Revenge of the Sith ROCKED! (spoiler free)

Just got back from RotS and I must say that Lucas outdid himself. Awesome movie.

I will say that RotJ had a much better capital ship battle in space, but this was no slouch.

Great lightsaber duals throughout. Clone Stormtroopers looked awesome and were total badasses.

Ah....can't wait to go see it again in about 15 hours. ;)

I enjoyed it too. It was definitely the most action-packed of the saga. There was hardly a slow point in it(made it hard on the bladder, though :( ). It fits in prefectly with the rest of the saga.

Jeez, now I feel really sad about Anakin. That kid just always got the short end of the stick.

I enjoyed it as well. It had its rough parts, but overall, i was really into it. Also I feel the need to point out that the capital ships had thrust reversers and deflectors to allow for slowing down and breaking maneuvers. w00t

I enjoyed it too. It was definitely the most action-packed of the saga. There was hardly a slow point in it(made it hard on the bladder, though :( ). It fits in prefectly with the rest of the saga.

Jeez, now I feel really sad about Anakin. That kid just always got the short end of the stick.

I concur with all of the above. Especially it being hard on the bladder because I didn't want to miss anything... :p

I thought it was very awesome, definitely one of my favorites. I'm still excited about it, so I don't want to compare it to ESB.... yet.

Some thoughts;

- I must say I was sorry that Grievous didn't get more action and fleshing out (I do realize there were more important matters though.)

- I let out a chuckle at the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" part. It was appropriate for the scene... but having seen the OT, it just seemed a little odd.

- Wasn't Sideous creepy?!

Man, the duel scene...

The dialogue, especially early in the film, was quite excellent for Star Wars...

The NOOOO scene... well.. like father, like son. :)

I loved it... took my poor wheelchair bound mother to see it, as she saw the first movie in the theater..

She cried. :(

Not like I want to get into a whole big philosophical discussion, but just had a though about Anakin being the one to fulfil the prophecy to bring balance to the Force. Of course George has already said he does this by killing off the Sith in the last movie, and I'm all cool with that, but having taking in this movie I saw my perceptions kind of turned around from what I thought they would be.

Mild spoilers ahead

The last movie has really made me see the Jedi Council as have being in need of a "purge" so to speak. The message I seem to get out of the whole story taken at once is that, for lack of a better word, Love needed to be inserted back into the equation for the Jedi, specificly, unconditional love. In the end, it's Anakin's love for his child that lets him defeat Sidious, as Luke didn't turn him back in so much as force him to decide. Still, at the same time, it's Anakin's misunderstanding of his love for Padme, which seems more selfish and possessive, that almost ends it all.

I feel like the Prequel Jedi have lost touch with why they are Jedi in the first place, focused more on themselves and aloof. In the end, it's only because of Qui-Gon that they are able to learn how to merge with the Force.

(from the script)

QUI-GON: (V.O.) The ability to defy oblivion can be achieved, but only for oneself. It was accomplished by a Shaman of the Whills. It is a state acquired through compassion, not greed.

YODA: . . . to become one with the Force, and influence still have . . . A power greater than all, it is.

QUI-GON: (V.O.) You will learn to let go of everything. No attachment, no thought of self. No physical self.

YODA: A great Jedi Master, you have become, Qui-Gon Jinn. Your apprentice I gratefully become.

This combined with Qui-Gon's line to Obi-Wan in Episode One about keeping his mind on the "Living Force" has been bumping around in my mind for a while with it all kind of coming out while I was on the train home.

Bah, then again, maybe I'm reading too much into all this and should just concentrate on the cool lava effects.

Freaking Sweat this was!!!!! I loved it!!! But I gotta say that the Space battle begining was a bit of a let down. Don't get me wrong, it looked great, they just didn't show much of it is all. Guess, "Jedi" can't be topped in that department.

Chris

Saw it last night (early morning). Here I sit at work tired and bleary-eyed, but really glad I went. I thought Anikin's decent to the dark side was well done. He seemed not all that sure of what he was doing, but did it anyway. The dialog was much better, especially the things Palpatine had to say. I could go on for a long time. Bottom line, this was a good movie.

Waited in line for 6 hours in order to get a good seat (never again). Overall, a good movie, much better than the last 2. The scenes were kept short, nothing seemed to drag on. The dialogue was also much better, not as cornball as Ep 2.

Minor spoiler:

Being a John Williams fan, I loved the inclusion of the Leia theme and Luke theme at the end. It seemed to musically bridge the gag between the prequel trilogy and original trilogy.

Edited by The Shade

I watched Revenge of the Sith at midnight. The film was fantastic. Easily the best of the prequels and I enjoyed it far more the Episode VI Return of the Jedi. The space battle alone is worth watching this movie. It totally eclipses any Star Wars space battle to date. The duels were amazing, each one was exciting, and there were so many! Can't really say much more without going into spoilers, so I'll leave it at what I've already written.

Needless to say, RoTS is an action packed, science fiction extravaganza and a surprisingly emotional story. You actually feel genuine excitment, sadness, and shock at a Star Wars story again. This one is certainly a win in my books...a big win.

Hey guys. I haven't seen it. . . and I won't comment further because of that. But I'm concerned by a review that I fear will hit home for me when I see it. Can any of you guys address this? Is it valid? Will it seem more valid after the excitement of all the visuals wears off? I fear that perhaps the movie as it stands alone is magnificent. But, as usual, I fear I may dislike it for the drastic, retroactive effects it may have on characters and films that we've had since childhood.

Back in 1977, we were told in the original Star Wars that Darth Vader "was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force"--that Vader had become a villain because he had been consumed by a lust for power, so that he could boss people around, blow up planets, and, generally speaking, control the universe. Like all great villains, the Darth Vader we saw in the first Star Wars actually loved being a bad guy. He enjoyed being able to choke annoying underlings by pinching his thumb and forefinger together. He relished his swordfight with his old mentor Obi-Wan Kenobi. He didn't even mind slicing his own son's hand off (in the second film) just to prove a point.

But the Darth Vader we see at the end of Revenge of the Sith hasn't been seduced. He's been tricked. He's not a villain. He's a schmuck.

I won't be seeing it until Saturday or Sunday. So, I'd be curious about what you guys have to say until then!

H

It's good to finally see some favorable reviews on a Star Wars film again.... can't wait to go see it Sunday.

You'll love it, Keith. It almost went by too fast. It seemed much shorter than its running time, the movie just never slows down.

Caught the midnight showing last night (went to pick up my ticket and was gonna go home for a couple hours, but there was already a gigantic horde out there, so I just stayed and my friends joined me). Movie was great.

Pacing seemed kinda rushed to me in the beginning (and I seemed to notice a distinct lack of music when I thought it might be appropriate) and ended on a kind of a low (while I think the opposite on all counts with Attack of the Clones).

Hurin, I wouldn't worry about that. Anakin IS kinda "tricked" (seduced would be a more accurate word), but in the end the choices were his.

This movie smacked of tragedy, no doubt.

Deep, dark, sad, and AMAZING!! Wow, whatta film! :D

Still thinking about all the "nook-and-crannies" and it's been over 2 hours. :o

I thought he did a good job with the tie-in to IV and was surprised to see that the opening paragraphs were almost exactly what occurred in the animated CLONE WARS, especially Volume II.

I'm also surprised that Lucas directed this. I had to be sure to see the credits because it was THAT much different than the first two.

The man had some balls for some of those scenes - not young kids' stuff at all.

Oh and now we now the extent of the Red Imperial Guards' abilites as outlined in this film and ROTJ - standing up and falling down. :blink:

Some protection! :p

Who ever doesn't like this movie shall be beated and sodomised with no less than 3 plastic sabers for the beating and 5 sabers for the sodomy!

movie rocked. The music, the tech, everything is a nice blend of old and new. THe "Nooo!" line was probably the weakest part of the movie and that was only 2 seconds long.

The best part of the movie? the two nimrods dueling in front of the screen prior to the movie. One guy was dueling with a "custom" darth maul FX saber (glued two vader sabers together) the other with a mace windu. "Maul" spun his saber, one of the blades hit the floor, he stumbled, the blade snapped, he then fell into "mace" who in an attempt to sheild himself from "maul" cracked "maul" in the wedding bells.

nothing funnier than seeing a grown man cry while hugging his broken toy and cupping his sack.

again, this movie kicked all sorts of butt ^_^

It's good to finally see some favorable reviews on a Star Wars film again.... can't wait to go see it Sunday.

I agree. I plan on seeing it Saturday morning over here.

I read the book so I have a basic idea on what's going to happen. Just reading the book alone made me feel sorry for Anakin (without going into all the possible spoiler reasons why). The Jedi, IMO, just like in KOTOR2: The Sith Lords, justly had it coming to them for a long time.

You'll love it, Keith. It almost went by too fast. It seemed much shorter than its running time, the movie just never slows down.

You are not supposed to walk out feeling good. That was the rise of the empire and most appropriate.

You are not supposed to walk out feeling good. That was the rise of the empire and most appropriate.

Am I sick then, or am I the only one who was awaiting the rise of the Empire? Time to clean house and purge the galaxy of your enemies.

Am I sick then, or am I the only one who was awaiting the rise of the Empire? Time to clean house and purge the galaxy of your enemies.

You are sick.

this was a great movie. if you haven't, go see it. Great seeing the end of the Jedi, great to see the gears in motion for the events in the OT. Great stuff.

I couldn't agree more. After watching Revenge of the Sith, the urge to watch the original trilogy is intense.