The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

:rolleyes: keep it up troll.

Why do you always have to be an ass to everyone here? That makes your troll calling even more ironic since the only troll in this room is you. Seems you're constantly looking for e-fights for some obscure reason.

Why do you always have to be an ass to everyone here? That makes your troll calling even more ironic since the only troll in this room is you. Seems you're constantly looking for e-fights for some obscure reason.

I'm not an ass to everyone, just to you trolls.

Back on topic, I agree with Jenius on the cruiser floppy thing. The design itself really doesn't have any support in that mode. Without some sort of locking joints that mode wouldn't hold together in that size no matter what.

Edited by eugimon

Kids! Don't make me turn this Macrossworld around!!!

ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET?

I hafta go to the BATHROOM!!!

As for the Quarter, I'm still loving mine dearly. I wouldn't whoosh it around in cruiser mode anyway (too big and awkward) so the floppyness doesn't bother me.

Love my Quarter as well. Not sure what the reviewer was expecting. An integrated anti-gravity device to support all the weight in cruiser mode? Not the kind to whoosh my toys around either. This is not a toy for kids after all, mostly for display.

I agree about the floppiness problem, but honestly... 'it's too sharp and pointy for me to transform'? ... What, does he still use safety scissors and plastic forks?

I agree about the floppiness problem, but honestly... 'it's too sharp and pointy for me to transform'? ... What, does he still use safety scissors and plastic forks?

Boy, if he didn't like the Quarter I'd hate to see his thoughts on the DX VF-27.

Agreed.

I dunno though...this review seemed unlike Atom's usual upbeat attitude.

Oh well. Their loss...I really hope Bandai continues with more capital ships.

coughBATTLEFRONTIER!!!/cough

Yeah. Isn't the Quarter already use rubber material for all those guns?

You probably need to love the ship's design to like the toy. I posted the (now expired) hot deal above, but I didn't order it myself - I don't like the ship that much and I think Bandai made some poor choice on the colors.

I don't know. Once you have the toy in your hands and see it in person the colors are allot better. Pics make the blue look...well....blue but looking at it with my naked eye it looks more like a gray blue and I really like it.

As to the cruiser mode I was a bit disappointed myself that it could not support itself in cruiser mode but you have to actually pick this beast up to realize why. ITS SO DAMN HEAVY! For a mostly plastic exterior (feet are metal) I think there is quite a bit of metal under the surface. All that weight on the end of the legs alone for those die cast feet alone precludes cruiser mode from being nothing but a floppy mess. Besides the stand is not so bad. On mine I don't even need those junky extra support arms for the end of the arms and I think it looks pretty good on the main stand.

Oh and I never poked myself once on it and I have huge doughy hands.

Right now it is my favorite Macross toy even with it's flaws.

Edited by logos

The onlyproblem with Macross Quarter is the fact that it cant hold its shape in cruiser mode. Aside from that its great, it marked the brginning of Bandai actually making enjoyable quality Mac F toys.

Edited by anubis20

The problem with the review is that it's obviously something that the reviewer would NEVER have bought for himself if left to his own devices. Reading the review can tell you that much at a glance. Being out of the target audience for the toy (people who don't have pork roasts for hands and the sun glass prescription of Ray Charles), he really should have rethought his position as the appropriate person to review the toy.

This is the same guy who said that the SV-51 is an awesome toy in look and feel, but because the one he was given came apart due to an easily correctible QC issue, nobody should buy one, ever.

Edited by QuinJester

I love my quarter very much, at least I use it as platform and let the micro toys do all the action ha

Anyway I hardly tranforms them anyway, mainly because it take a while to transform. (except chunkies which I still transform sometimes) Same for TF toys except legend and scout size which I still transform them now and then, leader size ones I just make them either vehicle or robot mode and then they pretty much stand on the shelf for life lol