Surprise!

izzyfcuk

Confirmed with Yamato: 1) VF-22 comes with 2 gunpods. 2) Gunpods light grey in colour. 3) Gunpods cannot be stored internally in belly plates (sorry, anime magic, not possible on toy).

Kinda sucks about the lack of internal gunpod storage. :( That was really the one area where the -22 really trumps the -21.

Man that sucks that the 22 cannot store the gunpods internally, that was one of the things i really liked about the 22 and it wouldn't be THAT hard to make on a toy, just make the bellyplates alittle deeper so they cover the gunpods completely. Oh well i'll still get it i guess.

Edited by thankheaven

well, i am glad they are NOT making the orange and white yf-19 scheme, now I dont feel bad that I am missing out on a valkirie i already have in but the 25th aniversary scheme, and can concentrate on different types of valks, like yf 21/22 and maybe vf-11.... But man, that white and orange was a beauty...

Are the gunpods going to be able to be stored under the valkyrie? Not internally, as I had just read Grahams post, but externally underneath the valkyrie? I read somewhere that the two gunpods that the YF-21 has were able to be stored under the valkyrie. Is yamato going to take that approach for the VF-22? Also are there going to be fast packs with the VF-22?

Edited by DarkHawk

Am I the only one who wants the VF-1?

If you are refering to that Hikaru VF-1s, then yes. I agree. What is the story with that one? Are those add-on decals or is it going to be released that way?

yeah they're the "meh" Itasha Moe decals for the 1/60s...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...amp;mode=linear

EDIT- re: the VF-19s... while the 19 is the best looking and coolest VF design IMO (esp fighter), i would prefer a canon scheme like the blue VF-X2 VF-19 Excalibur before anything else... they've done it in 1/72 and for the GN-U, so i don't see why they shouldn't start w/ this one...

but i would only pick one up if Yamato addressed the fit, looseness, material/plastic issues that the orig. YF-19 had/has... and more tampo printing please... :)

^_^ i'll post pics too like Miriya did from Mr. March's M3:

vf-19a-battroid.gif

vf-19a-fighter.gif

Edited by m0n5t3r

Are the gunpods going to be able to be stored under the valkyrie? Not internally, as I had just read Grahams post, but externally underneath the valkyrie? I read somewhere that the two gunpods that the YF-21 has were able to be stored under the valkyrie. Is yamato going to take that approach for the VF-22? Also are there going to be fast packs with the VF-22?

Well, it kind of looks like the new part on the bay doors are clipped on or something so it's possible you could take them off and attach the gunpods in the same way the YF-21 does, but you wouldn't be able to put the covers back over them as there's no way it would fit over the gun pods. Also as mentioned in several posts throughout the thread, no, there won't be any FAST packs with the VF-22.

I think the 19 Excalibur is coming soon enough, I wouldn't really worry about it. Leave it to Yamato to milk molds, amirite? =P

Of course, the Excal also requires a little more painting than the more bland VF-19 does, which was 99% its own natural mold color.

coming soon isn't soon enough! ^_^ ... lets say the Excalibur is indeed in Yamato's list and everybody's expecting it to be made eventually, then who would buy these repaints??? these are not like the v.2 1/60 VF-1 repaints w/c are much cheaper... on Yamato's site the 25th Anniv. 19/VF-22S are Y18,800 (pretty much what the price of the potential 19 repaints would cost) while a v.2 1/60 VF-1 is Y9,800. that's almost double the price...

Edited by m0n5t3r

I really love the VF-19A scheme. but I'm dubius that Yamato will do enough improvements to the 19 to warrant a buy. I have a feeling my YF-21 will remain my lone mac+ valk.

as for the VF-22. looking at the pictures, I think what they did with the belly plates was make parts that just snap onto the existing parts in place of the gun pods. it could be that they redesigned the whole part so that the new bits are like doors that open up and you can put the gunpod inside, but I doubt that.

as for the VF-22. looking at the pictures, I think what they did with the belly plates was make parts that just snap onto the existing parts in place of the gun pods. it could be that they redesigned the whole part so that the new bits are like doors that open up and you can put the gunpod inside, but I doubt that.

For a toy of that size, it would be hard to produce the bay doors to mimic the animation's design. Which is fine since a bit of anime magic needs to occur for the gunpods to fit in there. At least you won't have to deal with gun pods falling off.

Dang, triple post. after the first month or so of having my YF-21, I stopped having any problem with the guns falling off. (if you push the grey tab in far enough it holds great).

the other day the but of one of the gunpods popped off though, first real problem i've had with the toy. a little super glue fix it right up though (I've noticed that insufficient glue has been the #1 problem I've had with all Yamato products I've owned)

They are decals that are sold separately i believe, check back on this forum for the thread showing these stickers.

Look at the price listed, though - 12,600 円.

A Hikaru VF-1S with the decals included?

It's gotta be an online exclusive,

because I can't imagine a high number of these being purchased if the price falls between the standard release @ 10,290 円 and the Super/Strike release @ 13,440 円.

Right?

Why not just release the decals separately.................

It might be possible that Yamato just cut a deal for the VF-22S only.

So don't be disappointed if this just turns out to be a one time thing only.

I doubt Bandai is gonna let the VF-19 go that easily its still a popular vf.

However if Yamato has the Dynamite 7 license they might do the VF-19P, and if they do i might pick up the Whaleblood red repaint version.

Look at the price listed, though - 12,600 円.

A Hikaru VF-1S with the decals included?

It's gotta be an online exclusive,

because I can't imagine a high number of these being purchased if the price falls between the standard release @ 10,290 円 and the Super/Strike release @ 13,440 円.

Right?

Why not just release the decals separately.................

I am thinking that they tampo-print it, so you won't scratch it off so easily like regular decals? So they charge it somewhat more expensive.

Personally, I am not interested in these SD characters.

I'm more interested in different paint schemes.

And yes, I'll buy both of the Minmay guards!

I think the 19 Excalibur is coming soon enough, I wouldn't really worry about it. Leave it to Yamato to milk molds, amirite? =P

Of course, the Excal also requires a little more painting than the more bland VF-19 does, which was 99% its own natural mold color.

The main hinderance I see with Yamato putting out a VF-19 past the A (F,S,P or Kai) is that pretty much the entire thing would have to be new molds. Unlike the YF-21 -> VF-22 which only had mostly minor changes to a select few parts, the VF-19F and others feature changes throughout the entire VF from head to toe, nose to tail. I think the only thing they could recycle would be the hands :p

On the other hand, this would be a good opportunity for them to try to slim down the VF further. They also could milk a VF-19 mold a lot more than the YF-19 mold due to all the different variants. So I guess we'll have to see if Yamato wants to put the effort into creating a whole new 19.

Though I'm not a big fan of the 19F and S with the clipped wings and lack of canards, I for one wouldn't mind getting a 19S with super packs.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

It's amusing how the 1:60 YF-19 has aged judging by the many negative comments it is getting in this thread.

I personally think it's a very good Valkyrie. It was my first ever "big money" (aka over 200 usd) mecha purchase. It's basically the mecha that got me into serious high-end collecting and led me to ultimately open a store selling this stuff.

So - in a sense - I'll never forget how blown over I was by the YF-19 1:60 when I saw it; let alone when I got it.

It's been all up hill since then.

I don't see any need to radically alter the sculpt. Although they could make improvements for a VF-19 Fire Vakyrie... I guess...

Still - don't be too rough on the 19 guys :)

Pete

Dang, triple post. after the first month or so of having my YF-21, I stopped having any problem with the guns falling off. (if you push the grey tab in far enough it holds great).

the other day the but of one of the gunpods popped off though, first real problem i've had with the toy. a little super glue fix it right up though (I've noticed that insufficient glue has been the #1 problem I've had with all Yamato products I've owned)

Sucks you have that problem. My YF-21 gun pods stay on fine even with those "blast I think I am going to break something" super packs.

As to the glue problems I totally see that with my YF-19. Just yesterday I had a knee cap pop off and the bicep on one of the arms is split at the seems (it's still attached and working at least).......oh well out comes the modeling glue. ^_^

I totally had misgivings about my YF-21 (because of the price) until I got it. Now it is my favorite valk. The fighter mode looks so cool, like a Northrop yf-23 it was based on. If it wasn't I don't care cause when I first saw Macross plus the YF-22 totally screamed YF-23 to me. I don't know why I always like the losers of the American fighter programs but I do. X-32 looks cool to me too.

Northrop_YF-23_DFRC.jpg

f-23-5.jpg

Boeing_X-32B_Patuxent.jpg

X-32_take-off_crop.jpg

That said it's still going to be painful forking over the cash for a VF-22 after buying a VF-11B. And here thought I was just going to limit myself to a few of the relatively cheap VF-1s this year after my buying spree of the past few months. I think the VT-1 and VF-22 are going to make me commit financial suicide again this year while still have a big grin on my face. :lol: And here I thought I could go and enjoy protein again......damn you Spring and letting it be warm enough to barbecue!!!! ;)

Edited by logos

Sorry Logos, but the X-32 was an ugly duckling. I'm glad the X-33 won.

But, I did prefer the YF-23 somewhat over the YF-22. Too bad the F-22 is on the verge of getting canceled now.

Vostok 7

the X-35 won, the X-33 with the Doritos shaped SSTO that got canceled $1.2 billion into the project <_<

the F-32 would have been cool looking, even if the X-32 looked like a pregnant shark. As for the YF-23, I've never really liked the YF-23 itself but I like a lot of the fictitious fighters that are based off the YF-23 (YF-21, the X-02 from ace combat etc. etc.)

the X-35 won, the X-33 with the Doritos shaped SSTO that got canceled $1.2 billion into the project <_<

the F-32 would have been cool looking, even if the X-32 looked like a pregnant shark. As for the YF-23, I've never really liked the YF-23 itself but I like a lot of the fictitious fighters that are based off the YF-23 (YF-21, the X-02 from ace combat etc. etc.)

X-35 that's what I meant.

So many numbers :wacko:

Vostok 7

I actually very much enjoy the 1/60 YF-19, since its a spectacular rendition of what is an anime magic nightmare. As a kid, when I still had Mac Plus fresh in my memory, I yearned for a YF-19 toy, but was turned away by the 1/72's fat, gap-heavy build. It was basically heart-breaking evidence that my favorite jet fighters could never come into existence. Yet the 1/60 was such a huge leap forward for me that I just had to have it right away. QC issues aside, I think the PT 1/60 was a very impressive representation, and would challenge any toy maker considerably.

i do really like my 1/60 YF-19. it's the one that i catch myself staring at most in my display cab...

it's just that when you see the cool stuff they've done w/ the YF-21/VF-22, VF-11B and they even improved the overall tightness of the re-issue VF-0S... you're kinda hoping they'd make improvements on the 19 too...

heck, i'd be hard pressed to resist if they decided to come out w/ the VF-X2 VF-19A right now even if they didn't make any more improvements... i'll just keep the no. of transformations to a minimum...