yamato's next move

arrow

Mass-Produced custom SV-51: On my list now!

The Zentraedi need more love. All they got's a few crappy Q-raus.... Not even a Regult or Gnerl.

Here's the perfect move for Yamato: PRICE CUTS! PRICE CUTS! Here at Crazy Yamato's, we got 1/60s, 1/48s, and even 1/100s! Look at this here beaut'! 2007 1/48 VF-1S 25th Anniversary! Slightly used, she went for durn near $200 at the time of her release! Now, she's acclaimed to $150! But if you come now, we'll give her to ya fer just $99.99! Come to Crazy Yamato's, where the prices are CRAZY low! *Fires two pistols in the air*

How's that for a cliche?

Here's the perfect move for Yamato: PRICE CUTS! PRICE CUTS! Here at Crazy Yamato's, we got 1/60s, 1/48s, and even 1/100s! Look at this here beaut'! 2007 1/48 VF-1S 25th Anniversary! Slightly used, she went for durn near $200 at the time of her release! Now, she's acclaimed to $150! But if you come now, we'll give her to ya fer just $99.99! Come to Crazy Yamato's, where the prices are CRAZY low! *Fires two pistols in the air*

How's that for a cliche?

HOW LOOOWWWW CAN WE GO?!?!?! YF-21s FOR $175! DESTROIDS $55, YOUR CHOICE!! THE GOVERNMENT TOLD US WE'RE DAAAAAANGEROUSLY OVERSTOCKED ON MACROSS TOYS!

Vostok 7

That Bandai only cares about Gundam. While it is very disappointing that Bandai has never supported MacII with any kind merchandise (save one model kit), we need to be fair in regards to that situation. Hopefully, the VF-2SS will soon be released as part of the VF100s line.

Anyway, since this is a Yamato thread, a Gnerl fighter pod would certainly be something interesting. Of all the enemy mecha, it's one of the coolest looking. It certainly can't be that hard to make.

bandai cares about making money. If they start to think that the macross community can support a broad range of products like Gundam, then they'll do it. end of story.

Mechandising! MerchanDISING! MERCHANDISING!

Frontier has had excellent Blu-ray/DVD, OST, plamo, and now toy sales. With a new movie on the way Bandai's going to start showing Macross more respect in the future.

Mechandising! MerchanDISING! MERCHANDISING!

Frontier has had excellent Blu-ray/DVD, OST, plamo, and now toy sales. With a new movie on the way Bandai's going to start showing Macross more respect in the future.

The 1/100 line is a good start. Let's just hope it lives up to the hype, and that they actually do at LEAST all the Valks they are hoping to.

Vostok 7

Once they are done milking the V2 1/60s, what do they have left to do?

I wouldn't be surprised if they make the VF-9. This is a movie year, and Kawamori has expressed his desire for someone to make a toy of it. I don't think some tiny 1/200 scale toy will be enough for him, it certainly isn't for any of us. You have a lot of fans that still want a 1/60 VF-0D. There is already the grey cannon fodder paint job in the anime too, so bam instant repaint. Then the Super Nova YF-19 repaints that we have yet to see. 1/60 VFX-2 VF-19A and VF-11B. TV Q Rau. Glaug. A ton of other stuff. This is a movie year, and we can expect much more stuff between now and summer/fall 2010 than previous years, because a movie is coming out this summer. Brand recognition does a lot of good things for all of us, I think we will see a ton of stuff from Yamato this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make the VF-9. This is a movie year, and Kawamori has expressed his desire for someone to make a toy of it. I don't think some tiny 1/200 scale toy will be enough for him, it certainly isn't for any of us. You have a lot of fans that still want a 1/60 VF-0D. There is already the grey cannon fodder paint job in the anime too, so bam instant repaint. Then the Super Nova YF-19 repaints that we have yet to see. 1/60 VFX-2 VF-19A and VF-11B. TV Q Rau. Glaug. A ton of other stuff. This is a movie year, and we can expect much more stuff between now and summer/fall 2010 than previous years, because a movie is coming out this summer. Brand recognition does a lot of good things for all of us, I think we will see a ton of stuff from Yamato this year.

I hope so.

On the plus side for your VF-9 theory, it has a relatively simple toy-friendly transformation. It's complicated, for sure, but shouldn't be difficult to engineer.

I hope we see a TV Q-Rau and a Glaug. A standard Glaug would lead well into a Variable Glaug ^_^

Vostok 7

Here's a question that would be good to know, if someone knows or if Graham-san could ask Yamato...

Do non-canon paint schemes require Big West's approval? I know that the initial designs do (whenever Yamato designs a new product, like the new VF-11B for instance), but do they have to get re-approval for every paint scheme, or do they get basically free reign? Seems like they are cranking out 1/60 V2 and Destroid paint schemes so quick that they probably are free, but especially non-canon schemes is what I'm wondering about.

Vostok 7

• 3 weeks later...

Ultimate Scale SDF-1: 1/1000

It could be a simple diecast skeletal system with two separate snap-on armor sets...sort of like the old Dougram mecha figures from the early 80s. One to make the original blue and white TV version and a second to make the DYRL version. And it would have to include 1 Prometheus, 1 Daedalus and 2 ARMD carriers to attach as arms. The ship's "skeleton" could be completely transformable, but appear relatively undefined and blocky, allowing for easy application of armor parts. For example, the ship's bow/main cannon booms would be nothing more than rectangular blocks that you could afix either the TV or DYRL style cannon tips onto it, etc.

Of course something like this would probably run every bit of $400 US...

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

I am glad that I am not alone!

The VF-3000 reminds me of a cross between a VF-1 and Starscream or something like that.

I like the 3000... But the 5000 is better...

0D For sure!

Your not alone!!!!

The VF-3000 is number 2 in my top 5 list of VF's ^_^

1. SW-XA1

2. VF-3000

3. VF-1

4. YF-21

5. YF-19/SV-51

List of must-makes:

1: VF-0D

2: VF-5000

3: VF-3000

4: VF-4

5: VF-27*

*However, I'll have to settle for the eventual chunky...

I love the VF-3000;

VF-3000 > VF-5000

Ultimate Scale SDF-1: 1/1000

It could be a simple diecast skeletal system with two separate snap-on armor sets...sort of like the old Dougram mecha figures from the early 80s. One to make the original blue and white TV version and a second to make the DYRL version. And it would have to include 1 Prometheus, 1 Daedalus and 2 ARMD carriers to attach as arms. The ship's "skeleton" could be completely transformable, but appear relatively undefined and blocky, allowing for easy application of armor parts. For example, the ship's bow/main cannon booms would be nothing more than rectangular blocks that you could afix either the TV or DYRL style cannon tips onto it, etc.

Of course something like this would probably run every bit of $400 US...

I'm all for that, but in a little more reasonable scale ^_^

Vostok 7

Well, if I had to make a list of Valkyrie and Macross wants, it'd definitely be:

1)VF-4

2)VA-3

3)VF-0D

4)1/60 Regult

5)VF-2SS

I doubt we'll ever see the VA-3, but it's such an abstract Valkyrie, it would be damn cool in it's own right.

I'm all for that, but in a little more reasonable scale ^_^

Vostok 7

Yeah...you're right, its NOT reasonable at all. I just crunched the numbers on a 1/1000 scale SDF-1. It'd be a ship almost 4 feet (just a tad over 3 feet 11 inches, IIRC) in length. :blink: I didn't realize it'd grow to such mammoth proportions at 1/1000. I'm gonna say 1/3000 would be a much more managable scale. And the price on such an exhorbitant item---knowing Yamato---would be well into the $1000 to $1200 range.

My wife is a fairly petite 5'1" German gal who'd probably take issue with us having an Attack Mode battlefortress in the house standing nearly as tall as she is... :lol:

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

Yeah...you're right, its NOT reasonable at all. I just crunched the numbers on a 1/1000 scale SDF-1. It'd be a ship almost 4 feet (just a tad over 3 feet 11 inches, IIRC) in length. :blink: I didn't realize it'd grow to such mammoth proportions at 1/1000. I'm gonna say 1/3000 would be a much more managable scale. And the price on such an exhorbitant item---knowing Yamato---would be well into the $1000 to $1200 range.

My wife is a fairly petite 5'1" German gal who'd probably take issue with us having an Attack Mode battlefortress in the house standing nearly as tall as she is... :lol:

There used to be a Robotech cardboard SDF-1 that stood that tall, given, it was in cruiser mode... I say RT because I've never seen the box it comes in without the RT logo...

1/200 Scale FTW! It'll go with MT's Daedelus!

Did I say this before?:

Make the 1/60 Regult already!!!

Gosh, you already did 2 versions of the 1/60 VF-1!!

I don't believe Zentran mecha toys with contemporary technology would not sell, although maybe Yamato don't want to develop any new toolings in 2009, so all we are getting are all kinds of repaints and mods of the VF-1 (but we do get a new VF-1 in the GN-U line...weird)