The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

Got mine today, it is awesome, the dest of Bandai's Macross products so far.

Maybe you can help me figure out the shoulder articulation- Mine seems to only move at the U-shaped swing bar, but it looks like there should be a 360 rotational joint there as well. I can't tell if it's immobile or just super-super tight.

It's really tight. I just kept rotating the arm up and around so that the shoulder stays in place without going back to the cruiser location. Be gentle with force lol, it is tight but yes it does move.

Awesome, thanks! I was trying to crank the arms last night but I couldn't get them to move past the 'pointing forward' position. Now that I know they're supposed to move more I'll be comfortable using more force. Gentle force of course.

Edited by eriku

Sigh... Santa's going to be running late for me as well :(

From all these pics, I'm pretty impressed with the poseability of this thing.

Strange that a carrier could have more range of movement than many valkyrie toys.

Waiting for mine too, hopefully get it before New Year.

Opened mine yesterday as my Christmas present to myself.

Even though I'm more of a VF fan than a capital ship fan, I think it's a really nice toy. Bandai have done a great job.

My only minor complaint is that one of the factory workers had left a partial super glue fingerprint on the front left lower leg & there a small spot of grey paint on the left knee cap just above the gun turret, that shouldn't be there! :angry

Found transformation to be easy. Even the shoulders, which are tight were not really an issue. Thanks to other people's comments, I'd expected them to be tight, so used the appropriate level of care and gentle steady force.

Anyways, attached are a few quick and somewhat blurry pics (still a bit hungover from yesterday, so couldn't hold the camera steady).

Merry X'mas to all.

Graham

post-11-1261789666_thumb.jpg

post-11-1261789713_thumb.jpg

post-11-1261789750_thumb.jpg

I got my quarter yesterday (christmas) in Japan... and i'm really dissapointed with it... Really dissapointed with it... Maybe it'll take some time to grow on me, but I think the Macross Quarter is the wackest toy in the Bandai-Frontier series so far... Glad to see everybody else is happy, but i think this thing was a waste of my hard earned monies... I'm very dissapointed with it...

I might just be dissapointed that the GBP/VF-1J didn't come out in time for me to purchase both together but as of right now... i'm not impressed with this thing at all :unsure: ... I defintely could have done without it...

I got my quarter yesterday (christmas) in Japan... and i'm really dissapointed with it... Really dissapointed with it... Maybe it'll take some time to grow on me, but I think the Macross Quarter is the wackest toy in the Bandai-Frontier series so far... Glad to see everybody else is happy, but i think this thing was a waste of my hard earned monies... I'm very dissapointed with it...

I might just be dissapointed that the GBP/VF-1J didn't come out in time for me to purchase both together but as of right now... i'm not impressed with this thing at all :unsure: ... I defintely could have done without it...

Just out of curiosity, could you elaborate on what you did not like about it or what about it disappointed you?

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but it sounds like you don't like the Quarter design from the anime in the first place. If so, knowing that you don't like the designI think it is "wacky", why did you even buy the toy?

Graham

Thanks Graham, nice bed sheets by the way (I'm serious, I like Datchung dogs)

could you post pics of the glue and paint spot Graham?? is it very noticeable or you have to look real hard for them?

Two pics attached.

The white marks on the shin are the partial super glue fingerprints.

On the knee cap, just above the gun turret, you can see the extra grey slodge of paint.

Graham

post-11-1261823331_thumb.jpg

post-11-1261823730_thumb.jpg

Opened mine yesterday as my Christmas present to myself.

Even though I'm more of a VF fan than a capital ship fan, I think it's a really nice toy. Bandai have done a great job.

My only minor complaint is that one of the factory workers had left a partial super glue fingerprint on the front left lower leg & there a small spot of grey paint on the left knee cap just above the gun turret, that shouldn't be there! :angry

Found transformation to be easy. Even the shoulders, which are tight were not really an issue. Thanks to other people's comments, I'd expected them to be tight, so used the appropriate level of care and gentle steady force.

Anyways, attached are a few quick and somewhat blurry pics (still a bit hungover from yesterday, so couldn't hold the camera steady).

Merry X'mas to all.

Graham

Tell me something, Graham, are those 2 (YF-19 and 21) the Yamato 1/60 figures? If so this baby is sure huge. Now that the 1/2000 SDF-1 went down the toilette maybe Bandai could make one like they did the Quarter. And a Frontier or Galaxy figure wouldn't be half bad either. Can't wait for mine to get here. And also how do the arms hold in cruiser mode? Does it hold itself straight without the stand?

Tell me something, Graham, are those 2 (YF-19 and 21) the Yamato 1/60 figures? If so this baby is sure huge. Now that the 1/2000 SDF-1 went down the toilette maybe Bandai could make one like they did the Quarter. And a Frontier or Galaxy figure wouldn't be half bad either. Can't wait for mine to get here. And also how do the arms hold in cruiser mode? Does it hold itself straight without the stand?

Yes, those are the YF-19 Prototype 4 and VF-22S 1/60.

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but it sounds like you don't like the Quarter design from the anime in the first place. If so, knowing that you don't like the designI think it is "wacky", why did you even buy the toy?

Graham

I bought the toy because i wanted it... I wasn't saying the design was "wacky;" I was saying the toy is "wack," as in "lame" or boring, especially in comparison to the others in the Bandai series... Recently i went through my collection and rearranged my studio (where i keep all of my macross stuff), and re-posed just about every figure in my collection... After opening the qurater and attempting to set it up i felt like the toy was lacking largely in in versatility in reference to how i can display it based on my personal preference...

In addition, even if i didn't like the design of the quarter in the anime, and i purchased the toy... I don't really feel like it should matter in terms of the reasoning behind why i made the purchase... Especially if I'm simply gauging my like or dislike for the actual toy... There have been plenty of figures that i have purchased where i didn't necessarily like the anime design in comparison to the toy and vice versa and i'd like to think that my opinion remains objective...

I dunno though, hopefully this makes sense to everyone... I don't hate the quarter, but i feel i could have done without it, and I like it the least in comparison to the previous releases excluding the Alto Ex gear thing which i refuse to buy because it looks kinda homo to me... It's all a matter of personal preference though... As more time passes I appreciate the V2 Yamato installments more than anything... Just a matter of personal preference... Not trying to rain on anyone's parade...

Wondering where the Q-Rare and Konig Monster are supposed to launch from, cus' if the mini-figures are in scale with the Quarter, there's no way the could fit into the carrier section or even on the carrier launch elevators.

Heck, if the Quarter's carrier arm sculpt is correct and in scale to the mini-figs, it's not like it could even hold a great many VF-25 inside, give how shallow it is.

Can any body remember if the anime showed where the Konig Monster and Q-Rare launched from?

Graham

Looks pretty cool, was thinking about this toy for a wile but I think I will pass for now. Cool but the $250 or so needed to buy it is too rich for my blood right now. Good enough sale comes along I might pick it up eventually though.

Love the figures you can put on the deck of the ship thats too awesome :D

I want one.. But Im not into capital ships also.. Its definitely a nice render of the quarter dont get me wrong.. But Im torn between getting this or the new VE-1 Elintseeker. I only have enough funds for one :(

If I were you and if the VE-1 is still on a 30% discount from HLJ, I'll get the VE-1 first. Anyway, all my funds tied up for education, and a 1/4 scale Cobra-Kai sculpted Saber (of Fate/Stay Night). So, no giant robots for me this Xmas. :(

But, I'll enjoy looking at beautiful Saber for the next 12 months. ;):lol:

Edited by blacklotus

still can't get over those feet and the head design... :ph34r:

...plus, i'd like to have an SDF-1 first before any other Macross capital ship/carrier...

looks like a lot of fun though... and nice looking hands.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Hi, just joined, collector from Malaysia here...

Graham, you bought your DX Quarter for HK$1,348.00 only? Is that like a special price for you only?

Sorry my asking, coz the unit retails at around HK$1700.00 over here. Thought of asking my friend in HK to get it for me. Thanks a mil!

Hi, just joined, collector from Malaysia here...

Graham, you bought your DX Quarter for HK$1,348.00 only? Is that like a special price for you only?

Sorry my asking, coz the unit retails at around HK$1700.00 over here. Thought of asking my friend in HK to get it for me. Thanks a mil!

I just paid regular retail price. I don't get any special deals on Bandai stuff. Wish I did.

Graham