Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

Argh if I don't stop with these some time soon I'm not going to be able to afford Christmas.....4 New VF-1s in Oct., VF-11C and VF-1J Armored in Nov., Max's and Mira's VF-22 in December......and that's only Yamato.....oh god make it stop, make it stop...... :ph34r::wacko::blink::(
:D lol!!! :D I agree completely...this obsess...ahem...hobby of mine is going to make it so that I will be living on the streets. With my collection, of course...

looks cool... but the VF-11 just doesn't have the same effect as the VF-1 for me to go ahead and get multiples... if these were priced the same as the 1/60 VF-1 ver. 2 w/ FPs (w/c is just about the same size), i might consider getting a red Milia variant...

on another note, it's nice to see all these M7 valks coming out... i am very eager to see Yamato make Gamlin's VF-17D.

I can appreciate this as a blank canvas. The white is nice, but too uniform. It needs more color to break it up. It'd be very easy to mod this into the VF-X color scheme, though. Overall, I think I prefer the 11B.

I still can't afford either, though. Maybe I can schmooze one for Xmas...

Edited by Kelsain

I don't see the appeal of the VF-11C and this nothing to do with its cannon fodder status in Macross 7.

It all just one color.

It doesn't have a bayonet. That has to be one of the coolest weapons for a Valk. After you run out of bullets you and run giants through with the bayonet.

I don't see the appeal of the VF-11C and this nothing to do with its cannon fodder status in Macross 7.

It all just one color.

It doesn't have a bayonet. That has to be one of the coolest weapons for a Valk. After you run out of bullets you and run giants through with the bayonet.

I agree.... this is boooooooooooooooorrrring. It takes all the blandness of the DYRL paint schemes and takes away the minimal trim.

I also think that this color scheme looks better than the first one.

If I had the extra funds and was buying toys anymore then I would get one.

(I have not quit the toy collecting but am just in a bit of financial ruin. I will start up again when I get back up)

I have to agree that the all white is very bland. I like the boosters, and the new gun looks cool, but The bang for the buck isn't matching up for me. Make it the price of the VF-1 w/ fast packs, and I'm sold. I'd love to buy one, but I'd definitely pay this price for the MAXL, or even the VF-17s.

PASS

I was a little disappointed to hear Graham is pimping out MWF to Yammy. Didnt even know they had a head office in HK???????

and I guess thats why he has a bazillion valks since every release he essentially gets one for free. And I now know why he is so light with the critical comments.

Unbelievable .....what happened to independent unbiased viewpoints.

Hey G-Man take this back to your yammy buddies NOT INTERESTED

Sick of repaints-Never fall for the hype. I know takara does it and so does bandai but that doesnt make it right. Do something new and do it with quality. Then maybe I will buy something from yamato. And if they lower their price. They know we buy their products and regardless of all the licensing bullsh it they should do some Customer service to make the overseas collectors happy in some way. whatever

im not into repaints

why not give us armor packs or something, .....sorry just venting im still not seeing the spartan or missle destroid

Look I like macross stuff but they continually disappoint with the QC and repaints gallore

do something different

they need some competition is all

You did see that the VF-11C isn't merely a simple repaint right??? :wacko:

Different gunpod, boosters, etc. Those are new molds for those pieces. And even if it was a repaint as you claim, all manufactures do them, or they wouldn't be able to offer us those other toys that we crave.

Last time I checked the VF-11 was one of the more trouble free releases from Yamato. There were very few complaints, about it. Most of them dealt with how to properly transform the shield over the cockpit.

We did get competition in the Macross arena, and look at the craptastic DX line. Just because you get competition doesn't automatically mean the other guy can do it any better. Bandai is still using clip on pieces for armament hard points. And don't get me started on the short bus landing gear.

Edited by Golden Arms

Different gunpod, boosters, etc. Those are new molds for those pieces. And even if it was a repaint as you claim, all manufactures do them, or they wouldn't be able to offer us those other toys that we crave.

Last time I checked the VF-11 was one of the more trouble free releases from Yamato. There were very few complaints, about it. Most of them dealt with how to properly transform the shield over the cockpit.

And keep in mind that many of us prefer the VF-11C color scheme over that of the 11B. So in a way, Yamato is trying to keep us happy.

We did get competition in the Macross arena, and look at the craptastic DX line. Just because you get competition doesn't automatically mean the other guy can do it any better. Bandai is still using clip on pieces for armament hard points. And don't get me started on the short bus landing gear.

Well one thing for sure Bandai wont break

and yeah the VF-11 is pretty good

but their running streak is pretty weak

true, their thrown against the wall stress handling is conspicuously poor. Graham, can you tell them to work on that?

yes thats what usually happens when you throw poo against the wall. It goes splat

Edit: Hey G-man can you ask yamato to make their valks like Bandai. You know when you transform them they dont disintegrate before your eyes

I have yet to break a VF-25 and i dooo swoosh them around

Edited by nugundamII

Can't say I've had too many problems with Yamato toys. I know some have had bad beats with some Yamatos, but I've been able to play with them, transform them all several times, and have had no issues at all. Anyways, as that's another thread, I digress to the topic at hand. I may just wait for this particular item to be sold at a lesser price, and if it doesn't, well, when the finances permits and I get the other items that're in line. That line keeps getting longer and longer by the month.

The release of a FV-11C isn't what I'd call "stop the presses" news. Once the Gamlin's VF-22S was announced it was clear that Yamato would jump at the chance to amortize their VF-11 molds; heck, the differences between the B and C 11s are even more negligible than those between the 21 and 22s.

Regardless, this is welcome since (aside from more Macross toys being always welcome) the implication of the 22s and now the 11C is that the M7 floodgates are open and we are almost garanteed VF-17s and VF-19s in the future (I prefer the Blazer over the Kay myself), and the possibility of the Protect Armor for the 11.

I have just aquired the B version and love it... the soap bubble effect on the canopy is a thing of beauty. The 11C will go on my to-buy list pending either a sale, discount, or more favorable exchange rate... as long as I can get one for aroung $200 USD, shipped, I'm in.

I was a little disappointed to hear Graham is pimping out MWF to Yammy. Didnt even know they had a head office in HK???????
...it's not anything new though, it's been like that for what, nearly 10 years or a little bit over?

Sick of repaints-Never fall for the hype. I know takara does it and so does bandai but that doesnt make it right. Do something new and do it with quality.
Toy companies need repaints to survive. Profit from repaints is used for the development of new products. Repaints are easy money sure, but necessary.

Competition is good though; if it makes Yamato more aggressive with handling qc problems prior to release, and gets Bandai to focus more on detail/accuracy whatever then I'm all for competition, especially if it brings out the best in both companies(not right away but eventually).

yes thats what usually happens when you throw poo against the wall. It goes splat

Edit: Hey G-man can you ask yamato to make their valks like Bandai. You know when you transform them they dont disintegrate before your eyes

I have yet to break a VF-25 and i dooo swoosh them around

yet to drop your 25 i see? ?_? good on ya.

PASS

and I guess thats why he has a bazillion valks since every release he essentially gets one for free. And I now know why he is so light with the critical comments.

Unbelievable .....what happened to independent unbiased viewpoints.

Hey G-Man take this back to your yammy buddies NOT INTERESTED

Sick of repaints-Never fall for the hype. I know takara does it and so does bandai but that doesnt make it right. Do something new and do it with quality. Then maybe I will buy something from yamato. And if they lower their price. They know we buy their products and regardless of all the licensing bullsh it they should do some Customer service to make the overseas collectors happy in some way. whatever

im not into repaints

why not give us armor packs or something, .....sorry just venting im still not seeing the spartan or missle destroid

Not everyone has the same experiences with a Yammy as you do. None of my 21 Yamato toys has ever broken. I can't complain about Yamato if i have never experienced anything wrong with it.

And repaints are needed to get money to fund new toys.

Besides in the Macross universe there is alot of VF's that are repaints of each other and nothing more. Max and Milia's VF-1J's are straight repaints of Hikaru's VF-1J and so on. So if you want all the VF's from the show's repaints are needed.

And the VF-11C isn't a straight repaint.

I have had more Problems with my DX that any of my yamatos actually.

Edited by thankheaven