Revenge of the Sith ROCKED! (spoiler free)

also, with the planned TV serieses in the work (whether they will see light or not) that's suppose to take place between ep.2 and 3 maybe those parts were left out on purpose. I for one want to see the false kidnapping of Palpatine.

also, with the planned TV serieses in the work (whether they will see light or not) that's suppose to take place between ep.2 and 3 maybe those parts were left out on purpose. I for one want to see the false kidnapping of Palpatine.

Uh, I may be wrong, but I think it takes place between III and IV.

H

They would have to pick a version. The book "Rise of Evil" has the abduction scene in it as well as the cartoon. The only 2 constants in either is the fact that hovertrains are involved and Windu Fracks Grevious up. Not totally contradicting mind you but a little off kilter.

This is why I hate Star Wars. Plastic-lightsaber-wielding, Yoda-quoting, Jedi-wannabes who can't get up off the floor from bowing at the altar of Lucas long enough to see that what they are worshipping is so much celluloid poo. They've become worse than the forty-five-year-old, living-in-the-basement-of-his-parent's-house, speaking-fluent-Klingon, dressing-up-as-Captain-Kirk-on-the-weekends Trekkies

LOL.  You're some what right.

No he's not. He's EXACTLY what he is complaining about, except he hates Lucas for "raping his childhood". The "raping my childhood" fans are worse than the ones who dress up and bring lightsabers to the movies with them. They think Lucas, or Star Wars, or somebody owes them something for being a fan. When they don't get what they want, they bitch bitch bitch about how much everything sucks, and how bad Lucas is, and how every so called "apologist" has their faces buried in Lucas' ass.

Its a frigging movie, grow up and get a life.

Forget Phantom Menace. Star Wars fans are the worst thing to happen to Star Wars.

I'll have to disagree. Wearing Stormtrooper Armor while waiting for Ep.3 is not a prerequisite to be a fan. Knowing every single detail, every name, the dimensions of the starcraft, etc., isn't a prerequisite to be a fan. Flaming away other people on Message Boards regarding Star Wars "facts" isn't a prerequisite either. A Star Wars fan can be someone who loves Star Wars, period. It could be some regular looking person down the street who happens to have and adore his Star Wars movie collection.

Big fans, especially large groups of them, can keep a franchise alive. It is also a sign of how good your work in any medium was.

Return of the Jedi was released in 1983.The Phantom Menace came out in 1999. There was a 16 year gap in between these movies. Without people who were fans of Star Wars, do you think the Prequels would have done well box office wise? If there were no fans, then the movies, the franchise, would nose dive harder than a fully laden jumbo jet running out of fuel 30k feet in the air.

If there were no fans, who would care if an old franchise was resurrected after so many years?

If there were no James Bond fans, would there have been any James Bond movies?

If there were no Star Trek fans, would there have been so many movies and TV series?

If ther were no Star Wars fans, would anyone have bought tickets into the numerous movies over the years?

To put it simply, the fans, especially ones who hold onto something for so long, are your base. They're the ones who buy your products, watch your shows & movies, etc.

If your movie had no fans, what does that say about your movie? Would Star Wars or Star Trek have gotten anywhere if they had no fanbase, people who gave a ****? They would have ended in the first movie/season/show. There would almost no chance of trying to "make a comeback" in the future.

also, with the planned TV serieses in the work (whether they will see light or not) that's suppose to take place between ep.2 and 3 maybe those parts were left out on purpose.    I for one want to see the false kidnapping of Palpatine.

H

I maybe wrong too... i could be confusing other projects like the clone wars cartoon to the TV series... In any case I tried to avoid anything to SW prior to seeing this movie. I read the Kevin Smith and Mark Hammil article by chance and I couldn't stop reading...but I skimmed over it... no self-control :rolleyes:

I know fan films are touch and go at best but some of the better ones (I.M.P.S.) show that a TV series could be done easily and well. If they do a post EP3 series following he development of characters like Han and Lando wouldnt be too bad an idea. The problem you run into is coming up with ideas to span 18 years of time in the story and not get bland like star trek.

also, with the planned TV serieses in the work (whether they will see light or not) that's suppose to take place between ep.2 and 3 maybe those parts were left out on purpose.    I for one want to see the false kidnapping of Palpatine.

H

I maybe wrong too... i could be confusing other projects like the clone wars cartoon to the TV series... In any case I tried to avoid anything to SW prior to seeing this movie. I read the Kevin Smith and Mark Hammil article by chance and I couldn't stop reading...but I skimmed over it... no self-control :rolleyes:

It takes place between III and IV. This has been confirmed.

H

It takes place between III and IV. This has been confirmed.

Didn't they say there are 2 shows. One live action taking place between eps. III and IV. The other a all CGI clone wars one.

Chris

They should just have a Star Wars channel. All Star Wars, all the time. Post ROTS and Post ROTJ TV series, Pre TPM series, all the movies, cartoons, shopping network, gaming news, SW telethons to keep the network alive... general SW news and a show where they read fanboy email on how their childhood was raped. oh and of course a new holiday special every year. :D

How about mail call w/ Boba Fett? A blooper show with Jar Jar. And The Real World where they stick Anakin, the Emperor, Mace Windu, The Blue chick, Chewie, Watto and Sebulba in the same chic apartment.

They should just have a Star Wars channel. All Star Wars, all the time. Post ROTS and Post ROTJ TV series, Pre TPM series, all the movies, cartoons, shopping network, gaming news, SW telethons to keep the network alive... general SW news and a show where they read fanboy email on how their childhood was raped. oh and of course a new holiday special every year. :D

How about mail call w/ Boba Fett? A blooper show with Jar Jar. And The Real World where they stick Anakin, the Emperor, Mace Windu, The Blue chick, Chewie, Watto and Sebulba in the same chic apartment.

:lol: Sounds great.

Especially the blooper show and The Real World.

Damn! That blue Jedi is HOT!

And completely and utterly useless. She didn't even get a chance to ignite her saber. I would have at least liked to have remembered her by something other than "hot" and "pathetically ganked". For all the attention given her character, for obvious reasons, it would have been nice if she'd actually been vaguely consequential and put up a slight if futile fight.

-Al

Hello,

I saw the movie last night and really enjoyed it.

I'm confused about a scene in the beginning, and my inability to rewind so I could figure out what happened caused me to keep thinking about it for a while.

When Anakin and Obi Wan are fighting against General Grievous on the bridge of his ship, he takes out a weapon and shots it through one of the main windows of the bridge. His gun has a hook which he uses to attach to the ship so he isn't sucked into space, and then he reenters the ship and exits again via a escape pod.

I remember seeing Anakin, Obi Wan and even Emperor Palpatine fighting to remain on the bridge and hold on so they don't get sucked into space. (reminds me of the part in Aliens where the Queen is sucked out of the cargo hold) Next thing I know, the bridge glass is completely intact, and the are crash landing. I know about movie magic, but I've never seen a spaceship designed where a replacement piece of glass slides into place, or something like that. Once it's gone, it's gone for good.

So, what happened? How did they suddenly go from fighting for their lives to remain in a ship where the artificial environment is being sucked out into the void of space, to sealing the bridge again? The extreme heat from the reentry into earth's atmosphere should have fried them.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

I missed seeing that. Definitely convenient. If I remember correctly, the window that was broken was at the front of the bridge. I don't recall seeing that their view was blocked by any metal bulkheads. I'll just have to content myself to wait until it's released on DVD. Here in the Philippines, that only takes a few days. :lol:

Edited by ChristopherB

ROTS made $158.5 million from Thursday to Sunday breaking a whole number of records. I saw it twice on Thursday (including at midnight) so I'm glad to say I was part of making movie history. B)) Since I saw TPM five times and AOTC three times, I wonder how many more times I should see this one? ;)

Damn! That blue Jedi is HOT!

And completely and utterly useless. She didn't even get a chance to ignite her saber. I would have at least liked to have remembered her by something other than "hot" and "pathetically ganked". For all the attention given her character, for obvious reasons, it would have been nice if she'd actually been vaguely consequential and put up a slight if futile fight.

-Al

Hmmm... considering that she's known to me as "that blue jedi who was sorta hot and in the movie for all of 3 seconds", I didn't really feel let down by her getting killed so easily.

Getting shot by your own soldiers is hardly "pathetically ganked" in my book, too. Her death was a better indicator of the surprising and downright evil of the Emporer's plan than it would have been if she'd died somehow being omniscient and fighting back. Hell, Yoda barely got out alive, same with Obi Wan.

This is what makes the movie a tragedy, rather than a triumph for the Jedi. What you're proposing would've taken the sting out of the betrayal.

It's a bit like saying, "Geez, there were like 15 of those little youngling Jedi's and only one Anakin... surely they could've put up more of a fight! Little wussies." :lol:

SPOILERS! Dang, forgot for a moment this is supposed to be the non-spoiler thread.

Hmmm... considering that she's known to me as "that blue jedi who was sorta hot and in the movie for all of 3 seconds", I didn't really feel let down by her getting killed so easily.

Getting shot by your own soldiers is hardly "pathetically ganked" in my book, too.  Her death was a better indicator of the surprising and downright evil of the Emporer's plan than it would have been if she'd died somehow being omniscient and fighting back.  Hell, Yoda barely got out alive, same with Obi Wan.

This is what makes the movie a tragedy, rather than a triumph for the Jedi.  What you're proposing would've taken the sting out of the betrayal. 

It's just that for one character who's gotten so much fanfare (from internet geeks at least), I feel we could have seen a little more of her. If she must be shot cluelessly in the back and repeated so, then I would have at least liked to see her doing a little something of notice earlier in the film. Barring that, I'd prefer having her say, not fall on the first shot, whirling in pain to blindly force push the nearest trooper, then getting ganked anyway. Something to that effect wouldn't have made the Jedis' betrayal any less tragic, although I suppose different camera angles would be needed to set it apart from Ali Mundi's scene. At any rate, you still have a few others that were killed without knowing what hit them, so I don't think a brief reaction would have damped any sting of betrayal. In fact, it might hurt us a little more to see Secura's reaction, like we did Plo Koon's and Ali Mundi's. Just seemed to me a waste of an apparently popular character design.

It's a bit like saying, "Geez, there were like 15 of those little youngling Jedi's and only one Anakin... surely they could've put up more of a fight!  Little wussies."  :lol:

Except it isn't, especially since we didn't even see the fight. :) Actually I assume they did put up a brief but vain fight-- I don't think they stood around while Vader cut them down. I imagine a few parries, some panicked running, and a few who stalwartly accepted their fate and stood in place. The scene would also have been less powerful if Anakin cut them all down while their backs were turned, playing Jedi tiddlywinks or something. In the end, a scene's power and significance often lies in the characters' reactions, and an attempt to put up a fight is just one way to convey and magnify their reaction. With Secura, we didn't get much reaction, and hence, weren't able to empathize and feel the sting as well as we might otherwise have. She remains "some hot twilek that died." Without having her be made more familiar to us... with no real sense of loss, her death is almost comedic. I know I almost wanted to laugh, and I think I heard a few chuckles in the theater. That certainly steals any "sting" we were supposed to feel.

-Al

Edited by Sundown

However, she has appeared for years in comics and has a fairly expansive history. But you are right that she did go out with a wimper. :)

Now I suppose these two f'ing idiots are gonna probably feel somehow entitled to reparations, like G. Lucas is in some way responsible for their thinking deficiencies. F'ing DUMB ASSES. Oh yeah, they'll get their 15 minutes of fame; the tape is bound to surface on "reality"/"extreme" shows everywhere. It's only too bad that they didn't succeed in removing themselves from the gene pool, thereby doing society a favor... <_<

It's just that for one character who's gotten so much fanfare (from internet geeks at least), I feel we could have seen a little more of her. If she must be shot cluelessly in the back and repeated so, then I would have at least liked to see her doing a little something of notice earlier in the film. Barring that, I'd prefer having her say, not fall on the first shot, whirling in pain to blindly force push the nearest trooper, then getting ganked anyway. Something to that effect wouldn't have made the Jedis' betrayal any less tragic, although I suppose different camera angles would be needed to set it apart from Ali Mundi's scene. At any rate, you still have a few others that were killed without knowing what hit them, so I don't think a brief reaction would have damped any sting of betrayal. In fact, it might hurt us a little more to see Secura's reaction, like we did Plo Koon's and Ali Mundi's. Just seemed to me a waste of an apparently popular character design.
It's a bit like saying, "Geez, there were like 15 of those little youngling Jedi's and only one Anakin... surely they could've put up more of a fight!  Little wussies."  :lol:

Except it isn't, especially since we didn't even see the fight. :) Actually I assume they did put up a brief but vain fight-- I don't think they stood around while Vader cut them down. I imagine a few parries, some panicked running, and a few who stalwartly accepted their fate and stood in place. The scene would also have been less powerful if Anakin cut them all down while their backs were turned, playing Jedi tiddlywinks or something. In the end, a scene's power and significance often lies in the characters' reactions, and an attempt to put up a fight is just one way to convey and magnify their reaction. With Secura, we didn't get much reaction, and hence, weren't able to empathize and feel the sting as well as we might otherwise have. She remains "some hot twilek that died." Without having her be made more familiar to us... with no real sense of loss, her death is almost comedic. I know I almost wanted to laugh, and I think I heard a few chuckles in the theater. That certainly steals any "sting" we were supposed to feel.

-Al

Secura? That sounds like a new Hyundai, not a character. Twilek? See, you can tell you're a little too "into this" when you assume that people have any idea what the hell a "twilek" is and that her name is anything other than a prototype 4 door sedan.

Who cares? The only reason you give a damn is because it was - underneath makeup and prosthetics - a hot chick. I don't see anybody crying about the big forehead guy's demise.

This just further illustrates the fact Star Wars fans are a very lonely bunch. ;):p:lol:

THe movie went by pretty fast. I read a lot of the scripts floating around, novel summaries, the threads here, and some of the novel in anticipation(heh the movie still rocked and yes I spoil a lot of stuff for myself) ;)

Overall I think it was the best of the prequels, but not as good as the OT. But good nonetheless.

I'll say this, tis a shame that most of the jedi got some of the best action figures so far and yet well are barely in the film. And some of the ways they....well yea more screentime would have been appreciated.

The lightsaber duels were awesome. And I still think Anakin was lead on to do all that stuff by the promise and goal of saving Padme. The jedi and Sith were alike in that niether really followed the book(the jedi seemed desperate in this one...you'll se).

But I have a few questions.

Who is commander bacara? His upcoming figure looks cool but I guess I missed him in the movie.

Secura?  That sounds like a new Hyundai, not a character.  Twilek?  See, you can tell you're a little too "into this" when you assume that people have any idea what the hell a "twilek" is and that her name is anything other than a prototype 4 door sedan.

If you're more comfortable with "blue chick" and "conehead guy", we can do that. I can also refer to Vader as "black plastic man" and the Death Star as "big friggin laser ball" if it would help. :p

I don't assume that their names are widely known, and only happen to remember them from the times I've run across them. Now I did make the leap of assuming you might understand who "Secura" referred to, you know, given the context of the discussion. I also assumed that I could trust someone I was conversing with to allow proper names, and to make the connection of Secura=blue chick without him asserting all sorts of unflattering things.

I'm now painfully aware of the errors of using Star Wars names in a Star Wars thread.

I don't see anybody crying about the big forehead guy's demise.

Actually I'm happy with Conehead guy's death. His was probably the best of the Jedis'. We got a reaction. We got a vain fight. We got an inevitable ganking. In fact, Blue chick's death should be a little more like Conehead's in emotion and effect. But like I said earlier, changes to her scene might make them too similar, so something's needed to set them apart.

Who cares? 

The only reason you give a damn is because it was - underneath makeup and prosthetics - a hot chick. 

This just further illustrates the fact Star Wars fans are a very lonely bunch.   ;)  :p  :lol:

Thing is, I never thought she was all that, either in or out of makeup. "Hot" stays in quotes. I've always rolled my eyes at how enamored fans seem to be about the character. Yay, another busty blue tentacled chick. Woo. Could not care less.

But I do give a damn about story telling, about cinematography, and about effective use of apparently successful character designs. And I do care about giving fans a real reason to care about a character besides the fact that she's nicely put together.

The scene was lacking to me because somehow, after all was said and done, I still didn't give a damn. And given how much attention she's gotten, I keep feeling as if I should. So I chose to point my blaming finger at the scene instead of the fans' collective lust-- however real and powerful a force the latter might be in elevating her significance, deserved or otherwise.

Now I'm not exactly sure how my aesthetic convictions and storytelling sense has anything to do with presumed loneliness, but hey, thanks for caring. :rolleyes:

-Al

Edited by Sundown

Just got back from seeing a matinee...well...I guess it was ok. Maybe I just had too high an expectation, or because I'm not that much of a Star Wars fan. I thought it was only slightly better than Ep II. :(

Oh well, I have Serenity to look forward to.

Saw on the news that some bit torrent site that had Episode III for download got shutdown hard today by the feds. They should have known that putting it up would get them some unwanted attention from the authorities. I'd say it will accelerate the demise of torrent sites.

LOL, hardly. And I am SO glad to see the federal government spending so much time fighting this copyright infringers, instead of focusing on less important matters, such as securing our borders and terrorism.

Secura?  That sounds like a new Hyundai, not a character.  Twilek?  See, you can tell you're a little too "into this" when you assume that people have any idea what the hell a "twilek" is and that her name is anything other than a prototype 4 door sedan.

I could see not knowing that her name is Secura, but you've honestly never heard the name Twilek? I'm one of the most casual fans of the series around, and even I know a Twilek when I see one.

You do know that the little teddy bear guys in Return of the Jedi are Ewoks, right? ;)

and the Death Star as "big friggin laser ball"

I've got a big friggin laser ball. I keep in in my closet and only bring it out for special occasions.