The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

pre-ordered this from way back, but now i'm hesitating.

it really looks nice, but i find the color a tad too light and more toy-like.

is there anything to suggest Bandai will pull a Wave and release a darker version later?

not familiar with the non-macross DX line so not sure if there were precedents.

i'm wondering how many people are on the fence as i am.

pre-ordered this from way back, but now i'm hesitating.

it really looks nice, but i find the color a tad too light and more toy-like.

is there anything to suggest Bandai will pull a Wave and release a darker version later?

not familiar with the non-macross DX line so not sure if there were precedents.

i'm wondering how many people are on the fence as i am.

Same here, I has mention this a few times in this form.

I do think the color is too light in the recent photos they release.

I will wait and see if the Quarter has a different color in the movie... <_<

Am I missing something?

The latest pics don't look like the white and baby blue that the pics from a few pages ago had. It looks more like a middle ground between the original prototype and the baby blue one where the blue is more of a darker blue with some tinge of gray mixed in and overall looks darker colored but not quite as dark as the original proto.

Am I missing something?

The latest pics don't look like the white and baby blue that the pics from a few pages ago had. It looks more like a middle ground between the original prototype and the baby blue one where the blue is more of a darker blue with some tinge of gray mixed in and overall looks darker colored but not quite as dark as the original proto.

It could be due to lighting.

It could be due to lighting.

I doubt it. Take a look at these pics for comparison:

resin prototype:

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

final(?) product:

026.jpg

Both pics are brightly lit. Also take a look at the front of the legs. The resin prototype is baby blue on the legs, but a dark gray on the final. Lighting can't account for that. I think they found the mix of colors they wanted. More color than the original protoype, but not so bright and pastel as the second one.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a cool Saturn V! >_> Sorry OT. XD $522 >_>

The Quarter still looks a lot bluer than on the box art in those photos... Something about the baby blue along the guns, shoulder and backpack just makes me want to repaint it entirely though :(

I like how it looks but I am a little disapointed with the fact that the arms need stands. Maybe the final product won't but we will just have to wait and see. Oh well time to start saving.

Of course we'll need to wait for the actual release and reviews of it, but it seems that the stands are there more to keep the whole thing from toppling over, rather than keeping the arms from sagging.

The gun and flight deck are a lot of stuff to be holding out that far, and there's no substantial counterbalance to keep it upright otherwise (can't really tell about ship mode though).

Edited by iguanaman8989

Of course we'll need to wait for the actual release and reviews of it, but it seems that the stands are there more to keep the whole thing from toppling over, rather than keeping the arms from sagging.

The gun and flight deck are a lot of stuff to be holding out that far, and there's no substantial counterbalance to keep it upright otherwise (can't really tell about ship mode though).

Don't know if anyone has seen this photo, this the best clear shot that shows the color*and details) of the final product.

10094280b.jpg

Don't know if anyone has seen this photo, this the best clear shot that shows the color*and details) of the final product.

10094280b.jpg

OMG that looks awful. Like a transformer you would find at walmart. The mold is nice and getting a SDF clone at that scale was so exciting now that paint scheme cheapens it so much and not worth the 200 plus price tag. Why??? I had scanned a pic of it from Dengeki Hobby and it wasn't colored like that. This is a deal breaker for me. Im cancelling my preorder with HLJ and decided to go ahead and buy the PG Red Astray

I dont want a cute skiddles SDF clone

OMG that looks awful. Like a transformer you would find at walmart. The mold is nice and getting a SDF clone at that scale was so exciting now that paint scheme cheapens it so much and not worth the 200 plus price tag. Why??? I had scanned a pic of it from Dengeki Hobby and it wasn't colored like that. This is a deal breaker for me. Im cancelling my preorder with HLJ and decided to go ahead and buy the PG Red Astray

BBBAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :rolleyes:

shut up... just... ugh... shut up...

SCBBWXLZ5E42XESYG2QF7ELFOOB2IFQT.jpeg

ps: the PG ashtray looks like a dog turd with a samurai sword. ;)

Don't worry, man. Since it's made by Bandai and not Yamato, I'm sure it will stay in one piece when you hurl it against the wall.

I like how it looks...I need to find someplace to display this thing...between getting the V2 VF-1s recently and the amount of DCUC figures I have, I'm rapidly running out of shelf space...

Edited by hutch

Really, now? I actually like this paintscheme.

You don't want kiddy colors, yet you go right for the bright red, sword-wielding Gundam. Riiiight...

I'm not a big fan of this color scheme, But this Macross Quarter over all looks awesome!!

Also see this youtube video, looks pretty damn big to me!! Not sure if these were already posted, but I liked them!!

post-6180-1259623355_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1259623371_thumb.jpg

guys, sorry for asking this, but i am confused... Is there two color schemes of this same toy coming out? Is this the lighter scheme? When would the other scheme come out? What are the differences in colors, anyone got the two side by side???

I honnestly dont know which scheme i like better... and although the ship mode royally sux.... the robot mode looks amazing (wasnt going to keep it in ship mode anyways, the sdf1 looked way better in ship mode, but i wouldnt keep that one in ship mode either, so...). Now i am thinking, THIS or VF-22 MAX or MIRIA??? I can only get one expensive toy per year.... Which would you chose???

Lotsa pics of the Quarter (among other things) here:

http://gigazine.net/index.php?/news/commen..._bandai_webshop

And a video of it being transformed:

/waits for the litany of curses...

Like I said great Mold. A little floppy. Needs to be stiffer in ship mode. The colors are just puke. Not intimidating at all. What i found more interesting on the first link was the eva unit

I think bandai will release a recolor with the darker grey blue hue next year

Like I said great Mold. A little floppy. Needs to be stiffer in ship mode. The colors are just puke. Not intimidating at all. What i found more interesting on the first link was the eva unit

I think bandai will release a recolor with the darker grey blue hue next year

I think Bandai will release a recolor in pink... anyone else got any wish-list items they'd like to toss out as 'predictions'? :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I'm disappointed that carrier mode is really floppy and the arms can't keep straight without the use of the stand. As soon as he took away the stand, it just all sagged down. Just looks like a mess. I knew it wouldn't be able to stay up in attacker mode without help, but I figured the carrier would be different. It would be like the wings on a valk constantly sagging down without your hands supporting it to keep it up.