yamato's next move

arrow

Yamato must do the VF-4!!! They have no choice ^_^

I've just received the January and February Model Graphix issues with the "Valkyrie Profiles", and the scratchbuild VF-4 is absolutely beautiful!!! I'll post all the scns later!!

Yamato should use this kit as a base for a 1/60 VF-4.

I wonder who was "erased" from this pic, maybe the "Hory Froating Head", or the guy that does the sculpts for Yamato?

Why and who is trying to hide what from us? :lol:

post-557-1235660799_thumb.jpg

I totally agree with you! Thanks for the beautiful pics!

At this point, the Regult and the Glaug absolutely have to be on an itinerary somewhere. My destroids are itching for someone to pick a fight with!

I do not worry about the Regult, because I would bet my whole 1/48 collection on that the revised 1/60 scale idea is to produce the affordable destroids/ regults in a smaller scale (i.e. expected bad sales if they are in 1/48).

Glaug... I am not as sure, I'll probably bet my first-born only.

And personally, I need the reactive armor more than a VF-0D. Yeah, I know I am one of the minorities, and this doesn't fit with the Yamato policy of "milk the mold till hell freezes" either when comparing to releasing a 0D. Still, I want the REACTIVE ARMOR!

I want to see a Regult and Glaug more than anything else. Green Q-rau. Nos-Ger. If they have posable Zentraedi figures, that would be nice. If not, I wouldn't care much, really.

And VF-2SS/SAP and a Metal Siren. And some Mardook powered armor. Fat chance of either, though. :( Might be blasphemy but I always liked the Macross II destroids better, than the originals, even. I love the Phalanx-II (for example) while have never really been fond of the original Phalanx...

Otherwise, I hope they do a new VF-X2 line in 1/60. VF-19A, VF-22S, VF-17D/S.

I want to see a Regult and Glaug more than anything else. Green Q-rau. Nos-Ger. If they have posable Zentraedi figures, that would be nice. If not, I wouldn't care much, really.

And VF-2SS/SAP and a Metal Siren. And some Mardook powered armor. Fat chance of either, though. :( Might be blasphemy but I always liked the Macross II destroids better, than the originals, even. I love the Phalanx-II (for example) while have never really been fond of the original Phalanx...

A Yamato VF-22 or VF-17 would be awesome!

VF-2SS and the Metal Siren, you have good taste Uxi but since Bandai has the license to Macross II and its not blasphemy, I like the series and mecha, I'm not sure Yamato would do these.

However, just slightly off topic, with the new 1/100 scale toys releasing and the VF-2SS on the list, and if its a really good seller, who knows a 1/60 scale could be possible.

• 1 month later...

Will yamato ever gonna do a vf-0d and the reactive armor?? i mean what happened to the line of the macross zero planes. Where is the love for macross zero. I wish they could still continue on this. I mean its really great that they did a revised version of the vf-1 in 1/60 scale but really now. I think they should do something different. the only thing that I saw for a new valk was the vf-11b and the huge macross ship. I wish yamato can pump up something new besides the vf-1's

Indeed still no news for a 1/60 VF-0D :( even though many folks here incldg myself, hv wished for it. Perhaps Graham can throw some little lights for us on this?

Edited by Javabean

Make that VF-17 already. God knows when Bandai will get around to redoing it. Even their 1/100 line is going to release a VF-19 and a bunch more VF-25 variants before they get to anything else.

as for the VF-0D, I really can't believe its taking this long, considering its similarity to the VF-0s, which have been reissued several times now. I expect them to release it, but there really isn't any good reason it should take this long. They could have completed the design for it in between the time it took to change the VF-11's macross kite colors. -_-

They really oughta bolster their VFX line a little, that Koenig is pretty lonely out there. Or hell, finish off the Mac Plus line with a Ghost Fighter. Cheap, easy to produce, and no bigger than the ghost booster pack for the VF-0s.

All wishful thinking though :(

What did Graham say again?

Yamato has three new perfect transformation molds in mind?

1. VF-0D

2. VF-4

3. ?

They also can't touch Macross Seven or Frontier. Right?

What did Graham say again?

Yamato has three new perfect transformation molds in mind?

1. VF-0D

2. VF-4

3. ?

They also can't touch Macross Seven or Frontier. Right?

No Mac7 and no MacF, probebly not MacII either. Graham said something to the effect that there were 3 valks being considered for being the next all new 1/60 VF after the VF-11 comes out. The VF-4 was one of them but graham was pulling for one of the other options.

That most likely means the options are:

1. VF-4

2. VF-17 (under the VF-X/VF-X2 license)

3. ? ? ?

4. PROFIT!

option 3 is likely to be either a VF-5000 or a VF-9. A the VF-17 would be sweet, but a VF-4 would be the coolest ever.

ARGH! VF-3000 belongs in a trash bin along with the 5000 and 9. As for the three new ones to be produced, probably the VF-0D, that odd underwater bomber thing from VF-X2, and VF-4 or 17.

how dare you compare the glorious people's valkyrie the VF-5000 to the 3000??? :lol:

how dare you compare the glorious people's valkyrie the VF-5000 to the 3000??? :lol:

how dare you disrespect the greatness of the VF-3000!?!?!?!

a 1/60 VF-4 would be the best, but I'd take a VF-3000 and/or a VA-3 over a VF-17 or anything else for that matter.

but i remember Graham saying that Yamato will not be making a 1/60 VF-4... not sure but i think it was in the VF100's thread... maybe the 1/200 is all we're going to get...

the statement about it being in the running to be a 1/60 toy is more recent so I'm hopping that's the case

The two of you don't have any taste!!!!!!

:lol:

You say that only now, after people have already reffed METAL SIREN??!? :lol: ;p

PS that Model Graphix VF-4 was horrible, horrible, just horrible. Shape entirely wrong, nothing like the line art or 1/72 kit versions.

PPS just ordered a 1/48 Angel Birds VF-1 from HLJ. Half-price - anyone notice they're having a sale on Yamato toys?

Edited by Kremmen

anyone notice they're having a sale on Yamato toys?

I think we all have noticed. Great sales they have but I would rather them be having more sales on the V.2 1/60s. Only on the Hikaru non-super/strike parts version though.

ARGH! VF-3000 belongs in a trash bin along with the 5000 and 9. As for the three new ones to be produced, probably the VF-0D, that odd underwater bomber thing from VF-X2, and VF-4 or 17.

Blasphemy!!!!

VF-3000 is an awesome design. One of the best IMO. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

One of the best IMO. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Quoted for truth...

why? Because we all love different things. We all know this as well. What I think is god like...my friend Miriya here may think is $hit.

If the VF-4 is out of the question the then they really should make the VF-17.

Afterall they did make the VB-6 so why not more from the line....because other then the VF-0D and reactive armor what other options does Yamato have ?

They can't just keep cranking out VF-1's for eternity either.

As has been stated many times before they can't make the VF-17, VF-19, or VF-22 because Bandai still has the rights to Macross 7. The reason they came out with the VB-6 is because it is scene in VFX-2 and not any anime until Frontier came out, so they can make some of the mechs from the games but nothing directly related to the Mac 7 line. All they have is Zero, Plus, SDF:M, DYRL, and i believe still the game licenses. When you think about it there's not much left in these lines that would be new. Reactive armor and VF-0D, we have the VF-11B coming soon, and that's about it unless the jump into valks that have yet to be seen in any toy form like my long awaited VF-5000!!!!!!

Edited by kanedaestes

As has been stated many times before they can't make the VF-17, VF-19, or VF-22 because Bandai still has the rights to Macross 7. The reason they came out with the VB-6 is because it is scene in VFX-2 and not any anime until Frontier came out, so they can make some of the mechs from the games but nothing directly related to the Mac 7 line. All they have is Zero, Plus, SDF:M, DYRL, and i believe still the game licenses. When you think about it there's not much left in these lines that would be new. Reactive armor and VF-0D, we have the VF-11B coming soon, and that's about it unless the jump into valks that have yet to be seen in any toy form like my long awaited VF-5000!!!!!!

Except that they can and have made the VF-19 (19A) under the game license and they could totally make the VF-17 and VF-22 if they wanted to UNDER THE VF-X AND VF-X2 LICENSES.

Like I said, the next valk will be either VF-4 or the VF-17. maybe a VF-5000 but I hope not (5000 sucks. all about the 3000 and the VA-3)