yamato's next move

arrow

Does Yamato need a special license to do the Minmei guard schemes? Does Hasegawa own those?

Here is an idea for YAMATO, a VF-1 DIY (Do it yourself) figure, all white, with no tampo printing, comes with stickers and decals, and with all the heads, A, D, J, S, and a plain white pilot. Then we get to have the fun to paint them up and decal them how we want. Would anyone go for that? I would.

Here is an idea for YAMATO, a VF-1 DIY (Do it yourself) figure, all white, with no tampo printing, comes with stickers and decals, and with all the heads, A, D, J, S, and a plain white pilot. Then we get to have the fun to paint them up and decal them how we want. Would anyone go for that? I would.

MacrossWorld Members say, "That's an awesome idea."

Yamato says, "Fcuk no!! How the hell are we to make more money from you infantile and naive, dolts?

As boring and plain as it may be, I would be all over an all-white valk with no marking other than the UN Spacy kites. In fact this is something I've wanted for a while. Half the reason I like Max's TV 1A is because it's almost all white when viewed from the top in fighter mode.

As to those wondering about the YF-19 recolours, am I the only one seeing similarities with the F-15 prototype and the F-15 S/MTD?
No, members here called it once they saw the YF-19 hasegawa kits painted in Super Nova schemes in the hobby mags years back.

MacrossWorld Members say, "That's an awesome idea."

Yamato says, "Fcuk no!! How the hell are we to make more money from you infantile and naive, dolts?

Kawamori says "Brown/tan what? No, no, it really is grey..yes grey.."

you know what... If Yamato is allowed to release VFs from M7 or whatever... as long as they are not canon schemes or belong to show-specific pilots... Then they should go ahead and do that. I'll buy them anyway, since I couldn't care less about any of the pilots in M7 or MFrontier anyway. Bring on all your non-canon variants (of VF-19s and VF-17s especially); it's better than getting DXes or VF100s. Besides, some canon schemes just aren't all that great anyway.

I'm all for a canon Blazer Valkyrie so long as it does not have the weak points of the YF-19(breakage areas, if it is retooled to be more durable then HELL YEA!).

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

No offense, but the VF-2SS looks like a demented VF thats about to fall to pieces. Hate me.

I guess it can be one of the few Yamato products where hideous gaps are acceptable.

Edited by Cent

A VF-19 (Blazer or Fire) is alot more work to make then a VF-22 since its just a couple of things different from the 21, but we can always hope.

Im wondering, since yamato is doing the 22 from Dynamite, might we see some commercial Vf-1's and whale hunter customs ?

VF-1's with harpoons FTW :lol:

No offense, but the VF-2SS looks like a demented VF thats about to fall to pieces. Hate me.

I guess it can be one of the few Yamato products where hideous gaps are acceptable.

None taken, but its amazing how so many of other Valk's get even a chance to be appreciated and yet this one is just a WTF? in some peoples eyes.

1/60 Scale VF-2SS + SAP. Bandai will never make one, So let YAMATO do it and make it Accurate!! You know you'd want one Canon or no Canon!!
And Yamato will? I hope they do but years ago they told Graham that they probably wouldn't. Maybe if the licensing dispute was actually, well, ya know, FINISHED over here and they could cater to us, yet even so, are we enough of an audience to even cater to for such an obscure design?

Again I hope we will see a PT 1/60 VF-2SS and even a VF-2JA(come on I can't be the only guy that liked the design) as well as a Metal Siren, however I think it's unlikely. Most of it depends on how well received the Macross II mecha designs are in Japan. Are they popular in Japan? I'm talking aside from Kawamori. Do fans want toys of those?

Maybe but I wouldn't know.

Blasphemy! /calls the Macross inquisition :p

lol jk, Yep, that massive SAP rail gun would fall apart in atmospheric manuevers :p ... but I love the non-SAP version of the valk, design wise it's a bit of the old and the new combined.

i'd definitelty love to see the yf-21 in a different paint scheme

my guess is that yamato can go all in to make kick-ass, non-canon paint schemes

with the non vf-1 molds that they already have

this would avoid license issues i guess

YF-19

YF-21

VF-11B

VF-0

SV-51 (already has 3 schems to it, unlikely i guess)

I'm late.

VF-0 has 3 schemes too. I hope the repaints are the blue supernova scheme for 19 and a orange supernova scheme for 21. A VF-19A Raven scheme would be awesome too. B))

And Yamato will? I hope they do but years ago they told Graham that they probably wouldn't. Maybe if the licensing dispute was actually, well, ya know, FINISHED over here and they could cater to us, yet even so, are we enough of an audience to even cater to for such an obscure design?

Again I hope we will see a PT 1/60 VF-2SS and even a VF-2JA(come on I can't be the only guy that liked the design) as well as a Metal Siren, however I think it's unlikely. Most of it depends on how well received the Macross II mecha designs are in Japan. Are they popular in Japan? I'm talking aside from Kawamori. Do fans want toys of those?

Maybe but I wouldn't know.

Glad to know someone else likes the VF-2JA design!! If they are popular in Japan, I'm not too sure, but for the wrong reasons Mac II got a really really bad reputation and hence the mecha designs have been dumped on a bit!! But everyone is cool to have their own opinion!!

Fortunately "Ghost Train" I don't think the SAP rail gun would ever be used in the atmosphere, or the Pilot would be chewed out by superior for that!!

But I say again, WHERE IS MY 1/60 VF-0D & VF-4 YAMATO?????

Edited by 505thAirborne

While I thought the VF-2SS battroid looked decent enough, I'm not sure I ever liked the fighter mode that much.

To tell the truth, I don't know why, but I actually liked the VF-XX design better.

Also, am I the only person that thinks the metal siren is second only to the VA-3 Invader in ugliness? >.>

VF-0D, VF-4 and one more VF (I'm not saying which) are on the short list for the next 1/60 PT Valk, to be released next year.

VF-4 is currently least favorite though, so VF-4 fans don't get your hopes up too high.

Graham

vf-5000, it's okay you can say it. vf-5000.

I don't hate the VF-4. But it's never really appealed to me either. There's lots of other VFs I'd prefer to see made before the VF-4.

While I'd like to say I have that much influence at Yamato, I doubt what I say will effect their final decision too much in the end.

Graham

VF-0D, VF-4 and one more VF (I'm not saying which) are on the short list for the next 1/60 PT Valk, to be released next year.

VF-4 is currently least favorite though, so VF-4 fans don't get your hopes up too high.

Graham

Let me guess, VF-0D is the front runner as it would require the least new tooling, fallowed by the unnamed valk which I bet is a VF-17. The VF-17 would be more expensive to develop, but can capitalize on the success of Frontier by virtue of being similar to the VF-171. additionally the VF-17 features predominantly in Mac7 which is like it or not the largest chunk of Macross cannon.

In other words the VF-4 is getting shafted do to lack of screen time... how disappointing. <_<

:edits:

Also, am I the only person that thinks the metal siren is second only to the VA-3 Invader in ugliness? >.>

yes you are, the Metal siren is the worst looking valk ever, and the VA-3 is bitchin' and should not be disrespected.

vf-5000, it's okay you can say it. vf-5000.

no, please no, just no... can we have something that isn't tiny AND looks like crap PLEASE!?!?

Edited by anime52k8

...and one more VF (I'm not saying which) are on the short list for the next 1/60 PT Valk, to be released next year.

Graham

is it you cant say which VF, bcos if you say it might just have some undesired effect on the sales of another 1/60 VF product currently in the market right now? :p js kidding

anyway, looking into the nearer future, a good repaint of the VF-11B cant be too far away :)

I don't hate the VF-4. But it's never really appealed to me either. There's lots of other VFs I'd prefer to see made before the VF-4. While I'd like t

The VF-0D and the unnamed valk might be easier to design as a perfect transformation toy and to tool up, than the VF-4. It's probably more difficult to maintain the sleekness/slender of the VF-4's fighter mode(one of it's key aspects) while keeping it PT compared to retooling the current VF-0A mold with new wings, vertical stabilizers, and cockpit.

In other words the VF-4 is getting shafted do to lack of screen time... how disappointing.

Doubt it, it's not like the VF-22S Gamlin Custom was onscreen much either. Also this year is the 15th anniversary of Macross 7, so that might have something to do with the 22S release.

yes you are, the Metal siren is the worst looking valk ever, and the VA-3 is bitchin' and should not be disrespected.

Metal Siren was awesome.

I hope that the third unmentioned Valk is the VF-3000 though I also like the VF-5000 though just not as much as the 3000.

But yeah, thank you Graham for "nearly confirming" the VF-0D and VF-4. That is very good news.

The VF-4 will happen. It's just a matter of time. It's not only MW's most requested, it's also oft requested by many Japanese fans.

Wild guess at the mystery 1/60 PT Valk mentioned by Graham -> VF-9. Only because Kawamori said he said he wanted to see a PT toy of it.