Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

Ok so who's the idiot for importing a 200 dollar toy in a country where the FREE REPLACEMENT parts warranty isn't valid.

It's like buying a new cel phone from Japan and whining you can get coverage in the states.

Thats right Yamato absolutely has no idea that non japanese buy their products. I wonder if they would be in business without overseas customers.

"And instead of taking returns and sending out a new one they expect you to take apart a pretty complex toy and fix it yourself. Never mind if you botch up the job and ruin a 400 dollar toy."

If I might be able to provide an example where it conflicts with that statement...and this isn't an attack on the author of the above-mentioned statement.

I had purchased a YF-19 w/fast packs when I noticed that it looked like stressed marks occurred (pics provided). I spoke HLJ and they spoke with Yamato about the problem. Yamato replied that I could either have the parts sent to me, or they would send me a new YF-19 back. I chose the latter and within a week, a new YF-19 was shipped to my house. Along with a personal letter of apology (also provided - sorry I had to take a picture, scanner doesn't work) from Yamato that I've kept. That is why I consider Yamato and HLJ to be class acts and why I continue to buy from them.

The fact that Yamato was willing to send back a new Yf-19 AND a letter of apology shows that even though there was a flaw initially, they were more than willing to correct the problem. No company ever creates something that is 100% perfect in 100% of its products. Sometimes the customer has to be responsible for taking the initiative.

post-3166-1255194445_thumb.jpg

post-3166-1255194466_thumb.jpg

post-3166-1255194481_thumb.jpg

"And instead of taking returns and sending out a new one they expect you to take apart a pretty complex toy and fix it yourself. Never mind if you botch up the job and ruin a 400 dollar toy."

If I might be able to provide an example where it conflicts with that statement...and this isn't an attack on the author of the above-mentioned statement.

I had purchased a YF-19 w/fast packs when I noticed that it looked like stressed marks occurred (pics provided). I spoke HLJ and they spoke with Yamato about the problem. Yamato replied that I could either have the parts sent to me, or they would send me a new YF-19 back. I chose the latter and within a week, a new YF-19 was shipped to my house. Along with a personal letter of apology (also provided - sorry I had to take a picture, scanner doesn't work) from Yamato that I've kept. That is why I consider Yamato and HLJ to be class acts and why I continue to buy from them.

The fact that Yamato was willing to send back a new Yf-19 AND a letter of apology shows that even though there was a flaw initially, they were more than willing to correct the problem. No company ever creates something that is 100% perfect in 100% of its products. Sometimes the customer has to be responsible for taking the initiative.

That is classy

I now exclusively purchase from HLJ on memebers advice here. Their customer service is impeccably good. Sometimes their shipping is not to great but their frequent sales and early birds make up for that. Only gripe their ordering system is hard to navigate and they put huge HLJ logos on the boxes which then catches the eye of customs and sometimes i get dinged

I would like to write to yamato about my zero, and monster but since i bought and paid in cash from a HK vendor i have no proof to present so that sometimes becomes and issue, but if thats true thats great that was my experience with Bandai and the luca vf 25

Hey AlphaOne, good to hear that Yamato services outside of Japan. Can you detail out your Yamato customer service experience with us? Like:-

1) Did you asked HLJ and then you communicated with Yamato until you receive your yf19, or did HLJ acted as a middleman during the whole thing?

2) Shipping-wise, did Yamato pay to get back the faulty yf19 and then, pay to ship you the new yf19 or did you also have to pay your share?

3) What sort of shipping service did they use?

4) How long did the whole process took, from the moment you contacted HLJ to the day you receive your new yf19?

Would like to know as I have a VF0S (Arms issue), yf19 (Same issue like yours), Army Garland (Totally loose left arm), V.2 1/60 VF1S (Cracked shoulder hinges) and Koenig Monster (Broken or stressed tabs throughout the toy) that I would like to have changed. Would appreciate the details as they would really help in simplifying things alot in terms of communication, anticipated expenses and expected time to resolve returns / exchanges, thanks!

Edited by mr.chogokin

Hey AlphaOne, good to hear that Yamato services outside of Japan. Can you detail out your Yamato customer service experience with us? Like:-

1) Did you asked HLJ and then you communicated with Yamato until you receive your yf19, or did HLJ acted as a middleman during the whole thing?

2) Shipping-wise, did Yamato pay to get back the faulty yf19 and then, pay to ship you the new yf19 or did you also have to pay your share?

3) What sort of shipping service did they use?

4) How long did the whole process took, from the moment you contacted HLJ to the day you receive your new yf19?

Would like to know as I have a VF0S (Arms issue), yf19 (Same issue like yours), Army Garland (Totally loose left arm), V.2 1/60 VF1S (Cracked shoulder hinges) and Koenig Monster (Broken or stressed tabs throughout the toy) that I would like to have changed. Would appreciate the details as they would really help in simplifying things alot in terms of communication, anticipated expenses and expected time to resolve returns / exchanges, thanks!

Sure,

1) I first emailed HLJ and described my problem with my YF-19. I provided pictures of the flaws, a copy of my receipt with HLJ, and what solution I was looking for. HLJ acted as the middle-man in order to get the problem solved but I corresponded through email with a gentleman named Oishi-san and then with Mr. Kennard, who provided the following email response:

Hi

Oishi-san forwarded your email to me - if you don't feel that you can use the parts Yamato has agreed to send, then there are two other options. You can return the 1/60 YF-19 w/F. Booster & Fast Pack to us, and we can send it to Yamato for repairs, or you can return it for a refund, as unfortunately we don't have any more of this item in stock. Please let me know which you would prefer.

2) I paid the initial shipping fee to send the package back to HLJ (approx. $40) but HLJ stated that they would reimburse me (which they did). Their email response and shipping directions is the following:

Hi Ken

Thanks for writing.

To return the item, please ship it in unopened condition back to us here at HobbyLink Japan as follows:

*Package the item up very well in a good box, especially if our shipping box was damaged.

*Enclose a copy of this correspondence in the package.

*Mark this on the outside of the box: "CONTENTS MADE IN JAPAN."

*Ship the item back to us via the post office, and send it by REGISTERED SMALL PACKET AIR MAIL.

*Send the package to this address:

HobbyLink Japan

Tatebayashi-shi, Nishitakane-cho 43-6

Gunma 374-0075 JAPAN

When your item arrives back here in Japan, we will refund the cost of shipping back to us, and will send the the item to Yamato for repairs. We will also ask them to include a new set of decals.

Please accept our apologies for the problem and the inconvenience this has caused you.

3) I shipped the package Registered Small Packet Air Mail and they shipped it back EMS.

4) The entire process took from start to finish a couple weeks. I took some time to ship it out to them but communication with HLJ was topnotch in whatever questions I had regarding the replacement and they were extremely helpful in tracking down the status of when it arrived at Yamato Inc. and when they shipped back to me. I was also provided a new sheet of decals because I placed some stickers on the Yf-19 I returned along with a letter of apology :lol:

I hope this helped out and if there's anything I can think of, I'll post it for you.

All the best in getting your situation corrected and I'm sorry to hear the problems you had

Sure,

1) I first emailed HLJ and described my problem with my YF-19. I provided pictures of the flaws, a copy of my receipt with HLJ, and what solution I was looking for. HLJ acted as the middle-man in order to get the problem solved but I corresponded through email with a gentleman named Oishi-san and then with Mr. Kennard, who provided the following email response:

Hi

Oishi-san forwarded your email to me - if you don't feel that you can use the parts Yamato has agreed to send, then there are two other options. You can return the 1/60 YF-19 w/F. Booster & Fast Pack to us, and we can send it to Yamato for repairs, or you can return it for a refund, as unfortunately we don't have any more of this item in stock. Please let me know which you would prefer.

2) I paid the initial shipping fee to send the package back to HLJ (approx. $40) but HLJ stated that they would reimburse me (which they did). Their email response and shipping directions is the following:

Hi Ken

Thanks for writing.

To return the item, please ship it in unopened condition back to us here at HobbyLink Japan as follows:

*Package the item up very well in a good box, especially if our shipping box was damaged.

*Enclose a copy of this correspondence in the package.

*Mark this on the outside of the box: "CONTENTS MADE IN JAPAN."

*Ship the item back to us via the post office, and send it by REGISTERED SMALL PACKET AIR MAIL.

*Send the package to this address:

HobbyLink Japan

Tatebayashi-shi, Nishitakane-cho 43-6

Gunma 374-0075 JAPAN

When your item arrives back here in Japan, we will refund the cost of shipping back to us, and will send the the item to Yamato for repairs. We will also ask them to include a new set of decals.

Please accept our apologies for the problem and the inconvenience this has caused you.

3) I shipped the package Registered Small Packet Air Mail and they shipped it back EMS.

4) The entire process took from start to finish a couple weeks. I took some time to ship it out to them but communication with HLJ was topnotch in whatever questions I had regarding the replacement and they were extremely helpful in tracking down the status of when it arrived at Yamato Inc. and when they shipped back to me. I was also provided a new sheet of decals because I placed some stickers on the Yf-19 I returned along with a letter of apology :lol:

I hope this helped out and if there's anything I can think of, I'll post it for you.

All the best in getting your situation corrected and I'm sorry to hear the problems you had

Thanks again for the explanation. I hope at least half of my broken stuff bought from HLJ can be resolved the same way like yours. I also think I need to ask HLJ about the Yamato products that are not bought from them. On one hand, through experience, HLJ charges for the parts and charges separately for shipping. And I was asked by this Oishi guy to fax my CC info and the parts' code as well as pictures despite HLJ already having my CC details and we can conduct the customer service via email... but no, he wanted it faxed. He also maintains that parts request is a separate affair and he cannot use the customer data that is already available in their database, so I dunno. I will try HLJ again, hope it works out well this time.

That's the early bird price, their regular pricing is the same as Gamlin's VF-22S\VF-11B

Well I dunno I thought I did early bird for Gamlin's and it was still 18,800 yen so take that for what you will. I dun't know if they just over charged me or what but I just looked at the shipping email..

If you are excited by the 5% off at HLJ, take a look at 20% off pre-order at HWJapan.

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/YAM09101554.aspx

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/YAM09101553.aspx

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/YAM09101552.aspx

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/YAM09101551.aspx

You can search the forum for store feedback. I have ordered many model and some small toys from HWJapan before and they all worked out fine, but I don't have experience with pre-ordering large toy from them. Well I will know when my pre-order of 1:60 VF-1J M&M (only 10% off) arrives.

We have until November 11 to decide if you want to order from them, but I don't know if they also do the "order-stop" thing like HLJ if they get tons of pre-orders. HWJapan don't charge pre-order until shipping. For item that large EMS cost will likely to be close to SAL.

Overdrive's latest Web Mail states the following:

We have started taking orders for the VF-11C with Super Packs and the the two VF-22 versions(Max And Millia). As the first run of all three items will be limited to 1000 pieces each there is a posibility that all three may sell out fairly early.

I think the same was said for Gamlin's VF-22S... and I haven't seen them being sold out in many places... or has there been a new production run?

I really hope we see some of the accessories like the Radome and perhaps Foldildo packaged together for VF-11C. The GBP is also, obviously highly desired for a Kinryu death ride. :D