yamato's next move

arrow

2.5 to 3-foot long TV-STYLE SDF-1.

The namesake of the franchise needs to be an imposing sight for the eyes, towering/lording over all of its offspring and charges.

Since I'm nearing the end of my mecha collecting, only this (and maybe some 1/60 Regults) would pull me out of semi-retirement.

Well - yeah - Yamato need to make a TV style SDF-1. That's for sure. But I just don't know how they'll remain faithful to their "1/60" Philosophy with that.

Also - rather than the GN-U line being full of mecha - it would be nice if Yamato made the characters that Kayodo seems to be taking its' sweet time with.

I'd buy Yamato poseable figures of Misa, Minmey and the others.

Heck - they can even start with the DYRL designs.

Pete

Also - rather than the GN-U line being full of mecha - it would be nice if Yamato made the characters that Kayodo seems to be taking its' sweet time with.

Honestly, I would rather see the the chraracters covered with Revoltech, and the GN-U sticking with mecha, since I think that is each's series strong suit.

I do wish Yamato persue doing Macross Zero vehicles in the GN-U...there are just not enough toys from that series. For what it's worth I can realistically see Kaiyodo producing them as well.

Honestly, I would rather see the the chraracters covered with Revoltech, and the GN-U sticking with mecha, since I think that is each's series strong suit.

I do wish Yamato persue doing Macross Zero vehicles in the GN-U...there are just not enough toys from that series. For what it's worth I can realistically see Kaiyodo producing them as well.

Oh yes.. Octos please!

That would be an awesome concept for Mac Zero toys, especially if all the VF-0's & SV-51's were made and in each individual mode. I'd buy those!!!

Well - yeah - Yamato need to make a TV style SDF-1. That's for sure. But I just don't know how they'll remain faithful to their "1/60" Philosophy with that.

Of course not, but it's an outright shame that no toy company has made a large-scale, updated version of the franchise's signature ship (strict adherence to the 1/60 scale be damned!).

Yeah, I know we have the smaller Wave version. But I want something with enough heft and enough gravitas to show the casual observer that this ship, this robot is the head honcho.

Heck, it's pretty damn shameful that we have the Macross Quarter coming out soon, but no original Macross anywhere on the horizon (not that I have anything against the Macross Quarter being produced, mind you ;) ).

With the length of the main guns being a factor, the SDF-1's definitely gotta be between 2.5 feet and 3 feet long to fit my personal criteria.

I've been thinking about this, and I see a problem:

Yamato is backing itself into a corner.

Once they are done milking the V2 1/60s, what do they have left to do? I mean, there's some non-canon VF-1 schemes they can (and I hope they) do, and they could do some non-canon schemes on the 2 seaters (which I hope they make every one, considering there's only 4 models to do (VF-1D, VT-1, VE-1, VFER-1) and they sacrificed battroid accuracy on the single seat VF-1s for easy engineering of the two seaters)... But after that what's left? The only other thing in the pipeline (that we know about) is the 1/60 VF-11 (which so far is disappointing because of the lack of tailfins). Then there's the destroids, after the Tomahawk, Defender, Spartan, Phalanx, Cheyenne 1 and 2, what's left? Maybe the Octos, and maybe the Monster (I wouldn't hold my breath for either, especially in 1/60), but that's about it.

Especially with them releasing V2 1/60s sooooo quickly. I hope they've got something planned because they are going to run out of things to do with Macross pretty quick if they aren't careful!

Vostok 7

I've been thinking about this, and I see a problem:

Yamato is backing itself into a corner.

Once they are done milking the V2 1/60s, what do they have left to do? I mean, there's some non-canon VF-1 schemes they can (and I hope they) do, and they could do some non-canon schemes on the 2 seaters (which I hope they make every one, considering there's only 4 models to do (VF-1D, VT-1, VE-1, VFER-1) and they sacrificed battroid accuracy on the single seat VF-1s for easy engineering of the two seaters)... But after that what's left? The only other thing in the pipeline (that we know about) is the 1/60 VF-11 (which so far is disappointing because of the lack of tailfins). Then there's the destroids, after the Tomahawk, Defender, Spartan, Phalanx, Cheyenne 1 and 2, what's left? Maybe the Octos, and maybe the Monster (I wouldn't hold my breath for either, especially in 1/60), but that's about it.

Especially with them releasing V2 1/60s sooooo quickly. I hope they've got something planned because they are going to run out of things to do with Macross pretty quick if they aren't careful!

Vostok 7

From various anime licenses,

VF-0B,C,D

VF-4

VF-11B Booster

From VF-X2 license,

VA-3 Invader

VF-11 Protect Armour

VF-17

VF-19A

VF-22

More Obscure VFs

VF-9

VF-3000

VF-5000

And that's just off the top of my head. I don't really see a problem here!

From various anime licenses,

VF-0B,C,D

VF-4

VF-11B Booster

From VF-X2 license,

VA-3 Invader

VF-11 Protect Armour

VF-17

VF-19A

VF-22

More Obscure VFs

VF-9

VF-3000

VF-5000

And that's just off the top of my head. I don't really see a problem here!

Oh, I know there's stuff they CAN do, but unless they're working on most of those NOW, we ain't seeing anything for some time. The VF-0D/B/C could be turned out relatively quickly, but they've showed no sign of working on it. The rest of your list (other than the VF-11, -21/22 & -19 variants) will have to be engineered mostly from scratch... Remember how long it took them to get the 1/60 YF-19 done? Geez. And I thought indications were they don't have the VF-X2 license anymore? (But they DID do those VF-X2 colored figures recently) As far as the VF-4, Graham-san stated that they told him they have no plans for a 1/60 version any time soon. Combine that with the fact the 1/48 line is dead means that they're only making a 1/200 one in the mini line. If they were truthful with Graham, that means they aren't even engineering one yet which is the most time consuming part of coming up with a new toy.

They just haven't shown us anything or given any indication of what they've got down the pipeline beyond the current lines.

Vostok 7

Man, I don't even care about the arms/shoulders... I JUST WANT A 0D!

You say that now!! Wait til you shell out around $200.00 dollars or so shipped for one to have the arms or shoulders shatter!! Trust me, it will matter that the arms are redesigned or positively fixed!! ;)

For without doubt the VF-0's are some the best designed fighters of the Macross series, Its a shame they have this reputation still!! B))

All in 1/60 of course:

-VF-4

-VF-2SS

-VF-2JA

-1/3000 SDF-1 TV & DYRL

-some one bashes Robotech

-Zentradi battle pods

-Zentradi Fighter plane from the TV series (forgot its official name)

-More enemy mecha

-1/3000 Macross cannon

-Metal Siren

You say that now!! Wait til you shell out around $200.00 dollars or so shipped for one to have the arms or shoulders shatter!! Trust me, it will matter that the arms are redesigned or positively fixed!! ;)

For without doubt the VF-0's are some the best designed fighters of the Macross series, Its a shame they have this reputation still!! B))

All in 1/60 of course:

-VF-4

-VF-2SS

-VF-2JA

-1/3000 SDF-1 TV & DYRL

-some one bashes Robotech

-Zentradi battle pods

-Zentradi Fighter plane from the TV series (forgot its official name)

-More enemy mecha

-1/3000 Macross cannon

-Metal Siren

Unfortunately, I doubt the VF-2s or the Metal Siren will ever be done in our lifetimes :lol:

And someone bashes Robotech.

Vostok 7

Well I agree that Macross II is a bandai license after all, but since they have no love for it, maybe Yamato would adopt there mecha design's and say what the hell, a VF-2SS+SAP and Metal Siren in 1/60, it would be a huge seller!! You don't have to love the OVA, but the Valkyries are awesome!!

And everytime someone bashes Robotech, an angel gets its wings!! B))

Well I agree that Macross II is a bandai license after all, but since they have no love for it, maybe Yamato would adopt there mecha design's and say what the hell, a VF-2SS+SAP and Metal Siren in 1/60, it would be a huge seller!! You don't have to love the OVA, but the Valkyries are awesome!!

And everytime someone bashes Robotech, an angel gets its wings!! B))

Bandai will probably sit on the license till Kingdom come, doing nothing with it ;)

Which nonsense are you referring too?

That Bandai only cares about Gundam. While it is very disappointing that Bandai has never supported MacII with any kind merchandise (save one model kit), we need to be fair in regards to that situation. Hopefully, the VF-2SS will soon be released as part of the VF100s line.

Anyway, since this is a Yamato thread, a Gnerl fighter pod would certainly be something interesting. Of all the enemy mecha, it's one of the coolest looking. It certainly can't be that hard to make.

Edited by Vifam7

Sorry about that, I guess I should have worded that differently, But true if it is part of the 1/100 scale line at least, I'll be happy with that!! B))

Most of my books are all packed away still, The Gnerl fighter pod is the one I was thinking of the other day, I always wondered why that one has never been made into a toy yet??? If Yamato would consider it for 1/60 scale, that would awesome!! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

How about a mass produced version of my custom SV-51 ;)

Chris

I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!! YAMATO PLEASE!!!

Heck, I wouldn't mind them releasing a whole slew of 'Real World' non-canon SV-51s. With Russian stars please :D

Vostok 7