the whole (possible) breakage/parts replacement battle again

C) that whole heavy price tag conundrum

They could just make the parts slip-on, lighter (but not flimsy), and held in place via magnets in the halves.

Just my thoughts. . .

Also it wouldn't really need to go on a display stand but if it could SWEET!!!! :D

I never said it was a good idea. But Yamato did design the VF-11B (and the C) without considering the armor. I've looked at the design of the armor and the toy and think there is a way to design something that will work, it's a matter of how good it will look and if Yamato even deems it worthwhile.

I wonder if when they designed the vf-ll the M7 license wasn't an option so they didn't even bother with it in mind.

Personally, I'd rather pay extra for a re-worked vf-ll + full armor than something half assed. There's been way too much of that going around already.

I wonder if when they designed the vf-ll the M7 license wasn't an option so they didn't even bother with it in mind.

Personally, I'd rather pay extra for a re-worked vf-ll + full armor than something half assed. There's been way too much of that going around already.

I believe the reason was something similar to that.

In the next few months I plan on sitting down with pencil and paper and trying to sketch up some designs for protect armor. Any input on custom making the stuff would be appreciated. Also, I need Ideas on how to make hardpoints for under the wings, because that seems like an oversight to me. send me a message or something if you wanna give input.

Now don't get me wrong, I'd reluctantly (due to cost) buy a new one too.

But if they were go over the 11 and figure a way to do with the current model (and do it well), they might sell more.

I do see the forward canards as one of the major speed bumps though.

But I think they stay on under the chest armor so there's your first change for a lean to a new mold/model.

So yeah I see how it might be a stretch but it would be nice to keep it current. :)

Edited by DARKWIND

Now don't get me wrong, I'd reluctantly (due to cost) buy a new one too.

But if they were go over the 11 and figure a way to do with the current model (and do it well), they might sell more.

I do see the forward canards as one of the major speed bumps though.

But I think they stay on under the chest armor so there's your first change for a lean to a new mold/model.

So yeah I see how it might be a stretch but it would be nice to keep it current. :)

or the armor set could just come with the parts on the vf-ll we have to swap out. I'm sure Yamato must realize by now that most of us are experts at dismantling and putting their stuff back together by now. ;)

or the armor set could just come with the parts on the vf-ll we have to swap out. I'm sure Yamato must realize by now that most of us are experts at dismantling and putting their stuff back together by now. ;)

You sir are reading my mind. . . . :D:lol::D

With the build/customize your own VF-11 approach it seems more reasonable too.

Just keep the cost down on both ends $50 to $100 seems ok. . .

no, it'll probably come with a Huge roll of double stick tape. :p

I'll get a regular VF-11C and a special one. Hopefully it could be done to be kinda like the 1/60 VF-1 v1 FP models that had a few improvements (maybe ratcheted wings or hardpoints?) with some appropriate holes in the legs, etc to facilitate mounting but not be otherwise obviously new sculpt/design and make the current releases obsolete.

• 2 weeks later...

Never say never, but unfortunately, when Yamato designed the VF-11, they didn't have the Protect Armour in mind, unlike say when the designed the V2 1/60 VF-1, which was designed from the ground up with GBP armour in mind.

Graham

Yeah I remember you mentioning that before, but ill still hold out hope for it to hit the shelves one day.

And yes I will probably pay full price for it too. . . :p