The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

Graham,

You've probably seen more pics from more angles then us.

Do you think the YF-19 wil be a better looking (more detailed) toy then the VF-0? You stated in your review that the VF-0 is a step up from the 1/48 VF-1. Will this be another step up from the VF-0, or is it going to be on the same level of detail?

Question for Graham if he knows/can tell us:

Any Fold Booster details? Light up? Clear green casing with many layers of intricate detail visible below, or just a chunk of green plastic?

Any chance of opening leg armor? (we clearly see it open up to launch a missile in the anime---the leg armor seems to carry a single large missile, rather than micro missiles)

And a question---why was the "rubber collar" disposed of for this version? I always thought it really smoothed over the neck in fighter mode very well. Yes it was incredibly annoying to tranform, but it sure helped fighter mode. (Though I was always annoyed Yamato molded it in the wrong color--such a big obvious part that should be pure black---and you can't paint rubber)

Edited by David Hingtgen

There aren't any transparent parts for the wingtip landing lights. It looks like they've decided to lower costs and paint them in this time.

426531[/snapback]

Err.....what are you talking about? None of the Yamato VFs have ever had transparent wingtip lights.

While there are transparent lights on the front leadingedge of the 1/48 VF-1 and 1/60 VF-0, they are certainly not on the wingtip.

Graham

Question for Graham if he knows/can tell us:
Any Fold Booster details?  Light up?  Clear green casing with many layers of intricate detail visible below, or just a chunk of green plastic?  

I don't know. I've never seen pictures of it and actually forgot they were doing this.

Any chance of opening leg armor?  (we clearly see it open up to launch a missile in the anime---the leg armor seems to carry a single large missile, rather than micro missiles)

Unfortunately, no. But the 19 does have some interesting features that the photos haven't revealed yet.

And a question---why was the "rubber collar" disposed of for this version?  I always thought it really smoothed over the neck in fighter mode very well.  Yes it was incredibly annoying to tranform, but it sure helped fighter mode.  (Though I was always annoyed Yamato molded it in the wrong color--such a big obvious part that should be pure black---and you can't paint rubber)

You mean the cover at the back of the neck? It's there on the 1/60, you can clearly see it in the new photos. Hopefully, Yamato will get the color right this time. I've already told them it should be black.

Graham

Any chance of opening leg armor?  (we clearly see it open up to launch a missile in the anime---the leg armor seems to carry a single large missile, rather than micro missiles)

Unfortunately, no. But the 19 does have some interesting features that the photos haven't revealed yet.

Intriguing. Now I'm going to be sitting here with my brain burning until meltdown wondering what these interesting features are... :D

Okay, gotta be patient. Gotta be patient... :)

... :D

Woohoo.....wonderfest is mad. Never queued so long in my life. I was queing since 11pm the day before to try and get the Nono exclusive.....but alas....i was queing at the wrong place. I queued in front of the main door of the convention center but was shooed off by wonderfest stafff at 3am and pushed to the back of the line which was like a good 2-3 km away from the convention center. >_>

And the queue....omfg at 3 !"(&('$&!'($ AM in the morn, there were about 4000 otakus on the road forming a 2-3 km queue. Most were asleep. The stench in the summer night was horrible. These people probably didn:t go back home to bathe but came straight from Chara Hobby. (I on the other hand went to an onsen nearby. ;P)

Anyway long story short....i didn:t get the 1st 200 Nono exclusives but was able to preorder one due to the mishap. I only have one lousy YF-19 pic from chara hobby due to scary yamato booth men giving me warnings. Now i know why coverage for yamato stuff during events is low.

Stole this shot:

2000829623460527401_rs.jpg

Btw Wonderfest itself only had the YF-19 in fighterr mode. Guess the rest were still at chara hobby. But they had something which CH didn:t have which was the VF-0A in fighter mode and Ghost Boosters. Pretty neat. It attaches via the removable pegs on the chest plate area. No pics though. ;(

My friend, Tokyo Hunter has more skill at stealing pics though and has some ere.

2004484596267288933_th.jpg

2004412468454372075_th.jpg

2004404785577197630_th.jpg

2004401780315375338_th.jpg

Scary looking yamato dude

2004423662406908842_th.jpg

Edited by wolfx

Umm...why is there bluetack within the ankles of the 19 in GERWALK mode? Don't tell me that it's weak.

The legs are awesome though in that mode. Way better than it's smaller scale and previous predecessors in the Bandai range.

Edited by kensei

Almost the same picture of the battloid. Same pose and same angle but this time with a shield. There's also a trianglish indentation on the forward swept wings on the gerwalk pictures. Is that the area for the translucent parts I was looking for before?

The more I look at the battroid, the more I appreciate the 19 as a whole. The gunpod size does not bother me at all, as the gap between the legs. close up it doesn't look so bad as it does from a distance.

That doesn't really look like a prodcution toy. It looks more like a resin, something about the way it shines under the light, I don't know...

great pics guys. You can now clearly see the landing gear and the removable intake covers. The shoulders look like they have holes in them which might be able to accomodate fast packs.

Awesome pictures!!!! I can't wait to get this baby!!!! So I wonder what the Next VF-0 will be or are they releasing the Ghost seperately? I really want the 0a but ran into money problems and had to cancel my pre-order. :(

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Quick question Graham; you wouldn't happen to know if the final version is going to have the shoulder tabs?

This is by far the most gorgeous version of the yf-19 I've seen! Please say "Domo Arigato Gozaimasu" to Flex, Haruki Yoshiyama and the Yamato staff for a great job! :lol:

Edited by AlphaOne

Thanks for the new pics wolfx and eyesonme78!!!

This YF-19 is a true "Masterpiece"

I reserved judgement until I saw better pics and it can't get any better. I have no single complaint. To me it is PERFECT and represents what a real YF-19 would be.

I was spoiled by the looks of the Liquid Stone YF-19 but this version looks spot on!!!

Thank you Yamato and if it's not too much to ask please make the YF-21 which is my favorite mecha from Macross :)

I believe the YF-19 will sell really well, I know I'll buy at least two so a YF-21 isn't too far away right?

GWUAH! O_O Awesome! Thank you wolfx for braving the scary yamato guys! :) And thanks eyesonme78 for the link with more pics! :D

I can't wait to see this babe all prettied up with paint! :D Oh man I can't believe this is really happening! I've been waiting for this toy since I originally saw Macross Plus. Oh gods I hope they do a VF-11! :D

I'd rather get a VF-22 over the YF-21 though... Whether it be a Max, Gamlin, or VFX-2 version (maybe even the Miria one, although I don't like red so much for that valk).

This is just like what happened to me with the VF-0.

I mean I loved both birds from the beginning, but the CAD renders and the resin protos never appealed to me.

Seeing this helps me realize that it's perfect. Perfect enough for me anyway.

I agree, this looks better (somehow) than the Resin Proto.

Kensei, thanks I was alble to figure it out and edited my post but you beat me to it :p !

I too really want a VF-11!!!! More than the YF-21.

Chris

::puts new pics on front page::

I am SO going to do a detailed CAD vs final product comparison when I get mine---unless Graham does it first. :)

As for the neck cover--I meant it seems so much smaller and recessed--the original really "covered" the neck and made the whole area flush with the rest of the plane. The new version is just a "covers the mechanism" bit, not really blending it in. Doesn't seem as good as the original one was. Though I think it's more important the head actually lays DOWN in the new one--the old one had it raised like 35 degrees, really made it obvious. That's a big improvement.

PS--ha! Looks like Tab B is back--look right behind the head of this pic: http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/c3-2006/02/11.html

And based on this: http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/c3-2006/02/04.html it looks like the trailing edge of the wingroot slots into the legs.

And from this: http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/c3-2006/02/10.html it's pretty clear we have a "line-art accurate" codpiece transformation.

I'm still wondering about the "Z-cut" behind and below the canards--wondered about that since the CAD, still no clue why/how.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Wolfx - Thanks again for posting some amazing pics!!!

The 19 looks sweeeeetttttt!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Didn't anyone else notice the box art for the VF-0A? It looks similar to the VF-0S box, but with a red stripe down the side, instead of yellow. It's on the wall, in the pic with the angry Yamato dealer dude!

:)

Wolfx - Thanks again for posting some amazing pics!!!

The 19 looks sweeeeetttttt!!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Didn't anyone else notice the box art for the VF-0A?  It looks similar to the VF-0S box, but with a red stripe down the side, instead of yellow.  It's on the wall, in the pic with the angry Yamato dealer dude!

:)

426798[/snapback]

I saw that too along with the new VF-0A standing there in the glass cabinet

Edited by DyNo