yamato's next move

arrow

VF-22S!!!

VF-11B repaint!

and... in 2 years time, yamato will get the FRONTIER license.

you may not believe me now, but i will be saying I TOLD YOU SO 2 years from now... :p

I'd place my bets against you, but I sincerely hope you win XD I want Yamato to produce their own 1/60 Frontier lineup as well. Wishful thinking.

Bandai keeping the license is fine. I just hope they make a better looking DX VF-25. I too want Yamato to get the license though.

In fact if Bandai bothers to do it right (like its many other products), I would prefer Bandai to do it.

Better technology, larger economic of scale, hopefully it would be cheaper.

ITS GONNA BE SDF-2!

Maybe we're overlooking things and its not mecha at all. Some sort of large scale singer?

I thought I read somewhere that it was "mechanical".

My wild guess: a GU-11 gunpod toy. The toy lights up, and makes "RRRrrrrrr" sound. :)

Edited by Vifam7

None of those things transform, and the quote posted earlier said "large scale transforming". Stay on target, people!

Vostok 7

oh, but a voice change vf-1s helmet is both large scale and it transforms... your voice.

^_^

But I think it's going to be the SDF-1... unless yamato is gonna do a 1:32 scale vf-1 :lol:

Well, it might not be a Monster, but might it be a Koenig Monster? That would cash in nicely on the Macross Frontier franchise without infringing on Bandai after all :p

Said that. I already said that. <_< No one listened, apparently. I'd love a 1/60 Koenig, even though the only valks I have are 1/48s...

oh, but a voice change vf-1s helmet is both large scale and it transforms... your voice.

^_^

But I think it's going to be the SDF-1... unless yamato is gonna do a 1:32 scale vf-1 :lol:

1/32?! WHERE! I WANT IT NOW! :lol:

And the GU-11 transforms from fighter weapon mode to GERWALK/Battroid weapon mode. :D I'd actually like to see one of those... Am I a child for this?

^_^

LOL... I'd be really disappointed if they turn macross into what transformers has become. Then all the VF-1s will include auto-morph and blinking lights.

If they do a SDF-1 i doubt it'll even come close to being on scale with the 1/60 VF-1s. I'm hoping for the monster as it's still large and easier to match their current line of 1/60 toys. And perhaps they can ride the MF wave as there's a monster in it.

A enemy mech would be a definite change. perhaps i'll have to resort to the old matchbox robotech toys for that :(

Edited by anotheran

If they do a SDF-1 i doubt it'll even come close to being on scale with the 1/60 VF-1s.

:blink:

Could you imagine the beyotching about Yamato's price if they WERE to release a house-sized SDF-1? At least you could live in it, I suppose.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

LOL! Even a 1/200 SDF-1 would be 6m long, i.e. longer than a Hummer H2.

1/1200 (1m long) is about the starting point of possibility.

Even that would be pretty excessive.

I was thinking 1/2500. Wouldn't that be about twice the size of the WAVE (which was 1/5000)? That would bring it to a size just around the largest of the 1/60s or a 1/48 VF-1. Then it would allow them to go with a much nicer level of detail than the WAVE without going nuts in price. Construction would be similar to the Destroid, ABS and POM with healthy amounts of die cast. The SDF-1's transformation is relatively simple compared to most of the valkyries, so more emphasis could be put on materials like with the Destroids. Of course including ARMD 01 and 02 as well as the Daedalus and Prometheus would be compulsory. At that size they could probably even do removable panels to show detail. Then for a cherry on the cake, they could throw in like a couple 1/2500 Oberths with a stand to hold them all.

THAT I would buy, even if it was like $200.

Vostok 7

Could you imagine the beyotching about Yamato's price if they WERE to release a house-sized SDF-1? At least you could live in it, I suppose.

Vostok 7

Given how many people are loosing their homes, Yamato could cash in. I mean - a 1/60 scale SDF-1 would STILL cost way less than even the most depreciated housing unit (unless you count those going for a dollar I guess)...

At the very least, people could probably sell their houses now and buy a 1/60 SDF-1 for the money (would probably be worth the same).

I imagine a 1/60 SDF-1 would sell for as little as 10 to 20 thousand USD - 25 thousand tops.

I'd buy it and live in it.

Of course then I'd NEED Yamato to make me a VF-1S voice changer helment...or at least a Zendradi uniform - then I can be "the last survivor" from the Supervision Army :) That would be fun.

Pete

Well, I'm six feet tall, so, horizontally speaking, only about 10 of me could fit in it if we all lied down? That's a pretty small living quarters. It's like a trailer of something. How tall would it be?

In any case, I have 65 feet easy with just grass - well now snow- trees and stuff on it, so I could just plop it there. Heck, I could even build myself a nice 1/60 Atari Island "city diorama" around it. My 1/60 Yammies would then be able to play... weee that would be fun!

Do it Yamato:) Do it:)

Just make it so that payment can be via a loan and paid back in monthly rates.

Pete

Well, I'm six feet tall, so, horizontally speaking, only about 10 of me could fit in it if we all lied down? That's a pretty small living quarters. It's like a trailer of something. How tall would it be?

In any case, I have 65 feet easy with just grass - well now snow- trees and stuff on it, so I could just plop it there. Heck, I could even build myself a nice 1/60 Atari Island "city diorama" around it. My 1/60 Yammies would then be able to play... weee that would be fun!

Do it Yamato:) Do it:)

Just make it so that payment can be via a loan and paid back in monthly rates.

Pete

I think at that point I'd rather just buy an F-5, park it on my lawn, sit in the cockpit and make whoosh noises.

You know - what I really want is a 1/60 Koenig monster! That would make me really happy :)

Pete

You know, it's not going to happen <_<

But I'd like to be proven wrong!!! It's up there in the list of my favorite mecha, together with the YF-21, VF-1, VF-3000.

I'm very grateful that Yamato made the 1/100 VB-6 and I guess I'm one of the few that likes it ^_^

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

You know, it's not going to happen <_<

But I'd like to be proven wrong!!! It's up there in the list of my favorite mecha, together with the YF-21, VF-1, VF-3000.

I'm very grateful that Yamato made the 1/100 VB-6 and I guess I'm one of the few that likes it ^_^

I don't think people dislike the sculpt.. its more that they disliked the QC and fit issues.

I don't think people dislike the sculpt.. its more that they disliked the QC and fit issues.

I dislike the sculpt. The head/cockpit design is horrible the joints aren't anywhere beefy enough for the weight and the hip design is completely useless for posability and outright broken in terms of getting the wings to mate up with the body as intended in shuttle mode.

I'm really hoping Bandai comes out with their own design

I think the idea of removable panels to show details is a great great idea for the SDF-1.

I just hope the release date is like..December 2009 otherwise I will have to ...I dunno....do something...to afford it :)

Pete

Well, Graham-san has said that it's a "very early sculpt", so it's probably not going to be out any time soon. My wallet breathed a sigh of relief. :lol:

Vostok 7

It would be funny if - by the time the SDF-1 came out - the exchange rate improved and it turned out that counted in non-Yen currencies, we spent more money on our Lyn Minmey statues or on one VF-1 1/60 than on the SDF-1 :)

It actually is possible.. .:)

Pete

It would be funny AWESOME if - by the time the SDF-1 came out - the exchange rate improved and it turned out that counted in non-Yen currencies, we spent more money on our Lyn Minmey statues or on one VF-1 1/60 than on the SDF-1 :)

It actually is possible.. .:)

Pete

fixed. :lol: