Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

There are some nice pictures from Wewe on the previous page that show the 11C's tailfins out

HI all,

All the pics i've seen have the tailfins out... Are there any with them in? Or do they not come with them?

Yet you don't actually HAVE TO transform the tails. Almost wish they had some detachable extensions to give them the proper length.

In future releases they should include a sheet of card stock you can cut out to make paper-craft tail fins that you stick over the normal ones. :lol:

Have had my 11C for over 6 months now, just chillin in fighter mode in my display case, watching 7 last night, decided to transform it.....Hey-- good news---the leg or legs didn't fall off!! :lol:

I have two of them and the legs are fine on both. I'm fighting getting a third just so I can have one in each mode. I keep hoping they'll make a Milia/Max/Pink pecker version so i can justify the purchase with new paint job a little easier.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't released/announced a third deco for this toy yet, considering it's one of their most solid releases.

As for the 11C, I'm still loving mine after all these months. No problems with it whatsoever. Easily my favorite Yamato release.

Edited by eriku

I'm kind of surprised they haven't released/announced a third deco for this toy yet, considering it's one of their most solid releases.

As for the 11C, I'm still loving mine after all these months. No problems with it whatsoever. Easily my favorite Yamato release.

I would be too, but I don't think it's selling well. Some of the etailers still haven't sold through their stock of VF-11C's and B's, even on clearance. I've love to see a VFX 2 Ravens repaint and M3 Max.

Nope I wasn't the one who got it. He never replied. Even though I was the first one to post on the thread I wasn't the one who got it. He never really even replied to tell me it was sold. I guess he has pm'ed everyone back and there was some confusion of individuals who paid for the same items. So I'm still looking.

Nope I wasn't the one who got it. He never replied. Even though I was the first one to post on the thread I wasn't the one who got it. He never really even replied to tell me it was sold. I guess he has pm'ed everyone back and there was some confusion of individuals who paid for the same items. So I'm still looking.

What the heck?

That sucks man.

I know the VF-11C's were on sale at HLJ (20% off) a few weeks ago. NOW it's back up to 18,880 yen. :mellow:

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00182

AmiAmi has em for 15,250 yen but they're backordered. If you guys can find it cheaper than this lemme know. ^_^

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-0977&template=default/product/e_display.html

Remeber, just because you replied first in the thread dosn't neccessarily mean you where the first to send him a pm...don't know if that is what happened, but people don't always reply in a thread when a pm will accomplish what they want to. However, a pm back to you would've been nice.

Anyway, I think the biggest problem for the VF-11B/C releases is the price. I got the B model but could never afford the C, these things are just too expensive. I remeber when it was first released people where a bit shocked at the price. Still don't have a C and probable never will, even on sale it's pretty expensive and after shipping....well.... The dollar sucking against the yen isn't helping things either. :(

Chris

Remeber, just because you replied first in the thread dosn't neccessarily mean you where the first to send him a pm...don't know if that is what happened, but people don't always reply in a thread when a pm will accomplish what they want to. However, a pm back to you would've been nice.

Anyway, I think the biggest problem for the VF-11B/C releases is the price. I got the B model but could never afford the C, these things are just too expensive. I remeber when it was first released people where a bit shocked at the price. Still don't have a C and probable never will, even on sale it's pretty expensive and after shipping....well.... The dollar sucking against the yen isn't helping things either. :(

Chris

I'm pretty sure the internal small parts that were molded for the VF-11 are what drove up the cost. The sculpt is deceptively simple from the outside, but inside there is more than meets the eye, resulting in a very well built toy that IMHO, raised the bar for Yamato. The engineering is impressive and the toy is incredibly solid.

I agree about the quality of the toy and don't doubt your explination about the workings of the toy, just giving a possible reason why sales weren't great for it, plus adding it not being a very large fighter or a hero /villan valk. It's a shame really, because it is such a great design.

Chris

IMHO the bland/repeated schemes are why it doesn't sell. You've got M+ grey (which we've seen several times before already in the 1/72 version), and pure boring white.

Flashy hero-boy scheme? Nope.

Skull squadron scheme? Nope.

Incredibly gaudy Fire Bomber member scheme? Nope.

US Navy homage scheme? Nope.

Max and Milia? Nope.

Now, Yamato COULD do Milia's, but without a matching Max...

I still think the VFX-2 scheme is the best VF-11 scheme ever. It's skull squadron-esque, and a US Navy homage. And colorful. I haven't bought a VF-11 yet soley because of the schemes available. I've owned 2 M+ ones already before, I'm not buying a third no matter how improved the sculpt--I never liked the scheme much to start with.

But VFX-2----loved that scheme since I first played the demo.

I really want a VF-11C, but it's just too expensive to justify right now (and the exchange rate isn't helping). If I see a good sale at HLJ or Ami Ami, I'll probably get it, but I'd think it would have to go to at least ~12000 yen or so before I'll consider it. Haven't gotten an Max VF-22 yet either, which is also on my list.

With the current crappy exchange rates, pretty much every Macross toy and not just the VF-11 is way more expensive than they are worth. Even a relatively cheap item like the 1/60 hikaru VF-1A on sale at HLJ (likely with a broken shoulder also) at 7350 yen is going to set you back almost $90. Once you add in standard shipping rates, you're likely spending $130-140. Even with the half off shipping deal that HLJ is having, you're still looking at probably $115. I remember a year or so back, you could get a 1/60 VF-1 + FAST packs for close to that price.

I agree about the quality of the toy and don't doubt your explination about the workings of the toy, just giving a possible reason why sales weren't great for it, plus adding it not being a very large fighter or a hero /villan valk. It's a shame really, because it is such a great design.Chris

I don't disagree, the price is something that would turn away fans. You can tell too, because the 11C has been put on clearance more than once during this year.

I really want a VF-11C, but it's just too expensive to justify right now (and the exchange rate isn't helping). If I see a good sale at HLJ or Ami Ami, I'll probably get it, but I'd think it would have to go to at least ~12000 yen or so before I'll consider it. Haven't gotten an Max VF-22 yet either, which is also on my list.

I think angolz might be the best bet at this point, think they have theirs for $145+shipping.

With the current crappy exchange rates, pretty much every Macross toy and not just the VF-11 is way more expensive than they are worth. Even a relatively cheap item like the 1/60 hikaru VF-1A on sale at HLJ (likely with a broken shoulder also) at 7350 yen is going to set you back almost $90. Once you add in standard shipping rates, you're likely spending $130-140. Even with the half off shipping deal that HLJ is having, you're still looking at probably $115. I remember a year or so back, you could get a 1/60 VF-1 + FAST packs for close to that price.

That's true, I paid less than $100 IIRC for my VF-1J Hikaru Super Valk bundle from HLJ during one of their sales, same with the VF-1A Hikaru bundle.

Also, as far as paint schems, I've always loved Isamu's 11B. Definitely want a VFX 2 repaint.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I love my VF-11C, I've transformed it about a half dozen times in the 2 weeks I've had it, and no issues. The gunpod seems a bit hinky the way it mounts, and won't stay centered. That's about the only thing that bugs me. This is my favorite valk so far, but I'd love to see yamato come out with a vf-17d/s, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Also, anybody know why kawamori-san designed the thing without hardpoints or missiles?

I agree the price was steep, but when you spend a month or so saving up for it, it offsets it a bit. I bought mine around the 1st of November and got mine for $220 delivered from HLJ. This was the most I'd paid for a valk, even my VF-1S w/ super parts was under $200 delivered. and like I said the only valk I want now is a VF-17D/S. as for the paint scheme, sure it's boring, don't like it, try doing a custom. when I get bored with it, I may try a USAF F-15C Low vis 94FS paint job, complete with nose art, or a USMC/USN VMA-214/VFA-31 paint job.

Also, anybody know why kawamori-san designed the thing without hardpoints or missiles?

Perhaps he figured the missiles in the super packs were good enough for grunts. Now that I think about it, pretty much all the Mac7 valks seem to be lacking hardpoints, which doesn't seem too bad since they all had super packs or internal missile storage, but it'd hamper their use of reaction weaponry. They did sling that nuke onto Max's VF-22S though.

Yeah, the 11C is not cheap at all. But it is a beautiful valk. Just don't have this kind of cash right now to spring for one.

Even if the 11C did not sell well, I hope we still see a Max and Millia repaint. At that point, I don't know if I'd be able to resist the temptation.

Perhaps he figured the missiles in the super packs were good enough for grunts. Now that I think about it, pretty much all the Mac7 valks seem to be lacking hardpoints, which doesn't seem too bad since they all had super packs or internal missile storage, but it'd hamper their use of reaction weaponry. They did sling that nuke onto Max's VF-22S though.

still though with the vf-19, vf-17, and vf-11MAXL, those all had internal missile launchers, is it too much to ask for internal missile launchers? I'm thinking on ways to custom make some hardpoints that will detatch tho, nice custom project...

IMHO the bland/repeated schemes are why it doesn't sell. You've got M+ grey (which we've seen several times before already in the 1/72 version), and pure boring white.

Flashy hero-boy scheme? Nope.

Skull squadron scheme? Nope.

Incredibly gaudy Fire Bomber member scheme? Nope.

US Navy homage scheme? Nope.

Max and Milia? Nope.

Now, Yamato COULD do Milia's, but without a matching Max...

I still think the VFX-2 scheme is the best VF-11 scheme ever. It's skull squadron-esque, and a US Navy homage. And colorful. I haven't bought a VF-11 yet soley because of the schemes available. I've owned 2 M+ ones already before, I'm not buying a third no matter how improved the sculpt--I never liked the scheme much to start with.

But VFX-2----loved that scheme since I first played the demo.

I say Max and Millia? Yes!

AND I also agree with you on the VFX-2 scheme it would make a sweet toy varient.