Your favorite valk...

drkstar00

I've got quite a few things Macross, but I'd have to say that my favorite possession, is one that's purely a favorite for sentimental reasons...

I was living overseas at the time, had cash for the first time ever, and purchased a Joons toy just because I wanted it.

It sits on my shelf to this day, and symbolizes -in my mind- the day I started liking myself and treating myself well.

None of the expensive purchases afterwards have come close to being as dear to my heart as this guy for that reason:

DSC02817.jpg

DSC02820.jpg

Mine is my 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru, for pretty much the same reason. Finally getting what I always wanted and the beginning of me believing that no matter what it is through hard work and patience I can get anything I want.

med_gallery_3118_53_9733.jpgmed_gallery_3118_53_172836.jpgmed_gallery_3118_53_148808.jpg

I would say the 1/60 YF-21, but i\'m loving my 1/60 v.2 VF-1S Hikaru,

and eventually that will be replaced by the 1/60 v.2 VT-1!! :p

my fav and forever 1/48 VF-1S Hikky pose.

gallery_3118_46_2590200.jpg

Plus i love my VF-0S Roy!!

gallery_3118_46_26459.jpg

med_gallery_3118_46_129406.jpgmed_gallery_3118_46_96489.jpg

I think i will have a tough time choosing between these three. (YF-21, Roy 0S & VF-1S Hikaru)

gallery_3118_46_76316.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/12...8_46_135586.jpg

med_gallery_3118_46_45969.jpg

med_gallery_3118_46_103293.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ewww.... I hate the Joons Korean knock-offs! YUCK!!!

As per your question, its either the VF-1S Strike Valk 1/55 Bandai '84 or the Low Viz 1 1/48 Yamato.

OFF TOPIC: Agent-GHQ, why are you being such a hater. drkstar00, asked what was YOUR favorite valk. Not, is your valk better than mine? You really should start paying attention to the thread content and realize that MacrossWorld is not about you. <_<

------------

BACK ON TOPIC: My faves are definitely the 1/60 YF-21 Guld, 1/60 sv-51 Nora, 1/60 VF-0S Roy, and then 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru Strike, but not necissarily in that order. This is mostly based on the engineered accomplishments. ;)

But for all nostalgic purposes it's hands down the 1/55 series from Takatoku and Bandai. :rolleyes:

The YF-21 is hands down my favorite. It's sleek, I love the design, and the toy is so well made.

post-10222-1247466970_thumb.jpg

The VF-22S is a close second. The downsides of it is overall, it's not as tight as the 21, I don't like the canopy and faceplate as much, and there's no where to store the gunpods in fighter mode, though that's not really Yamato's fault. Upside is I like the dark color and the look of the integrated guns and missile launchers on the bay doors.

post-10222-1247467140_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1247467125_thumb.jpg

I know I've posted this pic before, but these two bastards are my personal fave's:

gallery_3595_72_80161.jpg

Yes, I like all of the various Valks I own and have spent many hours stickering up, panel-lining (some of them), and fussing over 'em to get their poses just right.

But the extra time, effort, and planning that went into these two particular valks is what makes them special to me. To see your custom ideas and schemes come to physical fruition can be very rewarding.

That's why they're my sentimental favorites. :)

I really can't choose.

But if I can only keep one valk, I'll keep my 1/48 Focker VF-1S.

Lately I am fond of my model Kit VF-25S Armored. In fact I love the whole VF-25 sqaud models.

The 1/60v2 is nice, but it does't impress me as the towering 1/48. But then, they are really, really nice. It's the first time I have a whole Vermillion squad!

I am in love with the 1/60 VF-0S too. It has the big size of 1/48 with the newer technology (and mine is the 2nd version with intact arms, tocuh wood).

The DX 25s... Once you are in super mode, you can't pose. Still they look good in certain angles.

I am a Macross freak. :rolleyes:

i keep catching myself just staring at my VF-22S. i haven't even transformed it yet, just got the landing gears down, but it already gives me satisfaction. it's probably the wide stance and the downward droop of the wings which really makes it stand out, beside the awesome color scheme of course.

but i suspect, in the long run it will be the 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru as all time fave

Man this wa tougher than I thought... first I thought about the 1/55 GBP and SuperOstrich... toys that I spent half my life dreaming of getting and finally got. Then the 1/48 VF-1S Roy, which I bought about 5 times but ended up customizing and now I can't believe I don't have a single one that's just regular... but then that reminded me what I did with one... my favorite has to be this baby...

gallery_157_57561.jpg

Well, as I am a little late to the "party" and JUST watched Macross Plus for the first time over the weekend, (yeah I know)...but it was AWESOME. Point being, debt be damned!! I immediatly jumped online with my CC in hand and ordered the YF-21 and the new VF-11B...I am pretty sure once I have them both in hand, one will quickly become my new favorite!

As for my favorite right now.....my first Valk ever was the 1:48 Roy, but i dunno, I'm SO over 1:48......I love all my 1:60 v.2 equally, so its hard to choose...I think my Hiki, VF-1J though...its just so classic!

Here's my favorite:

2zghrud.jpg

No. Actually - I'm kidding (obviously)...

But I've been sitting here staring at the monitor for 15 minutes trying to figure out which is my favorite Valkyrie - and I give up! I don't know! I can't chose just one!

If I had to be pressed, then probably the VF-1D because it has Hikaru and Minmey, and has Hikaru in civilian clothing and Minmey in her cute SDFM TV dress - something I've dreamed of for a long time. Plus, I like the head unit on the 1D... Would also nominate the VT-1 if it actually had MISA with it...

But seriously - I can't chose one. All of them are awesome. It is painfully impossible to chose a favorite.

Pete