Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

Those are all models and not toys right? I would seriously pic up a VF-4 (model or toy) after seeing that!

Yes they're all models. It's Model Graphix Magazine of course. And that VF-4 was a scratch built.

Yes they're all models. It's Model Graphix Magazine of course. And that VF-4 was a scratch built.

SCRATCH BUILT! That Boy's got Fu**'n skills!

isnt this a vf-11 thread???

anyways, from what graham said, i would almost be tempted to try the first version, but have the jitters... still waiting for recolor of yf-21, but the original color of the vf-11 is already nice enough to get... so hard to choose 1 - 2 expensive toy per year... :(

was it a scratch build, thought it was a conversion of the VF-4 fighter resin kit that was shown in the previous months issue.

as for the YF-19, it's a Battriod conversion of a Hase kit next to a standard hase kit in the same colors.

i also like the vf-4 in all modes.

i think i am among the handful that

especially like the battroid mode.

and among the handful who hate the vf-11b

gerwalk mode. imo, it looks like the head

was shoved up the fighter's behind.

but the battroid mode rocks!

Back to the VF-11B AGAIN.... :p I guess the best solution would be to somehow make swappable tail fins of 2 different sizes, just like how they had the ABS and POM canards for the YF-19.

That's what I've hoped for. That doesn't fix the stubby nose, but at least it would look better with bigger tail fins.

At the very least someone in the community could cast some bigger ones in resin. I'd buy a pair.

Vostok 7

That's what I've hoped for. That doesn't fix the stubby nose, but at least it would look better with bigger tail fins.

At the very least someone in the community could cast some bigger ones in resin. I'd buy a pair.

Vostok 7

If the nose where bigger I think people would be bitching about the batroid mode "Hanging Low". If you compare the batroid and fighter line art there is no winning here. Yamato can't compete with anime magic.

post-9075-1234381077_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

If the nose where bigger I think people would be bitching about the batroid mode "Hanging Low". If you compare the batroid and fighter line art there is no winning here. Yamato can't compete anime magic.

Oh I know, the VF-11 is one of the worst for anime magic. That's why I'm saying the biggest thing for me is the tail fins, especially since every main design complaint about the original 1/72 was fixed (exposed shoulder bars, vacuformed pieces of crap that were sorry excuses for heat shields) except for that, and I think that the tail fins were one of the biggest complaints on these forums back then. Yes, the new tail fins are bigger than the ones on the 1/72, but they need to be WAY bigger, not just a few millimeters.

Vostok 7

Oh I know, the VF-11 is one of the worst for anime magic. That's why I'm saying the biggest thing for me is the tail fins, especially since every main design complaint about the original 1/72 was fixed (exposed shoulder bars, vacuformed pieces of crap that were sorry excuses for heat shields) except for that, and I think that the tail fins were one of the biggest complaints on these forums back then. Yes, the new tail fins are bigger than the ones on the 1/72, but they need to be WAY bigger, not just a few millimeters.

Vostok 7

It is true what you say!

In both Fighter AND battroid the fins are bigger in the art. I wonder why they decided to make them so small?

AND, I am not sure how the physics and mechanics of transformation would allow but the calf parts of the legs could be a bit meatier.

Those are pretty huge tail fins. Maybe they run into a breakage problem or something. That or giant tail fins on the batroid mode looks ridiculous. They do look a bit smaller on the line art batroid.

the tailfins aren't too bad. theres only so much room in the calf to get a bigger tailfin in there so whatevs.

its bigger than the 1/72 version so it was step in the right direction.

when is this thing coming out?

sorry i don't want to back track 50 pages.

Back to the VF-11B AGAIN.... :p I guess the best solution would be to somehow make swappable tail fins of 2 different sizes, just like how they had the ABS and POM canards for the YF-19.

exactly what i was thinking... 1 for PT another for anime accuracy... for the 11B's fins and 21's feet too (i'm ok w/ the legs, just that the feet are so obviously smaller than they should be...) ... but yeah, the fins definitely! ^_^

exactly what i was thinking... 1 for PT another for anime accuracy... for the 11B's fins and 21's feet too (i'm ok w/ the legs, just that the feet are so obviously smaller than they should be...) ... but yeah, the fins definitely! ^_^

I don't know why Yamato not making its lower leg 'thicker', so they have more room for 'bigger' tailfins. And so as the feets, too small at the moment.