Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

Well, its finally here, Im very happy, but I have only two issues, the gray details are actually whie in de shoulders area, and my heat shield dosent stay in place, the lower part, have any of you guys have a problem like this with yours, 11b or c´s, also, the cockpit does not have that cool rainbow colory efect, damn.

hey can you put some pics uppp this morning of this awesome collectible

Well, its finally here, Im very happy, but I have only two issues, the gray details are actually whie in de shoulders area, and my heat shield dosent stay in place, the lower part, have any of you guys have a problem like this with yours, 11b or c´s, also, the cockpit does not have that cool rainbow colory efect, damn.

White is apparently 'anime accurate' for the shoulder area you mention.

Glad it doesn't have the "cool rainbow colory effect" on the canopy, as occasionally it has been shown to crack and peel off. As I mentioned in another post, Yamato have decided to stop using it for that very reason on all new VFs.

The lower heatshiled should loock in place, you just need to pull it up until it clicks in place.

Graham

like others have said, the lower heat shield should click. it's really hard to do with the cockpit in. I usually take the cockpit pod out, grip the heat shield from underneath with my finger and on top with my thumb and pull till it clicks then slip the cockpit pod back in.

like others have said, the lower heat shield should click. it's really hard to do with the cockpit in. I usually take the cockpit pod out, grip the heat shield from underneath with my finger and on top with my thumb and pull till it clicks then slip the cockpit pod back in.

There does not seem to be enough room to slip the cockpit back in if I do it the way you have mentioned?

The first thing I noticed upon opening my 11C this morning is that the white isn't as stark white as it looked to me in photos. I was expecting it to be the same bright white as the 1/60 TV Max and the unpainted VF-1S, but it seems closer to the slight off-white of the regular VF-1S releases. Also big cheers for the clear canopy. :)

There does not seem to be enough room to slip the cockpit back in if I do it the way you have mentioned?

it's tight but there is.

just make sure the part that lifts the cockpit up is slid back (the "up" position)

IMG_0464.jpg

so it looks like this on the inside.

IMG_0470.jpg

the slide in the cockpit pod in the direction the arrow is pointing; first down and forward...

IMG_0471.jpg

then pus the back part strait down.

IMG_0473.jpg

then just slide the little gray lifting piece forward to lower the cockpit pod all the way.

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

and viola! heat shield deployed with no tools.

IMG_0477.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

The first thing I noticed upon opening my 11C this morning is that the white isn't as stark white as it looked to me in photos. I was expecting it to be the same bright white as the 1/60 TV Max and the unpainted VF-1S, but it seems closer to the slight off-white of the regular VF-1S releases. Also big cheers for the clear canopy. :)

Photos, please. ;)

I feel kind of stupid now lol, it was really just a mader of patience, maybe I was only freaking out cause my yf-19´s left shoulder finally gave up after three years of bad a%% perfectfullness (if thats not a word, please just considered invented by me) so I was kind of depresed and scared that happen to my favorite valk and toy ever, sorry for my clumssines, any way, thaks for leting me know Graham, I didnt know the colopy thingy was not as awesome as I thought, well tomorrow Im trying to contact yamato to se if they can sell me a new shoulder, I hope they do.

Sorry for the pictures but my camara is my keitai and as I mention before, bad quality is a compliment for the things my celphone does.

post-8568-1266958063_thumb.jpg

post-8568-1266958070_thumb.jpg

it's tight but there is.

just make sure the part that lifts the cockpit up is slid back (the "up" position)

IMG_0464.jpg

so it looks like this on the inside.

IMG_0470.jpg

the slide in the cockpit pod in the direction the arrow is pointing; first down and forward...

IMG_0471.jpg

then pus the back part strait down.

IMG_0473.jpg

then just slide the little gray lifting piece forward to lower the cockpit pod all the way.

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

and viola! heat shield deployed with no tools.

IMG_0477.jpg

I'll try again when I get home. Thanks man!

I feel kind of stupid now lol, it was really just a mader of patience, maybe I was only freaking out cause my yf-19´s left shoulder finally gave up after three years of bad a%% perfectfullness (if thats not a word, please just considered invented by me) so I was kind of depresed and scared that happen to my favorite valk and toy ever, sorry for my clumssines, any way, thaks for leting me know Graham, I didnt know the colopy thingy was not as awesome as I thought, well tomorrow Im trying to contact yamato to se if they can sell me a new shoulder, I hope they do.

Sorry for the pictures but my camara is my keitai and as I mention before, bad quality is a compliment for the things my celphone does.

hey this is looking absolutely amazing, and from the pics i have seen thus far it does look as white as you can get, and not the slighty off white that someone else mentioned Edited by HEY BOYS

hey this is looking absolutely amazing, and from the pics i have seen thus far it does look as white as you can get, and not the slighty off white that someone else mentioned

Yes, it looks like that in some photos, but the one I'm looking at on the desk right in front of me isn't as bright white as the TV Max 1A or the unpainted VF-1S. It is very, very white though.

Edited by eriku

Yes, it looks like that in some photos, but the one I'm looking at on the desk right in front of me isn't as bright white as the TV Max 1A or the unpainted VF-1S. It is very, very white though.

ok cool fair enough my friend, besides that what are your 1st impressions for the 11c

Really want to see some non-fastpack fighter-mode picts. Pretty please?!

Since you asked so nicely. ^_^

s12ecg.jpg

160sfbm.jpg

246ng3s.jpg

29p9st2.jpg

i587sp.jpg

r1bgna.jpg

20gbgbc.jpg

2cct3pl.jpg

iq8vm8.jpg

s6udms.jpg

Didn't have much time to take pics so they're pretty crappy.

The 11C is LOVE. It's nowhere near as bright white as the TV Max and unpainted VF-1S. It doesn't come out so well in my photos, but you can kinda see the difference.

Only problem I've had so far is not being able to keep the bottom heat shield up. I had no problem at all with that on the 11B. On that toy I just pulled it up and it clicked and stayed, then I would slide the cockpit pod back in and pull the top half down. Nothing seems to be able to get this one to stay up. In any case, I'm very happy with it and I'm glad I got rid of the 11B in favor of this one. I do miss the bayonette, but the 11C gunpod is cool in it's own right.

Edited by eriku

I guess while we're all making requests here I suppose I'm the only one interested in seeing some non-fast pack picks of Gerwalk?

and yes just to let you know you are the ONLY one interested in that bro LOL

Damn, loving it. Good pics, man. You gotta get that lower heat shield closed, though. Must resist.... whoever that was with the 1 valk a month rule has got me subscribed. I want 2 of these.... And I've got the next 3 months already booked.

Pilot looks pretty cool. Looks like they didn't two tone it with white shoulders and helmet on tan body but pretty close. Is this the fixed one Graham? What were they going to do originally?

I got both my orders from Amiami and HLJ at the same time.

It was almost like Christmas as a kid.

And again Yamato has scored a homerun.

about that white vf-1s do you have to assemble it or not?

Im on the fence about buying a few but just want to know for sure.

about that white vf-1s do you have to assemble it or not?

Im on the fence about buying a few but just want to know for sure.

There are two versions. One is a kit that you have to assemble and one comes fully assembled. I have the assembled one, which is exactly the same as any other V2 toy except no paint.

There are two versions. One is a kit that you have to assemble and one comes fully assembled. I have the assembled one, which is exactly the same as any other V2 toy except no paint.

where did you get them i just the assembled ones