yamato's next move

arrow

Graham, I know you can't say anything but nod your head if you think there might be a new paint scheme for the YF-21. The only reason I did not get the 21 is because I hate the blue/gold livery, I would love to see maybe a new unique non canon paint scheme. Just let Yamato know they got a paying customer right here B))

Plus's done in DYRL paint schemes would be cool. It's not cannon so there can't be any licensing issues.

Oh and enemy mecha that are poseable like the destroids.

I'd love to see all three plus valks get low viz paint schemes, maybe each plane get it's own type of scheme, like low viz on one, camou on another and stealth for the yf-21.

oh, and a weapons pack, with different missiles, maybe the daisy cutter for the sv-51, just a grab bag of missiles and bombs.

Edited by eugimon

i am also waiting for the repaint of the yf-21, to finally buy this awsome toy... I was hoping for some orange and white type scheme, or as people are mentioning, a low vis or stealth, but even better is a 25th aniversary type color, to go with my yf-19 and vf-1s same scheme. An alternative would be an army camouflage with blue and white, which may also happen with the sv-51 (graham did say yamato liked the scheme... so its possible for the sv-51, not improbable).

another thing i am waiting for, the reactive armor, JUST to make my vf-0s v1 less fidly :)

Edited by Arthurius

Jumping the Gun

Graham said intereesting "VF-1" repaint.....so why is everyone still bent on Yf-21........4G and others?

it's VF=1

Because everyone's sick of Blue on Gold, when there are even canon schemes (For example, Prototype One (Look it up on the Macross Mecha Manual)) that haven't been exploited.

Because everyone's sick of Blue on Gold, when there are even canon schemes (For example, Prototype One (Look it up on the Macross Mecha Manual)) that haven't been exploited.

the official prototype scheme is butt ugly, and requires a new canopy.

yf-21-prototype-fighter.gif

I acutally would like the "3rd production unit" scheme that was featured in Model graphics magazine in 2003

yf-21-3rd-fighter.jpg

I'd also like to see this or the moon shooters scheme

vf-22a-ssvf-335-fighter.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

It's not just repaints-- like I said, the VF-22S opens up a whole new horizon of possibilities for Yamato.

Maybe. It could be that Yamato is circumventing the rules a bit by not specifically attaching a Mac7 character (ie. Gamlin) to the VF-22. We'll see if they specifically called it a "Gamlin type" or not.

Or

It could be that Bandai is allowing Yamato to go ahead with Macross 7 Valkyries so long as it doesn't impede their own plans. This kind of thing happens quite often in business (esp. it seems, between Japanese companies)

With VF-1 E,D,Ts , VF-11B and now a VF-22 I think Yamato is determined to never allow me to save up enough money to buy a VF-25 DX........... :lol:

Edited by logos

Maybe. It could be that Yamato is circumventing the rules a bit by not specifically attaching a Mac7 character (ie. Gamlin) to the VF-22. We'll see if they specifically called it a "Gamlin type" or not.

Or

It could be that Bandai is allowing Yamato to go ahead with Macross 7 Valkyries so long as it doesn't impede their own plans. This kind of thing happens quite often in business (esp. it seems, between Japanese companies)

Hmm I guess-- the shop taking pre-orders is listing it as a Gamlin Kizaki custom though, with engrish mispelling and calling it Gamrin :p And I can't think of why they'd do that unless they were told that it is a Gamlin type from their supplier--or they have a Mac7D fan working for them.

Personally I hope it's the latter--- it opens up the opportunity for Yamato to move on to MacF after Bandai has moved on to Gundam: Alien Invasion (aka Gundam 00 Movie) and other exciting Gundam series.

As to those wondering about the YF-19 recolours, am I the only one seeing similarities with the F-15 prototype and the F-15 S/MTD?

745px-F-15A_first_prototype_2.jpg

YAM00172_b.jpg

F15smtd02.jpg

YAM00173_b.jpg

Personally, I'm all over the first white/orange scheme like white on rice, and will consider the second one if I have spare cash.

Wonder if there is any future for non-canon repaints, first reactions seem to favour the VF-22S heavily over the new VF-19 repaints.

The 19 repaints are odd. I don't see them having the widespread appeal of, say, the VF-1 "low vis" or "stealth" paint schemes. I'm not big on either of them. They're not bad, just not...I dunno, all that interesting to me. I'd love a 19 repaint, just not those.

The 19 repaints are odd. I don't see them having the widespread appeal of, say, the VF-1 "low vis" and "stealth"...

This is exactly how the LV.1 started out. No one cared for the paint scheme and vendors couldn't get rid of them at $75.00, until for some odd reason everyone was clamoring for one and was willing to pay upto $600 just to own one.

The Stealth on the other hand is another story. It mainly depends if it's the SS type, if not it still ends up being a "shelf warmer."

But only time will tell.

Definitely picking up the orange/white YF-19.

Now if they had painted it red(or yellow) instead of orange, it would have made a nice Hikaru (or Roy) version.

If the VF-22 is any sign, here's hoping Yamato has the Mac7 license for a possible VF-17 and VF-19. :]

Then in a few years once the Frontier license has been passed on, we might get some proper 1/60 VF-25/27 valks! Not like those sloppy, QC ridden chunkies which are out now.

One can dream...

you know what... If Yamato is allowed to release VFs from M7 or whatever... as long as they are not canon schemes or belong to show-specific pilots... Then they should go ahead and do that. I'll buy them anyway, since I couldn't care less about any of the pilots in M7 or MFrontier anyway. Bring on all your non-canon variants (of VF-19s and VF-17s especially); it's better than getting DXes or VF100s. Besides, some canon schemes just aren't all that great anyway.

Edited by Cent