The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

Based on my quick glance yesterdax, while checking the box contents in the shop, I suspect that the individual turret guns may be capable of some limited degree of movement, which may explain why in some pics they where not aligned properly.

Awesome. I wonder why they have not played up that detail before.

holy!! i'm getting two of these! this must be the best looking toy i've ever seen. Plus it comes with all those little "figures" you can make your own scene.

they should make more little character for purchase, such as vf-17 and vf-25 transformed. i'd buy that too.

Enjoy!

Considering its size, that robot form's poseability is pretty amazing. Looks like no stands needed for holding the flight deck and gun, either, which is pretty awesome.

Now we just need confirmation if the one in the video was just not locked together properly or something, resulting in it sagging, because it seems to have zero problems with sagging joints outside of cruiser mode...

picture are looking fantastic. Can someone give us some quick reviews, + points and -points. Once i have this info, as well as see actual production pictures of the vf-22 MAX and vf-11-C, i will chose one of the 3. But honestly, this one looking like a definate contestant...

I think the pics speak for themselves mostly.

The only complaint I have for the Quarter is that the shoulders are tight as a v... very tight shoulder.

So tight that I hesitated for 15 minutes to read the manual again and again to make sure they are supposed to be rotated.

Enjoy!

Looking at just the scale and poseability of this thing, I will probably pick it up even though I'm not a fan of the Macross Frontier toys. I love big scale Macross stuff which is I am still loving my 1/48 Valks. If only we could get an SDF-1 like this...that would be amazing! :ph34r:

Enjoy!

Thanks for the pics and for your impressions. Shoulders as tight as a... tight shoulder!!! ;)

I just payed for mine at HLJ and from the email i received it seems i'll be getting the "Macross Quarter Development Data Collection" pamphlet. Sweet. Can't wait for this one to arrive though, if my figures are correct, i'll probably only be getting it next year. I got my EX-Gear last week... after 3 months in the mail. Not HLJ's fault though. It came by Airmail, it got caught up in my country's amazing costums service and, due to an unexplained phenomenon, it took them over a month to notify me of that. Hopefully since this is an EMS only package, it won't take that long.

And finaly, on a totally unrelated and off-topic matter, respect for the beautifull Brittany Murphy. Just like Heath Ledger, she'll be missed.

Edited by westfall

@ff95

does it look like it might get floppy w/ repeated transformations just like the DX VF-25s?... the hips in particular...

it definitely looks like something fun to play with...

and... as tight as a v. v. ...lol :rolleyes:

Edited by m0n5t3r

I think the pics speak for themselves mostly.

The only complaint I have for the Quarter is that the shoulders are tight as a v... very tight shoulder.

So tight that I hesitated for 15 minutes to read the manual again and again to make sure they are supposed to be rotated.

Thanks for the pics! If I may ask, how are the arms in cruiser mode? Do they sag without the supports, or are they tight and stable enough to swoosh around the room?

You'll need the stand for the arms in cruiser mode. The elbows are okay and not loose, but the arms are really too heavily to hang it on their own.

I must say the design makes the arms attached very well already, but you just can't fight gravity.

The shoulders... It's not in the "frontal" direction (what should I call that?) which is the v-tight part. It's ratcheted sideways IIRC.

The knee joints are ratcheted too. I think so is the leg joints... Sorry, I have bad memories.

What I really like to know are the actual dimensions of the cruiser and attack mode in the anime. I have found 2 different sizes; or do we just speculate on the actual dimensions of the Quarter? I have scales varying from 1/700 to 1/1000 with regards to the DX. This will decided whether I'd buy one or not. Anyone can help with some feedback?

For example; is it about 400m long in cruise mode or the actual 472m I read in the compendium?

What I really like to know are the actual dimensions of the cruiser and attack mode in the anime. I have found 2 different sizes; or do we just speculate on the actual dimensions of the Quarter? I have scales varying from 1/700 to 1/1000 with regards to the DX. This will decided whether I'd buy one or not. Anyone can help with some feedback?

For example; is it about 400m long in cruise mode or the actual 472m I read in the compendium?

472m is the size in ship mode. The 400m-figure has, as much as I've read, is the size-class of MQ. For example, the Guantánamo class ARMD carriers are also in the 400m-class because its size is... ~400m. ;)

Can't answer you there as the Quarter I'm playing with feels solid, sturdy, and very nicely constructed. I love this thing.

Now you remind me. I always think the SDF (and its decendents) looks familiar somehow since I was a kid.

So it looks like a Christmas tree to me! Tall, towering, blinking with lights...

No wonder I feel happy looking at it.

Now you remind me. I always think the SDF (and its decendents) looks familiar somehow since I was a kid.

So it looks like a Christmas tree to me! Tall, towering, blinking with lights...

No wonder I feel happy looking at it.

:lol: If only I had a tiny angel or star to put on it's head.