The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

Which they really should have thought to add given how easily both the arms and legs droop in that mode.

agreed, but I doubt I'd have been swooshing around the room with it anyways, it's kind of a mess-design wise. It'll just live on the stand

So what happened to the original color scheme on display earlier?

They decided it looked too good so they messed with the colors to make it look sillier so people would have something to complain about and give Bandai the opportunity to release a darker repaint later so that people would have to buy it again to get the better looking one ... obviously :p

Lotsa pics of the Quarter (among other things) here:

http://gigazine.net/index.php?/news/commen..._bandai_webshop

And a video of it being transformed:

/waits for the litany of curses...

Apart from the color change, which I'm not too keen on, but can live with, me likee overall.

Looks pretty damn big to me. Certainly big enough. With my limited storage and display space, I wouldn't want any bigger.

Will definitely be kept in robot mode though. The Quarter's cruiser mode has always looked a bit of a mess to me.

Graham

Have we seen images of the Quarter from the upcoming movie yet? Perhaps this is how it looks?

In any case, while I didn't mind the earlier darker color scheme I actually prefer the new brighter look. Just looks more interesting and vivid to me overall and makes the earlier one seem a bit drab in comparison. Sort of like the difference between the colors on TV SDF1 and DYRL SDF1. Still, I hope Bandai releases one accurate to Frontier for those who prefer that.

Looking at the video it seems no matter what you will have to use the stand in cruiser mode because nothing actually locks and everything looks like a floppy mess. Still looks cool, and the arms seem stronger than i thought once it is completely transformed.

I've got all of the above pre-ordered :). I do get everything shipped to me in as big a bulk package as possible though so it might take a while..

I'm patient :)

@Ivan lighter colors = less people noticing the paint scratching off :D

Overall I agree with what everyone said: Colors not as appealing as the TV series, a little floppy, and mold is good looking.

I'll wait until Q2 2010 and after jenius' review or wizartar's video to decide whether to buy it.

The CG ships in MacF often had their saturation and contrast reduced to imitate low-light conditions in deep space.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I know that back in the days of motion control photography, ships in Star Trek were painted primarily in duck egg blue, but once lighted and filmed, they appeared grey.

I have the Bandai Enterprise model which is supposed to be a faithful reproduction of the studio model, and as such has areas painted in shades of blue and green... just like the Quarter.

Actually looking back at the CG model again the baby blue that Bandai chose to put on the Quarter is actually accurate according to the picture below. In addition, I believe the the DX quarter's color's will look a lot more saturated in person instead of the pastel infused one.

post-5389-1259708306_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1259708329_thumb.jpg

Despite the need for stands to support the arms, the Mac Quarter Flounder is looking better each time I see it.

Yamada denki in Ikebukuro has one on display and it looks massive in person. Probably be gettin g one of these just after Xmas.

Really, now? I actually like this paintscheme.

You don't want kiddy colors, yet you go right for the bright red, sword-wielding Gundam. Riiiight...

Not sure why people are fighting me on the color and no thanks to the original. Even tho the shades are different. This thing has cool blue white and bright green all those mixed together makes it look like a funky disco disco balls!

An all red gundam is better than a war ship of funky colors. I have waves darker SDF1 I want the similar color scheme. When they released the prototype colors it looked like the OVA series. I will get it but when Bandai releases the darker one. To add a final point in the CG model, the baby blue doesnt look as bad because the white is not there to contrast it. By adding white to it you notice the weird colors more. I guess if there was no white it would actually look better

Everytime I look at it I just cant stand the colors. But good for you if you like it. Enjoy

Edited by Snail00

I know too well the pains of an unsatisfactory DX. Just get the model kit. B))

Unfortunately, there is no model kit version of the Macross Quarter :angry:

Edited by Ivan

The CG ships in MacF often had their saturation and contrast reduced to imitate low-light conditions in deep space.

Looking at the picture the Anime version has the flight deck and battle cannon closer together, closing the gap between the two.

Look at the gun arm/cannon and flight deck and how close they are the the shoulders. It makes the battle-cruiser look sleeker and not just laying down with its arms spread out in front.

I cant see any white parts??? Also the baby blue areas on the toy seem more like dark chrome or gunmetal in color. IE the head. The baby blue strip in the center on the toy is actually dark gray in the CGI and the white strip after the blue one on the toy is actually light gray of gunmetal gray.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(