The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

Really like the new colors on the movie edition Quarter, will be a long wile before I pick this up though if I decide to actually take the plunge. Not that I dont want to but considering the price and all the other Valks coming out this year it's low on the list right now.

But yeah looks pretty awesome in black no question.

I still have a hard time following the criticism of the Mac Quarter's original colors. I have this image of people zooming around with Luca's Green RVF and Michael's Blue VF-25 and playing with their red Q-Rare then seeing the Quarter with some pale blue and going "WFT?? ZOMG NOZE!"

Mostly the same issue people have with DYRL SDF-1 coloring versus the TV SDF:M. Especially seeing it in the VF-1 Master File, I don't want my SDF-1 any way other than TV colors, but most folks around here seem to prefer DYRL color scheme. That and many people think the lighter scheme is just different from the anime. See the pic on Anymoon's review.

Because baby blue wasn't the Quarter's original colors.

A lot of the color issues seems to be exacerbated by the flash during photography. If one looks at Jenius' video review which seems to use ambient light, you'll see that it isn't really baby blue.

Edited by Vifam7

A lot of the color issues seems to be exacerbated by the flash during photography. If one looks at Jenius' video review which seems to use ambient light, you'll see that it isn't really baby blue.

yeah, I know it's a little more muted than what the pictures show but it's still brighter than i would like.

I don't know why anyone cares that some people don't like the colors. Whether they're not as bright as the pictures or slightly more muted, whatever, they're still not the colors shown in the anime. And more than that, it's just not a color scheme I personally like, what's the big deal?

I can totally understand, for whatever reason, just not quite loving the color for whatever reason... it was just how violently some people seemed to react to what is really only a few subtle color differences in a universe of very bright colors that struck me as a bit much.

yeah, sorry, how dare I make a judgement based on all the pictorial review and video reviews. Obviously the only way to know what color it really is is to go out and buy one, because obviously all those reviewers in japan, hk, america, and who knows where else all took the time to doctor the photos so that magically the color appears consistent in all of those reviews but magically is something different in person.

give it a rest, some people don't like the color, great that you do, I'm happy for you. I don't know why you feel so threatened that someone you don't even know doesn't happen to like the color scheme. jesus.

yeah, sorry, how dare I make a judgement based on all the pictorial review and video reviews. Obviously the only way to know what color it really is is to go out and buy one, because obviously all those reviewers in japan, hk, america, and who knows where else all took the time to doctor the photos so that magically the color appears consistent in all of those reviews but magically is something different in person.

give it a rest, some people don't like the color, great that you do, I'm happy for you. I don't know why you feel so threatened that someone you don't even know doesn't happen to like the color scheme. jesus.

Was that directed at me? :huh:

I don't care if people don't like the color, I was just surprised to hear it called "baby blue".

all I'm saying is that I said a few words stating my personal preference, "nice, glad I waited for the repaint" and I had grief thrown at me for not liking the current shades of blue the Quarter currently is, which is by far lighter than was presented in the show and again, is not to my personal liking.

and yes, "baby blue" is the shade of blue it comes across in all the myriad reviews out there. If it were just one guy's photos then fine, bad photos, let's call it a day, but it's the same shade of blue in every picture I've seen. The best one cay is that it's not quite that bright, as seen in jenius' video review (which was done well btw) but even that is brighter than I personally like and especially would not be willing to pay for it.

all I'm saying is that I said a few words stating my personal preference, "nice, glad I waited for the repaint" and I had grief thrown at me for not liking the current shades of blue the Quarter currently is, which is by far lighter than was presented in the show and again, is not to my personal liking.

and yes, "baby blue" is the shade of blue it comes across in all the myriad reviews out there. If it were just one guy's photos then fine, bad photos, let's call it a day, but it's the same shade of blue in every picture I've seen. The best one cay is that it's not quite that bright, as seen in jenius' video review (which was done well btw) but even that is brighter than I personally like and especially would not be willing to pay for it.

That's cool, I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't throwing grief, just registering my surprise.

I guess my eyes just don't see the baby blue. :mellow:

Everytime i see the quarter in poses like that, it reminds me of Godzilla and his theme music. :lol::lol::lol:

Finally got my Quarter! Still in the box as I need to sell some stuff to make room for TF

The little booklet it came is quite interesting, the original draft is more like ship and probably won't have places for aircraft, and the toy is 1/1500 scale (450m/1500=30cm from feet to head exclude antenna)

Well I'll be a son of a bi%ch. I should have waited. Dudes who don't have their mac quarter yet you might want to consider it now. **Goes off to hug mac quarter** Daddy still loves you, daddy still loves its ok its ok don't cry don't cry will make it through this.