Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

AmiAmi is sold out. It's still available at HLJ:

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00181

yeah i was checking that out, but still looking for a good price with shipping

This one is just to show that the right leg is just fine.

Good thing I have Yamato customer service on speed dial. Literally, every single release, I've had to phone them. I'd rather this wasn't an exception, the timing couldn't possibly be worse since I'm about to move house.

CIMG2206.MOV

Don't talk to me about nightmares.. last night I dreamed I got my Miria 22 in the mail.. and it was a knockoff, bootlegged Chinese bastardization, using half Max and half Miria parts, painted up in Thunderbirds markings, with incorrect figures of Max and Miria jammed into the one cockpit, and landing gear stolen off of a masterpiece Starscream. Oh, and both kneecaps were missing, of course. :p

Well...I guess maybe that doesn't qualify as a nightmare, because it was flipping hilarious when I woke up... or maybe I was laughing at the portion of my dream where I watched a pug wrestling with a midget alligator... :lol:

They better make another run of these, I might buy a couple (being all white-ish, they're prime stock for customs). I put this one (and a Max 22) off til next month, since I already bought a boatload of Frontier stuff this month.

Edited by Chronocidal

OMG! That's horrible! Can this f*ckin company not get ANYTHING right?? That's really NOT something I needed to watch since mine is arriving today or tomorrow! CRAP....now I'm gonna have nightmares! :wacko:

54g2na.jpg

ALL VF-11'S HAVE DYSFUNCTIONAL HIPS!!! THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

54g2na.jpg

ALL VF-11'S HAVE DYSFUNCTIONAL HIPS!!! THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Just because you make fun of the situation doesn't mean it's not true! Every vf-11's leg will fall off! Quick, everyone dismantle your toy and do SOMETHING to fix it now!!!

This one is just to show that the right leg is just fine.

Good thing I have Yamato customer service on speed dial. Literally, every single release, I've had to phone them. I'd rather this wasn't an exception, the timing couldn't possibly be worse since I'm about to move house.

What happened to Renato? My slow-ass antique computer is having trouble with the download.

Graham

What happened to Renato? My slow-ass antique computer is having trouble with the download.

Graham

The left leg keeps falling out. And the ball joint itself is extremely loose.

I tried to take it apart and fix it, but after unscrewing the hip connector part, the two halves of the block still do not come apart, so I'm guessing they're glued on.

I guess it's time to update the old list in my sig. I think I've had my patience tested long enough.

Think of it this way, you weren't meant to have ANY Macross toys (which means 1 more for the rest of us).

Don't say that, it's obvious he's the bad QC sponge, if he wasn't out there soaking up the rejects the one of the rest of us poor schlubs who don't live in Japan might get it.

Don't talk to me about nightmares.. last night I dreamed I got my Miria 22 in the mail.. and it was a knockoff, bootlegged Chinese bastardization, using half Max and half Miria parts, painted up in Thunderbirds markings, with incorrect figures of Max and Miria jammed into the one cockpit, and landing gear stolen off of a masterpiece Starscream. Oh, and both kneecaps were missing, of course. :p

Well...I guess maybe that doesn't qualify as a nightmare, because it was flipping hilarious when I woke up... or maybe I was laughing at the portion of my dream where I watched a pug wrestling with a midget alligator... :lol:

ROTFLMAO

Don't say that, it's obvious he's the bad QC sponge, if he wasn't out there soaking up the rejects the one of the rest of us poor schlubs who don't live in Japan might get it.

Glad I'm doing my part as "human shield", as it were. I think I'm not gonna buy any more for a while, though, which may put you guys straight in the firing range. So, apologies in advance.:p

:lol: hehe... says the guy who's first pic of his VF-11B was this :rolleyes: :

hehe, yeah... :D

I've haven't gotten a yamato that was broken/unsalvageabley bad since the 1/60 v.1's, but I seam to have a 50% chance of getting something with loose joints. lucky for me I've never gotten anything that couldn't be fixed with a little clear nail polish. :p

This one?

http://www.amiami.com/shop/?set=english&am.../e_display.html

When I look at the listing it shows as "Sold Out".

Well, the one you linked there is the non-painted VF-1S, but assuming you meant to link the VF-11C, it's possible that people saw that it was in stock and bought out the remaining stock between the time I posted and the time you checked.

Renato's post scares me a bit. I hope mine is at least as problem free as my 11B.

To anyone that has theirs already, I assume Yamato made no changes to that cockpit sliding mechanism? That wobbly cockpit/pod in fighter mode is my biggest gripe with the 11B.

Sounds like, Alex has infected Renato with whatever strange Valk killer disease he has. Seems like it's highly contagious.

Maybe I should cancel my trip to Japan in April. Don't want to get infected with the dreaded Valk Killer disease. :p

Graham

Just remember to get your shots and you won't have anything to worry about <_<

Well, the one you linked there is the non-painted VF-1S, but assuming you meant to link the VF-11C, it's possible that people saw that it was in stock and bought out the remaining stock between the time I posted and the time you checked.

Renato's post scares me a bit. I hope mine is at least as problem free as my 11B.

To anyone that has theirs already, I assume Yamato made no changes to that cockpit sliding mechanism? That wobbly cockpit/pod in fighter mode is my biggest gripe with the 11B.

Yeah, as far as I can tell, no design changes in the cockpit. It is still kind of wonky, but the little slider piece on my 11C is tighter and more difficult to slide than my 11B, if that helps you any. ^_^

Ouch. that's horrible. The worst I ever had was when the nose cone hip hatch on my VF-1D came broken. It still works but I can pull it right out when I want to.