The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

Not neccessarily true. Sometimes details on very small parts can look much worse when seen in blown-up detail on a computer screen.

Regardless, bent turrets on one sample doesn't guarantee an epidemic. If you're worried you'll probably be better served waiting until a bunch of other people buy one and give their thoughts/comments.

That's why I qualified my statement with the adverb "usually." :p Anyway, unless the Quarter is tiny like the Wave SDF-1 Macross, I don't think the bent turrets are a case of flaws being magnified by "blowing up" the image. I don't need a magnifying glass to see something obvious like a bent turret.

Edited by Lolicon

Agreed, details seen in extreme close-ups are often much LESS noticeable in person. There have been countless times where it wasn't until editing pictures for my website that I noticed little build issues on toys. That said, bent turrets are big enough where I don't think we'll have any problem seeing those and as soon as you notice it it will drive you crazy forever. I've got one on preorder and I'll honor it but if I was at all on the fence I'd wait to buy this thing until a repaint or some reviews.

Agreed, details seen in extreme close-ups are often much LESS noticeable in person. There have been countless times where it wasn't until editing pictures for my website that I noticed little build issues on toys. That said, bent turrets are big enough where I don't think we'll have any problem seeing those and as soon as you notice it it will drive you crazy forever. I've got one on preorder and I'll honor it but if I was at all on the fence I'd wait to buy this thing until a repaint or some reviews.

So you're telling me you notice more details in the often low res photos posted on the web versus just seeing said item in person? Like the small photos of the Quarter? Please.

In theory yes, you can see more details with a high resolution image. I'd agree with your statement if everyone posted super hi res pics, but that's simply not the case on the web. I'd love it if all these websites had images at a minimum resolution of 1920x1080.

In theory, yes, you can see much more detail in an extreme close up. Sure, there are variables that can make that not true... a blurry picture from any range isn't very helpful but at the same time a picture doesn't have to be huge, just clear.

The guy that thought of using that rubbery plastic to make these parts more kid-friendly-non-hazard, should be shot.

Not only is the detail less crisp and the paint job in these parts sloppy, it always seems to bend out of shape.

And to use it in a figure that isn't really a toy but supposedly an high(er)-end product is a bit pointless. No way is any kid that would even consider to put this in his mouth even gonna come close to this thing. And IMO, anyone old enough to handle this stuff that end with a turret in his esofagus (?), deserves to choke. So, once again, the safety plastic is pointless.

Furious rant over. :D

If you guys have finished your pre-release condemning whine fest about the turrets, you might be interested to know that it's out:

http://hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/200...cross-quar.html

50cm in cruiser mode = omghuge.

Looks like its arms can support the gun and flight deck without the supports, as well, even when holding the flight deck in Macurosu attacku stance.

If you guys have finished your pre-release condemning whine fest about the turrets, you might be interested to know that it's out:

50cm in cruiser mode = omghuge.

Looks like its arms can support the gun and flight deck without the supports, as well, even when holding the flight deck in Macurosu attacku stance.

lol

and sweet, thanks for the link. can't wait for this sucker!

This page has the promo photos. Nothing new there. What is new and very good in this page is a youtube video with the actual toy being transformed.

http://reggiocomics.blogspot.com/2009/11/d...photos-and.html

First thoughts.

On the positive side:

1 - It's really a big ship;

2 - Color scheme is actually quite nice;

3 - The transformation seems easy to perform with some clever details;

On the negative side:

As soon as it is removed from the stand, the arms drop down. Getting a feeling they won't stay straight as you fly it around... not that i do that. :rolleyes:

This page has the promo photos. Nothing new there. What is new and very good in this page is a youtube video with the actual toy being transformed.

http://reggiocomics.blogspot.com/2009/11/d...photos-and.html

First thoughts.

On the positive side:

1 - It's really a big ship;

2 - Color scheme is actually quite nice;

3 - The transformation seems easy to perform with some clever details;

On the negative side:

As soon as it is removed from the stand, the arms drop down. Getting a feeling they won't stay straight as you fly it around... not that i do that. :rolleyes:

I think that video was posted a while back. These photos from a day or two ago seem to indicate that the Quarter can, amazingly, hold it's flight deck straight out:

post-430-1261171144_thumb.jpg

I think that video was posted a while back. These photos from a day or two ago seem to indicate that the Quarter can, amazingly, hold it's flight deck straight out:

I think he meant that the flight deck goes wobbly without the struts in ship mode, not in battroid mode.

I think he meant that the flight deck goes wobbly without the struts in ship mode, not in battroid mode.

Yes, but it should use the same joint in either mode, so logically speaking if the joint can hold the flight deck rigid in one mode it should also in the other. Regardless, we don't know one way or the other and wont until some folks here get theirs.

Yes, but it should use the same joint in either mode, so logically speaking if the joint can hold the flight deck rigid in one mode it should also in the other. Regardless, we don't know one way or the other and wont until some folks here get theirs.

Crossing my fingers and hoping.

Maybe this picture will shed some light on the M quarter. Also here's a nice comparison pic in reference to the DX 25 B))

Wow It doesnt look bad at all. Maybe the lighting in the earlier photos made it stand out. I may have to order it.

I would still prefer the Darker color they had but it really doesnt have those glaring colors it had before

Picked up one yesterday at the Oriental 188 Centre in Wanchai for HK$1,348. No time to take it out of the box yet, as I had an Xmas party to go to last night. I did check it very quickly in the shop and the gun turrets looked OK. Not sure, but they looked to be ABS, not PVC.

You split that waist joint and wedge paper or something

similar so that it holds its position.

Is there a thread or pictures around here somewhere that shows how that is done? I did a search and couldn't find anything but maybe I'm not searching for the right thing...

Based on my quick glance yesterdax, while checking the box contents in the shop, I suspect that the individual turret guns may be capable of some limited degree of movement, which may explain why in some pics they where not aligned properly.

Based on my quick glance yesterdax, while checking the box contents in the shop, I suspect that the individual turret guns may be capable of some limited degree of movement, which may explain why in some pics they where not aligned properly.

That's right, one can rotate the turrets and adjust the angles.